Log In Sign Up

Stone Allen

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To C/S Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2007, 05:14 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 22,412
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
He was supposed to be born 12/25/06. Dr said he was getting bigger and after checking me and nothing i was dialted at 1, she said my cervix may not comply with a natural birth. Sure enough 1/1/07 comes around and Im still at 1 and the baby looks to be measuring 9 lbs. She scheduled a Csection for 1/5/07.

We got up at 4am Friday morning and headed over to the hospital. I hadn't gotten any sleep the night before and neither did Jeff(my dh). We were up all tossing and turning, way to excited.

When we got there, we made our way to the 3rd floor, and into Labor & Delivery. We were taken into a room where I had to put a gown on and get into the bed. After that, a nurse shaved me from my belly button to the top of my pelvic bone, as she chatted away like I wasnt going to be cut open in a few hours. I felt fine really, not nervous, but I think it had alot to do with being so tired. After that they hooked me up to an IV, which at the time didnt bother me, but later grew to be my worst enemy. Then before the surgery they inserted a catheter, which also wasnt as bad as everyone said it would be. I actually enjoyed watching myself pee when I didnt know I was. lol. They wouldn't allow me to drink anything, not even eat ice chips. Keep in mind, no food since 10pm Thursday night. The Dr came in and checked me just to see... and I was still at a 1. She said "unfavorable cervix" and some big word meaning "Big baby" were the reasons for my csection.

7:30. Surgery time came and they wheeled me away leaving Jeff to put his scrubs on and join me later. In the room they told me exactly what was going to be done and how and when. they made me sit up on the side of the bed, which was hard since I was attached to so many things. one of the Drs moved my catheter bag around so it wouldnt come out and said "Don't forget your purse." They all joked, felt like I was on an episode of Greys anatomy. Anyway, then the pain guy rubs stuff on my back and everyone talks about my tattoo... and he injects something into my back to num it for the spinal needle. I felt the numbing stuff, it kinda burned, but I never felt the spinal go in. As soon as they pulled the needle out, they had me roll over onto the operating table and as soon as I got situated, my entire lower body went numb. They then proceeded to poke me with stuff and ask me if I felt it. NO I feel nothing.. just retarded, naked laying on a table. So then they put this sitcky thing over my body with only my lower abdomen showing, rub some stuff on it, which I still have on my stomach today... (1/25/07) and thats when they put the curtain up so I couldnt see anything.

The pain guy told me they had already began cutting. I didn't know. Jeff came walking in and stood beside me as I made funny faces and he asked if I was in pain. No I wasnt in pain, I just felt weird. There is no feeling in the world as odd to me, as feeling my son being pulled out of my stomach. Then all of a sudden we heard him cry and Jeff was called over. They started cleaning him up, I asked It's a boy right? YES!

Jeff is grinning from ear to ear. 9 lbs, 3 oz 20 inches long. Dr says its a good thing we decided on a section! I got to see him for a minute before Jeff took him away to the waiting room for everyone to see. I lay there half in and out while they sewed me up, picked me up and put me on the other bed and wheeled me to recovery. He was born at 7:59am. It took exactly 29 mins to prep me and deliver the baby.

Once there, I got to see everyone that hadn't left for a lunch break, thinking Stone wouldn't be born so soon. I amused myself with peeing in "my purse" and asking to see the baby again. Eventually they brought me Stone and we bonded and nursed. It was sooo much easier than I thought and soooo different. I had many visitors the first day, I felt like I did anyway. I was on a morphin drip which didn't do crap or so I thought until the second day when they took me off of it. lol. I was stuck in the bed for 9 hrs the first day and finally that night they removed the catheter and I was able to move around. That wasn't fun either. Anytime I wanted up, I had to wake Jeff up (who slept in a little uncomfy chair, bless his heart) and he had to unplug my IV, pulled me out of the bed and keep an eye on me as I walked to the bathroom. Took about 10 mins to get in there. 10 more mins to get my stupid ugly hospital undies down and about 5 mins to actually sit on the toilet and pee. Getting up was a different story. I was in a little pain but felt pretty good.

I had contractions when I nursed, as my uterus started tightening itself. those hurt, on top of that, the Nurse came in every 30 mins and pressed on my stomach... "I'm sorry we have to do this" She'd say as I closed my eyes to keep from crying. Then after all that was done they took me off the Morphine IV and I started having severe gas pains because of the surgery and I had to take pain meds as well as gas relief pills. Finally that all passed. The third day my gauze was removed and I was allowed to shower... oh thank heavens. I couldnt see my incision unless I looked in the mirror and when I finally did, it wasn't what I expected. I'd been stapled! So I have like I think someone counted how many staples... I dont remember. Like 16 or so. It is alot. Later on that day the Dr comes in and tells me I can go home when they get the okay from Stone's Dr. I was discharged. A few hours later, Stone too was discharged and off we went to our new home as a new family.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
Reply With Quote
April 16th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Southern Tier NY
Posts: 1,006

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0