Log In Sign Up

3 C-Section Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To C/S Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 180
Send a message via Yahoo to *Cheyenne*
Birth of Ethan in 2005- On Monday, September 26th, I went in for my appointment with my OB/GYN (after switching from a midwife due to complications with my back & sciatic nerve) I get in there, and doctor told me that if I'm dilated to a certain amount, he would induce me on Friday (September 30th) so he checks me, and I'm dilated to 3cm, he then said he'd be inducing me on Friday the 30th, if I didn't go on my own before then. Well, Friday rolled around and my sister and I head to the hospital at 7am, get checked in and head back to OB where they get me all set up, and start my IV for the Pitocin drip, and within 20 minutes, I was contracting about 2-3 minutes apart, at about 10:30am, the doctor came in to check me and also break my water, I was still at 3cm dilated and my amniotic fluid was clear which was good. The contractions really started to kick into high gear at this point, but the only problem was, they were mostly in my back and I was not progressing. At 2pm, the doctor came and checked me again and again I was still only at 3cm, so he upped the Pitocin and went back to clinic duties, well around 4pm he came back to see if anything had changed, but nope, I was still 3cm, and by this time I was in such unbearable pain that he went ahead and ordered the epidural...That was the most painful 30 minute wait of my entire life because the anesthesiologist from this hospital had just gone off call and left the building, so they had to call in the one from Chariton Hospital, when he finally got there, he got everything ready to go, had me sit up and then stood behind me for 20 minutes talking to the nurse, it took both of my sisters saying something to him before he finally started...After it was finally in, it took effect within about 10 minutes, but didn't last long...The nurses changed shifts at 7pm and the new nurse came in to check my progress, I was still at 3cm, so she went to call the doctor and report to him, and he told her to come back and give me the option of continuing til morning and he'd be in first thing in the morning to do the c-section if I had not progressed or he would come in now and do it if I wanted him to! Well, I knew that if I had no progressed in the 12 hours already, waiting another 12 hours was just going to prolong the inevitable so I chose to go with the c-section then, because I knew I wasn't going to get past 3cm and Ethan's heart rate would not stay on the monitor and I was more worried about him then myself. So at 7:45pm I was taken back to the OR and prepped for surgery, I ended up getting sick twice while the doctor was cutting into me, which made my muscles tense up and so the recovery process was a bit more painful but it was worth it. At 8:43pm my handsome son Ethan Michael was born weighing in at 5lbs 9.5oz and 18 1/2 inches long. I remember waking up in recovery asking if he was here, (cause I didn't remember much after going to sleep) and they said yes, so I asked how much he weighed, and when they told me I actually asked them if they switched babies because I was told I'd have an 8 almost 9lb baby! LOL Today he is my happy and very healthy and very rambunctious 5 year old!!

Birth of Emory in 2006- My pregnancy was pretty routine and no real complications. Emory was a repeat c-section birth, my due date was December 29th 2006, so the doctor and I agreed upon a scheduled c-section, and told to be at the hospital at 7:30am on December 20th 2006 for a 9am c-section. Once I arrived, I got checked in and went back to OB (this birth took place at the same hospital as my son Ethan, just different doctors delivering) once back in OB, I was hooked up to the monitor for a little while, to make sure his heart rate was still good which of course it was, the anesthesiologist came in to talk to me around 8:45am (this time it was the good one) and explained everything to me that would go on once back in the OR, then around 9am the doctor came in to talk to me and then I was taken back to the OR. I was prepped and then the surgery was underway, and before I knew it, my second handsome son was here! At 9:30am on December 20th 2006 my son Emory Mitchell was born weighing in at 7lbs. 5oz. and 20 1/2 inches long. He had some breathing complications at first but quickly bounced back, but he was struggling to keep his temperature up, so I didn't get to see him until 8pm that night which really upset me, but once they did bring him to me, the tears were gone, especially after the way they brought him into me, being born so close to Christmas, I got my precious baby boy brought to me in a stocking that said Happy Holidays! Yes, a stocking, and it was so cute! All you could see was his little blue hat poking out the top it was so adorable! Now days, he is my handsome almost 4 year old who is very very smart!

Birth of Breilyn in 2009- Breilyn's pregnancy was pretty eventful really, I went into pre-term labor twice, once at 32 weeks and once again at 34 weeks, at 32 weeks, I was at the hospital until 3am and at 34 weeks I was kept over night because it took much longer to stop the contractions that were coming every 1-2 minutes, I think it was finally 4am when they finally stopped. My due date was December 4 and my scheduled c-section date was November 30th. Well, miss Breilyn had other plans!! On Thanksgiving Day, (November 26th 2009) the day started off pretty good, went up to the MIL's for dinner and around 3:30pm contractions started coming on, so I decided to lay down, well that didn't help, so at 5pm DH took me to the local hospital because the hospital that I was delivering at was an hour away and I didn't want to drive all the way there just for them to tell me to go home after a few hours, so we drove to the local hospital where they checked me, I was 1cm dilated but no effacing or thinning, so I went home. I decided to lay down again, but that was not what Breilyn had in mind, around 8pm contractions were continuing and I called my hospital L&D and my doctor was actually on call, he told me to go ahead and come in but if I wasn't in true labor he'd send me home and wait it out til Monday the 30th. So just in case, DH and I took the diaper bag and the infant car seat with us and headed to Des Moines, well what an eventful night, on the way up there, we get pulled over (DH was speeding) the state trooper looked at his license and let us go...We arrived at the hospital around 10pm, they got me upstairs, and hooked up to the monitors and I was contracting every 1 to 2 minutes with them lasting about a minute. Doctor wanted an IV started and wanted to attempt to stop the contractions, but that wasn't happening. It took 3 different tries to get my IV in and by this time it was already 1am, so doctor decided to go ahead and do c-section instead of waiting til Monday (which we found out later was a good thing because they had over-booked the OR for Monday) so they started prepping me for my c-section, this is where it gets vague...Once in the OR, (hubby is out in the hallway waiting to be let in) and they attempted to do my spinal 6 different times (yes, 6 times) and were unsuccessful each time, so the doctor went out to get DH's permission to put me completely under and explain that during that time he would not be allowed in but once baby was out they would come get him...And that is exactly what happened, so from what DH told me, Breilyn Jade was born at 2:51am weighing in at 7lbs 10oz and was 19 3/4 inches long! Doctor immediately brought Terry in once she was out and actually allowed DH to cut the cord straight from me (which is not usually allowed in a c-section) but he allowed it, I was grateful for that! I was taken back to my room around 4am and seen my beautiful baby girl for the first time while they were cleaning her up some more and had her under the heater! My throat was so sore after having the tube in there that I couldn't really talk but I will say, that today, my princess is a happy and healthy and very LOUD 1 year old little girl who I would be lost with out!

So there is my c-section birth stories of my beautiful children! Enjoy!
Reply With Quote
November 11th, 2013, 04:42 AM
BG BG is offline
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3
hi am new in justmommies, yz is encouraging i delivered mine on da 2nd August.

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0