Log In Sign Up

Hunter Lee Wolford's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To C/S Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Hunters_Mommie's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 106
Hunter Lee Wolford's Story

I was 40 weeks and 5 days when I was set to be induced. I was scheduled for an inducement - Saturday, November 18 @ 8am. I arrived at the hospital at 7am and I had my water broke at 10am. Around 11am, I asked for an epidural. I was feeling amazing, so zoned out. By 5pm, I had only reached 5cm. They were a little concerned because I had been on the drugs (i forget what it's called) since 7-8am. They weren't sure if maybe he was in the wrong position, or what? By that time, They asked if I wanted to wait it out..or do a c-section (she said I would have a c-section no matter what most likely.. but if I wanted to wait, she'd understand). Around 6pm, I decided to go ahead with a c-section. By that time, I was in labor for 10hrs. Finally, At 7:21pm, My baby boy was born! 9lbs - 2oz - 20.5in. . .I was so happy. Tears of joy were definitely present. We were in the hospital for 2 or 3 days and then we were home!

The c-section portion was horrifing for me. I was so upset that I wouldn't deliver vaginally. I was scared that something might go wrong during the procedure. But, I had an amazing team of doctors working and it was an "in & out" thing. Seriously, it felt like it went by so fast. I was in the delivery room around 6:45-7:00pm and delivered at 7:21 then in the recovery room for about an hour to an hour and a half. I was finally in my postpartum room by 10pm and having bowel movements around 6-7am the next day. I healed wonderfully and I haven't been too sore throughout the entire recovery process. My staples got stuck the day they were being removed...so it was a little painful then. Other than that, I thought it was an easy delivery & recovery.

It's 1 month later - I feel like I can do anything! I do have some days where I feel a little weird and numb. I have my 6week check-up on Jan. 2, I hope to hear good things!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0