Wanting to join...

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PrettyMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2012, 08:55 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello all. My name is Nikki, I'm married 6 yrs and my husband and I have 3 children together with one on the way. I have a 12 yr old son from a previous marriage and my husband has a 14 yr old from a previous relationship also. I am glad to find support on this topic because I catch tons of flack from family about not vaccinating my younger children. I was 21 when i had my first and just didn't know any better. He was given his vaccines on time like clockwork and my poor child stayed sick and in the hospital. Bronchiolitis, asthma, RSV, all sorts of issues. He is still a very sickly child and I always feel the vaccines played a part in destroying his immune system.

I vowed to rake control of my kids immunizations when our daughter was born. We said no shots until after age 1 when weaning off breastfeeding would begin. Well we started off good but I just still wasn't comfy. I would only allow one shot at a time and I selected which it would be. She never had a bad reaction, although she did have a bad fever after the polio one. Then our son came along and he was a preemie. We were even more cautious with him. He has been given 4 vaccines at almost 3 yrs old and we currently have the 1 yr old who only has had the Hep B in the hospital. I'm convinced I'm done altogether with them for all my kids. They are healthy as ox and I can count on one hand how many times they all have been sick. And when they did get sick it wasn't with anything that a vaccine could have warded off anyway. Everything I have read leads to feel that vaccines may not be the safest thing for my children. So its great to find other parents who feel the same and whom I can speak openly about this without judgment.
ComfortablyMum likes this.

December 6th, 2012, 03:34 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
I love how nonjudgmental the ladies on JM are.

Eve was vaccinated ONCE. She had two shots and she will NEVER have any again.
I regret those shots. I only did it cause I felt so pressured by people in our life.

Eve ended up projectile vomiting for a couple of hours and would not eat, drink or take any medicine to bring her temp down. Poor wee thing was in the ER

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

January 5th, 2013, 01:32 PM
IronMamma's Avatar -Child Advocate
You can absolutely talk here and not be judged. That's the beauty of this board! Well, this section. For the most part, everyone here feels the same. Some HAVE vaccinated and now chose not too and some have not.

I think it's GREAT that you are taking charge and doing what you feel is right.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

When you know better, you do better. And when you do better, you know HINTA.

January 7th, 2013, 07:30 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
welcome

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search