Log In Sign Up

Logan Willard and Trinity Jade

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To C/S Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2006, 04:04 PM
charmed_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,482
I was due with Logan on 2/10..had a hard pregnancy with GD and those nasty injections. During my last biophysical profile u/s the week before my due date they estimated him at 8lbs 4oz...my doctor decided to induce on 2/12. Around 1am on 2/12 I started having regular contractions about ever 5 minutes. The time came where we needed to get up and get ready to head to the hospital for my induction which was schedualed at 7am. We arrived at 6:30am and the nurse hooked me up to my IV..or rather she attempted to. The first try she blew my vien...second try she just couldn't get the needle in..All this was making me sick to my stomach so she went and got a really cute male nurse who was great in putting my IV in. I ended up throwing up while he did it but they both complimented me on how well I could hold my arm still and vomit at the same time LOL. (The IV was because I was GBS+) My doctor came in around 7am and checked me. I was already dilated to 6 so and since I was already contracting really well he said there was no reason to induce. Then on his way out of the room he stopped to look at the baby's heartbeat on the monitor. (dh had left at this time to go pick up my mom and Alex) My doctor stood there for about 10 minutes just watching, then he said, "It looks like we may have a problem." He then explained that Logan's heart rate was dropping during contractions and not coming back up like they should be. He said that we could wait it out or do a c/s. I was alone and didn't want to make any decisions without Wyatt being with me. So I told him that we would discuss it with him as a group whenever he came back. Wyatt came back at 8am and our doctor explained to him what he had just told me. We looked at each other and we knew from the look in each others eyes that we wanted to go through with the c/s because we didn't want to take any chances of something bad happening to our little guy. So, the doctor went down and talked with the OR team...they schedualed my c/s for noon since it wasn't a dire emergency. 11am came and the nurse came down and prepped me for surgery by inserting my folley catheter. At noon on the dot they had me walk down to the OR. I got on the table where they started my epidural. They had problems as apparently I have a curve in my spine. It took 3 tries to get it in and the anesthesiologist had to put it in a little higher so I was numb from the chest down. I felt really sleepy as they laid my arms out straight. They didnt tie them down but it wouldn't have mattered anyway, I couldn't move them LOL. I think I may have fell asleep because the next thing I know is my mom was in the room and I asked them if they had started yet and my doctor laughed and said they were almost to the baby. I heard lots of suctioning then they told me they were pulling him out. He was born at 12:36pm I felt absolutely NOTHING, no pressure nothng. It got hard to breath and I Started to vomit. My blood pressure dropped so they gave me somethign in my IV. I felt better after that and I heard him start crying. The nurse gave me a quick glance and all I remember was thinking of how bald he was LOL. (our first son had tons of hair) They took him over to the incubator to weigh him, he was 9lbs 10.9oz. They then had to check his blood sugars as I had GD. His sugars dropped a bit so they put a tube down his nose in case they had to give him special meds to bring it back up..but thankfully that wasn't needed. They closed me up and wheeled me back into my room by 1pm. Logan followed shortly after at 1:05pm. Later that night we found out the reason his heart rate was decreasing..he had a huge knot in his umbilical cord that was being compressed during contractions. The doctor said with the way it was, had we went vaginal we probably would have ended up with an emergency c/s anyway.

Trinity Jade was a schedualed c/s on March 23rd. I also had GD with this prenancy. I was schedualed to go in at 11:30am and my section was for 1:30pm. I got to my room and at noon the nurse came in to start my IV. (I needed 2 bags of fluid before surgery) My husband got off work at 1pm so he came up to the hospital right away. The nurses then told me they had an emergency c/s so I was being bumped back. At 2:30pm they came down for me. I went into the OR and they started my spinal. I think it was easier than my epi personally. After they got it done they insterted the folly and tied my hands down (which kinda freaked me out cause they didn't do it the time before) Then the machines started beeping and I started throwing up again..more like dry heaving but it still sucked. They had my mom come in after that cause they wanted to make sure I was stable. I felt EVERYTHING. I felt throbbing pain when they first started cutting. I could feel them slide the knife across my belly. I could feel snipping, pulling and it was throbbing. At 3:26pm Trinity Jade was born crying her head off. They brought her over and showed her to me. They took her over to the warmer and checked her blood sugars which kept dropping but they said they would give me a chance to breastfeed before trying other things. My doctor was doing my tubal so they let my mom hold Trinity while they were doing that. Trinity was so precious! Finally after what seemed like forever they put her in the bed with me as they wheeled me to our room. She weighed 9lbs 5.4oz. The doctor was amazed at how much amniotic fluid I had. He said it was the most he has ever seen. Then he said it was also good we didn't try for a VBAC like I wanted because my previous scar was so thin, he highly doubts I would have made it through labor.
<div align="center">

Reply With Quote
November 2nd, 2006, 08:36 AM
*Cassie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 18,780
Wow, I'm sorry your 2nd c/s was so rough. Congrats on the safe arrival of both your little ones!
RIP Grammie (06/24/35 - 07/25/06) and Grampie (08/18/26 - 07/26/06). I love you both and I miss you so much...
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0