Log In Sign Up

Aiden John

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To C/S Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2008, 06:23 PM
ProudMomof2Boys416's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 7,715
Send a message via AIM to ProudMomof2Boys416 Send a message via Yahoo to ProudMomof2Boys416
FINALLY, it was the day that Tim and I were going to meet our son . Tim and I got up at about 7am to get ready to head to the hospital. I woke up so excited yet so nervous at the same time. Since Tim's leg was a little immobilized (he had broken his leg on December 1st at work), we went to Tim's mom and dad's work to pick up his mom so she could drive us in. Before we starting heading to the hospital, we had to make a quick stop in Webster so Tim could get his blood drawn (after he broke his leg, he ended up getting 2 blood clots in his lungs . So he had to get his blood drawn every week once he recovered). We had been going to the lab for quite some time to get Tim's blood drawn while I was pregnany, and every time we went there, we always walked right in.....Tim got his blood drawn, and we walked right back out. This morning was a little different. It was busier than we had ever seen it. Tim and I walked in and found out that we had a good 20-30 minute waite. We waited in the waiting room for a while and then realized that we could no longer wait because we had to get to the hospital. I went up to the receptionists desk and told him that we had to take off very soon and asked if there was any possible way he could take Tim's blood really quick so we could go. The workers there got to know TIm and I very well and were very excited when we told them Aiden was coming in just a few hours. Thankfully, they were very willing to get TIm in so we could make it to the hospital on time. After 5 minutes after Tim went in, we were off to the hospital!

The drive to the hospital seemed to take so much longer than it really did, As we got closer to the hospital, the more nervous I got. We finally get to the hospital and have about 2 minutes to spare!. Tim and I race up to the labor and delivery floor as quick as we could. Tim's mom went to park the vehicle and thankfully bring up my suitcase so we could just be concerned with getting ready to meet Aiden . I kept asking Tim if this was real because it all felt too good to be true. Tim and I had been to the hopsital a few times during my pregnancyand the labor and delivery floor was very familiar. Although this itme was a lot more exciting!. There was no questions wondering if I was going to be staying at the hospital or if Iwas going to be sent home. This time was the real thing!!.

Tim and i proceed to the labor and delivery receptionist desk and explain that I was there for a scheduled c-section. The lady at the desk asked me my name and then looked through my paperwork. A few minutes later she says "okay" and tells me to come through the doors to go into triage to get prepared. A nurse met us on teh other side of the doors and took Tim and I into the triage section. She told me to change into their lovely hospital gowns and to meet her and Tim back at a certain bed after I was done. After I was done, I met them at the bed, got into the bed and was hooked up the the same fetal monitors and contraction monitors as the NST. The monitor let us know that Aiden's heart sounded very good and I also had a few good sized contractions, but none that I felt or that were strong enough to do anything. After getting the monitors in place, she took down some information, talked to me and Tim a little bit, etc..... After she was finished taking my information, she decided to take off the monitors and said everything looked great. She told me that she would be right back and that she had to go get my IV ready. I wasn't really looking frward to the IV part, but honestly it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Before she started the IV, she gave me a shot of numbing medication so I wouldn't be able to feel the actual IV as much. The first time she tried the IV, it didn't work so she had to take it out and try again. She once again gave me a shot of numbing medication where she was going to put the IV and then tried again. This time, it worked!. After the IV was in place, another nurse came in and explained who she wasand that she would be one of the nurses in the operating room with me. She was VERY nice!. She told me that some of our family members were in the waiting room and she told us that it would be okay that we visit with them, but we had to watch a quick movie on c-sections first and I had to finish my one back of fluids. I thought the movie was a great idea cause I had no idea what was going to be happening and was very scared. Shortly after the moveie was done, I finished my first bag of fluids and we were able to go out and visit with our family for a little bit. The nurse explained to us that she would call us back in about 45 minutes because the anesthesiologist and the doctor performing the surgery wanted to talk to us before we went in.

Tim and I went out to the waiting room where Tim's mom and my mom were waiting. We walked over, sat down and started chatting. A few minutes later, my dad, my stepmother and my brother came through the doors to greet us. While chatting with our families, I realized that my hand with the IV in it was cold and wet. I told our family that I was going to go to the receptionists desk to make sure everything was okay. My dad helped me over there since I was hooked up to some tubes . THere just so happened to be a nurse at the desk as well when I went up there and she said that one of my tubes had come a little loose. She said to come back into triage so she coudl fix it. I was a little worried cause I thought they wre going to have to do the IV all over again, but thankfully that wasn't the case. They just had to screw the tube back in a little tighter. After getting my IV fixed, we were able to visit with our families a little bit more before heading into the operating room. After visiting a little bit more, the nurse came out to get Tim and I and told us that they were ready for us . We said a quick goodbye to our families and shared some hugs and said we would see them soon....but this time with baby Aiden .

Tim and I went back into triage where we met the anesthesiologist and the doctor who would be performing my surgery. I had met the doctor a few times in the doctors office during my pregnancy and felt very comfortable with her doing the sugery. They explained what was going to be happeningm, what theyw ould be doing, etc.... it made me feel very good to be so prepared before I went in. A few mintues after they explained everything to us, they asked if we had any questions. I asked a few things and was quikly comforted shortly afterwards. I was very prepared and very ready to meet Aiden .

After my questions were asked and Tim and I started to get excited again, they came in and said that they were ready to go!. I couldn't believe it!. We were minutes away from meeting our son!. The nurse explained to me that the operating room was very cold and boy was she right! lol. Unfortunatly I was taken into the operating room, but TIm had to wait out in the hall so I could get my spinal medication. Finally after getting all set, Tim was able to come in. He sat by my side the whole time while the nurses talked to me to keep my mind occupied. The nurses pricked me a few times with something sharp to make sure I wasn't feeling anything. The first few times they did it, I still felt it so they had to wait a little longer. Finally they tried again and this time, it worked!. I didn't feel a thing....so they were able to get started.

As I was laying on the table I realized that the incision was made because they said the time it was made at. As soon as I heard that, I immediatly got nervous but very excited!. I knew that very soon, I was going to be hearing Aiden cry. I didn't feel any pain, but I felt a lot of pressure and a lot of tugging and pulling. After what felt like forever, the doctor said "okay the head is out". I almost started crying when I heard that!


The moment came!. Tim and I heard the first cries of our baby boy! . It was such a wonderful sound!. After a minute or two of hearing him cry, the nurse that was behind my head talking to me stood up and pulled the drape down a little bit and said "okay look over the drape here" and a few seconds later, the doctor held Aiden up and Tim and I finally!.....after 41 weeks!, got to meet our precious baby boy
Aiden John
January 4, 2007
8lbs 11oz 21.25 inches

Caleb Michael
February 16, 2009
9lbs 5oz 21 inches

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0