Log In Sign Up

Miabelle's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To C/S Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2010, 01:03 AM
lil duckies mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bothell,WA
Posts: 6,141
Wow, is all I can say. I went in for my induction at 6 am December 15. When I first got there they checked me and I was still only 2 cm dilated. Around 7 am my OB came in and placed the Foley Catheter and broke my waters. Let me tell you, I do not recall it being that painful when they broke my waters with DD1. The nurse was telling me that I was having contractions that were about 3 minutes apart but I was not really feeling them. I was having gas at the same time so that was all I noticed.

Around 8 am they began my Pitocin. When they went to check me I was already dilated enough that the Foley Catheter just fell out. That was a great sign. By 10:30 am they had increased my Pitocin to 4 and I was starting to feel the contractions, but they were not that painful.

Around 1:30 pm my OB came in and was surprised she had not got a page for me. They checked my cervix and I was still at 4 cm and she said baby was high, but did not say how high. They increased my Pitocin to about 5 and my OB said I should be dilating about 1 cm per hour. So I should have a baby in just a few short hours. Shortly before that my Pitocin was put to a 6.

The nurses kept asking me to let them check me. I was terrified. I knew that if I was not dilating like my OB had said that that most likely meant a C-section. So I denied them checking. Around 3, the nurses changed shifts and I heard the leaving nurse tell the on coming nurse I was only 4 cm and baby was in -2 station. I started freaking out. I did not realize she was THAT high up.

Around 4:30 I finally let the nurse check me. She came in, checked me, and said I had not changed. At that time I started tearing up. I knew what this meant. So she called my OB and my OB said she would be over to talk to me about my options. The nurse told me that my OB wanted to do the Csection so that it would decrease baby and my chances of anything bad.

I of course was crying. A Csection was my biggest fear. I have never had a surgery or anything a day in my life and this was the only thing that scared me truly throughout the whole pregnancy. Before my OB got there the nurse left and let me and DH talk. He tried to relax me and assure me everything was ok and he was here. At that moment he did not know he would be allowed to go in during the Csection. But he was trying to calm me down.

Once my OB came in she started walking me through the process. I was starting to have a panic attack. I was having to breath through contractions and the fact that my worst fear was coming true.

They rolled me into the OR room. And explained what was going to happen and what they needed from me. I began balling. They had a hard time with the Spinal. Apparently I was very narrow and they had to try twice. Eventually I could not feel a thing. I was still freaking out at this time.

I was placed on oxygen at this time and remained on oxygen for 4 hours.

Then my OB opened my little window so I could see. However it took about 3-4 minutes before they actually could get Miabelle out. She just WOULD NOT come out. They tugged and pulled and eventually what seemed like an enormous baby....Miabelle emerged. DH and I were crying. She was crying. And I could not see her from all the tears.

When they went to weigh her I was like OMG. She was 7lbs 15 oz. Yes, that to most people is not big. However, it was proven that my vaginal entrance/exit was not meant to birth normal size children haha. She was not coming out vaginally no matter what. Her head (as normal size as it was) would not fit down the birth canal.

Born at 5:53 MP
7 lbs 15 oz 20 inches long

As traumatic as this was, it was worth it. I look at her and can not believe how lucky I am. I was able to breastfeed her within 30 minutes of going into my room. I was only upset that DH was not able to cut the umbilical cord, but he was to mesmerized by her to even think about it. It was not until he was asked did he realized he did not do it.

Thank you Claire1979!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0