Log In Sign Up

Victoria Elizabeth "Tori"

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To C/S Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Eeyore777's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 7,034
My third pregnancy was by no means easy. I had problems with my blood pressure, lack of fetal movement, and veracious veins. At 24 weeks I was diagnosed with high blood pressure. I was on a weekly appointment starting at 28 weeks to check the BPP or biophysical profile. It checks the baby’s heart rate, blood flow, breathing exercises, and amount of fluid in the placenta by sonogram. We were both being watched very closely. At 34 weeks I was out of work on limited activities or bed rest. It was not strict bed rest, it was just slow down and stop work. My work is very active and requires lots of walking and stress. This caused my blood pressure to rise. I started having BH at 35 ½ weeks.

Originally Tori was due February 8th, she was in the breech position, and I had 2 c-sections before, so we knew she would arrive by c-section.
February 1st was unlike any other day; I mean this is the day we would hold our little princess in our arms. The night before (January 31st) I took benadryl, it helped me to sleep until, 3 am, I tossed and turned for the next hour. At 4am I got up, took a shower, and got dressed. James ran around the house doing last minute things to make it perfect for the arrival of our little princess.
We arrived at the hospital at 5:15am. I was a cold brisk morning. They were calling for ice and sleet all morning (ice and sleet are rare where I live), but thankfully it never happened. I had to go through the ER doors since the main hospital doors were locked. They sent me up to the 2nd floor, I got into the room and I got dressed in that beautiful gown and they started the IV. I needed 3 bags of fluid before surgery and they said I was still dehydrated. Well what do you expect when they tell a pregnant woman not to eat or drink after midnight? At the same time they started monitoring the baby.
The anesthesiologist Gregg was wonderful! He came in at 6:45am to start the epidural. I was shivering because I was so nervous. He explained everything in detail. Well when he finished they propped me in my left side, I started to get really dizzy and nauseated. My blood pressure was dropping. They turned me to my right side and I felt great.
They let me see my family at 7am. Then it seemed like everything happened so fast. At 7:35 am the rolled me back to the OR. The operating room was so cold, sterile, and bright, totally uninviting and scary. They moved me to the operating table and I started feeling really dizzy and nauseated again. The anesthesiologist propped me on my right side. I still felt sick, he propped me even more, I was directly on my right side at this point. The doctor came in and asked, “I am I going to have to hang from the ceiling to perform this surgery?” After a few minutes they were able to turn me just a little without my blood pressure going crazy. They put the drape up and then hubby got to join me. He was a ‘sight-for-sore-eyes!!! I cannot begin to tell you how comforting it was for me to have him there.. It was really an odd feeling during the c-section. I could smell the burning when they cut me. YUCK! They finished cutting my stomach and started on my uterus and I could feel pain. The anesthesiologist told me to breath, so my husband could stay in the OR because I didn’t want to be put all the way under. I focused on my breathing and dealt with the pain. Not to mention all the pressure and tugging. When they took her out I felt a pop and such a relief of pressure. Almost an empty feeling when she was removed. I heard the nurse say 7:59 am, I knew that meant she was here.
My husband went over and watched her get cleaned up as they keep working on me. I could hear her little cries, but couldn’t see her; the pediatrician was in the way. But the look on my husband face was priceless. This was the first time he was in the OR for a delivery! Watching him, made me cry. It is a wonderful feeling to see the man you love so dearly, so happy!!! Okay back to the baby her APG score was an 8 and 9. Once she was clean my husband brought her over to me so I could see her. They held her close to my shoulder for a few minutes then he left with the baby to the nursery. I felt so alone in the OR. Shortly I went to the labor and delivery room for about an hour. The nurse went to get the baby and let me nurse her. She had some fluid in her lungs. They were watching her so the nurse didn’t think she would nurse. She latched right on and nursed 35 minutes!!!! Proved that nurse wrong!
I was in the hospital Thursday for the c-section, Friday, and discharge Saturday (2 nights).
I had a wonderful experience and I am so excited that my husband was there the entire time! The fact that he got to see his daughters birth was fabulous.

Victoria Elizabeth "Tori"
February 1st, 2007
7:59 am
6lbs 13oz
19 inches

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0