Log In Sign Up

Selectively/delaying vaxing here ...

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2011, 07:27 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,501
Ok, we are on a selective/delayed vaxing plan here. I'm super lucky to have a doctor who is totally willing to work with me on it so that's great. My son just turned one, so I know the MMR is on the schedule but I want to delay it. What mainly concerns me is that my son is very underweight (just at 17 lbs). I'm thinking we'll delay the MMR at least until 15 months at the earliest. I'd like him to be at least 20 lbs before he gets it and I don't want him to get it along with any other shots. Right now, he's caught up with Polio, Hib, DTaP and PCV. We broke them up and spaced them out so that he never got more than 2 shots at once. We opted out of the Hep B and Rotavirus shots altogether. We'll probably do Hep B much later, at school time is what I'm thinking.

Does anyone have any thoughts? I'm trying to decide what he should get at his next visit. I think the possibilities are: Hib, PCV, MMR, Varicella and Hep A, since we don't get the Hep B and I think he's already had 3 IPV shots. Like I said, I want to delay MMR for sure. I'm thinking, what if I did Hib and PCV at 12 months, Varicella and Hep A at 15 months and then MMR at 18 months. That still has him missing the 4th DTaP but I figure we can catch up on that at 2 years. I've had my vaccine for it and I'm bf, so I would think it would be OK. Obviously, I will talk to my doctor about it but I wanted to hear your thoughts too. Any information that you know of that I could read would be great too.
Reply With Quote
January 11th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,490
Welcome to CNTV. I'm glad you know what you want as far as what and when on vaccinations. I dont really have any advice for what you should get but wanted to welcome you.

Momma to Emma, Elzie, Gretchen, Olive, and Rogan

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0