What is

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2007, 09:25 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One of the challenges you face in your marriage?

Well in a lot of ways Dan is great but there are still times when he drives me INSANE lol He may HEAR you but half the time he isnt LISTENING. For example, I will make plans and discuss them with him, then the day of the event he will say "You never told me about this." HELLLOOOO we had a whole conversation about it. It drives me crazy when he does that....

January 2nd, 2007, 05:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our biggest problem is COMMUNICATION. My husband tends to bottle things up, instead of sharing his feelings. I would rather talk things out and solve our problems. He chooses not to acknowledge the problem, therefore it doesn't exist!!! A couple of months ago, we hit a real rough patch in our marriage. I was really unhappy and finally said "either you get some counselling or I will divorce you!" The last 2.5 mths he has been seeing a therapist. I'm proud of him, but we still have alot to repair.

<span style="color:#A0522D">"No my windows aren't dirty ....that's my boxers nose artwork!"</span>
January 2nd, 2007, 05:53 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think commucation here too--we assume the other knows what we are thinking

January 3rd, 2007, 07:28 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah communication can be a big challenge. Without good communication...or worse without any communication, lots of problems can arise. Dan and I went through this last year. I was suffering from PPD for which I didnt seek help, and I really bottled a lot up. It was so hard to express to him how I was feeling, he just didnt GET it. One evening I broke down and I told him how horrible I was feeling and that I didnt mean to push him away. Since that point things definitely got better and I myself started to feel better knowing I wasnt alone.

January 3rd, 2007, 11:05 AM
~Heather~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Heather~
Communication is our biggest problem. He doesn't listen half the time or only hears what he wants to hear. Another thing that bothers me is that it seems like he never helps out around the house. Even though he does sometimes, to me its just not enough. He doesn't pick up his clothes, he never washes clothes (he washes he hunting clothes). I mean he does help me clean, but it seems like I am the one always washing the dishes, washing clothes, vaccuming, sweeping, mopping, etc.

January 3rd, 2007, 04:41 PM
writinghoosier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, most of the time, our communication is great... but the biggest problem is having time... since DH works at night and sleeps during the day... we don't have a lot of one on one time. And, so I can stay home, he tends to pick up extra shifts once or twice a week, sometimes more, depending on his full time schedule. So, normally, he only takes 2-3 days off in a 14 day cycle. And those aren't normally days that are "best" for us just being a family! But we're working on it. It will be interesting to see how things go when Landon is born, since DH will be home for 4 weeks!

January 6th, 2007, 03:17 PM
MinnesotaMommy
communication!!!!!
January 6th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Momma2My Lil Js's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momma2My Lil Js
I think our biggest challenge is that DH believes it's all my job to do everything in the house. All cleaning and cooking, while I work full-time and try to spend time with our kids. He refuses to help and doesn't see why I suggest hiring someone to help clean every few weeks. The sad part is before kids he helped!!!! He feels that mowing the grass(1x a month in the winter & 1x a week in the summer) and taking out the garbage is fair in duties. We get along great otherwise and he does help out with the kids so I can clean but why can't he clean and I play with the kids?!

January 6th, 2007, 11:23 PM
ERICKA77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right now one of our biggest challneges is seeing eye to eye on certain things. We have been disagreeing on some things lately that is causing a big strain.

January 7th, 2007, 07:44 AM
asianmama
over coming adultry
January 7th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Our biggest challenge is Miranda as strange as that sounds lol. He feels that since he works a full time paying job that she is my entire responsibility even on weekends. I take care of all the housework, cooking, etc. and he never helps me with our daughter. It's to the point where I'm literally about to snap and I've tried talking to him several different ways and he just doesn't care about me or my feelings enough to want to give me a break.
Amanda
January 8th, 2007, 12:24 AM
MourningN2Dancing's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to MourningN2Dancing Send a message via MSN to MourningN2Dancing Send a message via Yahoo to MourningN2Dancing
Quote:
Well in a lot of ways Dan is great but there are still times when he drives me INSANE lol He may HEAR you but half the time he isnt LISTENING. For example, I will make plans and discuss them with him, then the day of the event he will say "You never told me about this." HELLLOOOO we had a whole conversation about it. It drives me crazy when he does that.... [/b]
Um.. did we marry the same man? Oh wait, no, my hubbie's name is Scott. Maybe they are long lost twins.

</div>
January 9th, 2007, 12:34 PM
lizruch's Avatar Regular
My dh mutters under his breath all the time and I get so frustrated I want to punch him. Mutter mutter mutter!! Grrr!
January 11th, 2007, 04:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Olathe
oh my where to begin, i would have to say money dh is the worse with money!
January 11th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
Well in a lot of ways Dan is great but there are still times when he drives me INSANE lol He may HEAR you but half the time he isnt LISTENING. For example, I will make plans and discuss them with him, then the day of the event he will say "You never told me about this." HELLLOOOO we had a whole conversation about it. It drives me crazy when he does that.... [/b]
Um.. did we marry the same man? Oh wait, no, my hubbie's name is Scott. Maybe they are long lost twins.
[/b]

No, they are triplets, the third one is Shawn!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search