Trying to have a baby at 44

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By momof8lopez
  • 1 Post By Rebelmommy
  • 1 Post By MrsB1227
  • 1 Post By Mommy1971
  • 1 Post By crazyincanada
Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2015, 07:44 AM
hello my husband and I are dying to have a third child. I just turned 44 and my Gyno told me flat out not to do it. I was very disappointed when I left her office. Looking into fostering/adopt a child but I would love my own. Any thoughts??
September 8th, 2015, 06:51 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im 44 and having my 9th. Its possible, please do not give up hope. I did not plan this, but did not prevent either. We have had had several loss's, due to age of the eggs, but it only takes one good one to pop out! Its scary due to all the risks, but hand in there if this is something you want desperately. Find a new dr. too, one a little bit more supportive. Good luck!
momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

September 10th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
^^ What she said.. I am 40 working on #6
crazyincanada likes this.

Ashley (02/18/94) Rhiana (08/20/02) Tierney (05/23/04)
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) Devlynn Grace (02/05/2016)

October 3rd, 2015, 09:29 AM
MrsB1227's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My friend conceived her first and only child at 44. Took her just a couple of months and conceived naturally. She did end up having Gestational diabetes but kept it under control with diet. Her daughter was born a month early but big, almost 9 lbs. She is now a perfectly healthy 6 year old.

May 2nd, 2016, 05:44 AM
Hi just got a a positive digital test and iam 44...this is my 3 rd pregnancy in my 40s..i delivered a healthy baby at 42...the next pregnancy when baby was 8 months old was a miscarriage and here I am at 44 pregnant again i got pregnant each time within 4 to 5 months of no protection...big risk of miscarriage 50 percent but that means the other 50 percent do have their baby..Risk of downs syndrome is 3 kids out of 100 at our age...
May 2nd, 2016, 05:54 PM
crazyincanada's Avatar Veteran
Hi there! Yes, if you want it & are ok with the risks, go for it! It's very unprofessional of that Dr. to put their opinion on you. I would switch & possibly lodge a complaint. BTW.... I am 42 and 6 weeks pregnant, naturally.
Mrs. P. likes this.

Last edited by crazyincanada; May 2nd, 2016 at 05:55 PM. Reason: typo
June 11th, 2016, 04:26 AM
I am 43, I had a miscarriage in April. My midwife told me not to give up hope, because I did conceive naturally I will have a chance to conceive.
June 20th, 2016, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't give up hope at all. 2 of my great friends both recently gave birth to beautiful children (both in there forties). One started using something called Pregnancy Miracle and she recommended it to the other. They both had great success which surprised me. They read about it on Persistent Parenting? I haven't been to the website but that is what they told me. I'm in my thirties but I just know that it worked for them so I thought I would pass on the story / knowledge.

I'd give it a look if I were you. You could probably find it looking up something like "Persistent Parenting pregnancy". All i know is that the website they read about it was the Persistent Parenting, and the product obviously had something to do with pregnancy lol. Sorry I can't really go in depth more but that is all they mentioned. I'd at least give it a look though if you are interested.
July 26th, 2016, 05:27 AM
Regular
COQ10!! The vitamin helps in making sure eggs and sperm are regenerated and healthy! Took it for 4 months both me and my husband After being told i would not get pregnant due to my cancer 6 years ago and im pregnant
August 12th, 2016, 12:40 PM
I'm 40 and had my first little girl via IUI.

I had to go through a myriad of tests, and more tests to make sure my body could take it but it worked!

Hang in there and find a new OB because 40 is the new 20
September 13th, 2016, 04:03 PM
I know this is an older thread and I wanted to post. I'm 45 just remarried to a lovely guy 5 yrs younger with no children. His previous partner did miscarry so there is hope. We are struggling. My fertility doc has done an HSG, blew my tubes open. On the 11th of Aug I had a D&C and polypectomy to remove some,polyps. Two days later was my AF, I spotted. Ovulation was the 28th or 2984th. I had bleeding half the day for some reason, then nothing. Should have started the 11th of sept, nothing. Took a year today, negative. So discouraged.I have 3 other kids so I know I can but she told me my egg reserve is low. I'm almost ready to give up.

Last edited by my3kiz; September 14th, 2016 at 06:57 AM.
August 30th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Libby22's Avatar Super Moderator
it can happen i know people who had babies in there 40s

My Ovulation Chart
August 31st, 2017, 11:04 AM
I'm 42 and conceived this one on the first 'attempt' well in all honesty we were not trying or preventing. We just got married at the end of May and by the end of July knew we were expecting. Scary and exciting all at the same time.
I also have two boys 8 and 6.
November 4th, 2018, 12:56 AM
Don't give up on this! I had 5 miscarriages and gave up on getting pregnant with my second child. As soon as I gave up and relaxed, I became pregnant at the age of 43. I had my baby daughter right before I turned 44 years old. I have an older daughter who is 12 years old. I really had given up hope. I am 45 years old now and not really trying to have another but if it does happen, it'll be another miracle! Women can achieve anything they put their mind to!

Andrea

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search