My Valentine baby has arrived!

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2007, 07:16 PM
writinghoosier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Landon Cooper was born on Feb. 14, 2007, at 3:12 pm. He weighed in at 6 pounds, 15 ounces and was 20.5 inches long. He was a couple of weeks early (original DD: Feb. 26), but was born perfectly healthy. unlike my last delivery, this one was pretty simple.

Basic story... same as my first son, Keegan... my water broke (at 12:30 am on 2/14... in the middle of a blizzard) and I didn't go into labor. But I was better prepared when they induced me... pictocin at 8am, nubane (w/ anti-nausea) at 8:10am and then the blessed doctor of the drugs showed up earlier than anyone expected, so I also had my epidural at 8:30am... I actually slept until they told me it was time for me to push, which took about five total pushed... and baby made 4. (For those of you who had a hard labor, trust me, last time it was 11 hours of back labor with no drugs... I have felt your pain and was grateful for this one!)

It sounds all great, right... did you see the part about the blizzard? Well, after Louis dropped me off at the hospital, he took Keegan to his sisters and on the way there... he got a flat. And, since his truck had been rear-ended at one time, the full size spare he has under the bed of the truck was jammed! Middle of a blizzard, 1am, and not a car in sight. Luckily, my BIL picked them up, dropped Keegan off, who was freaked, of course, and then brought DH to the hospital before going back to the truck and getting everything taken care of! So, after that, I deserved and easy labor and delivery!

Life at home has been okay, though Landon decided to stop nursing last night... I've since been able to get him back to nursing, but it took all day. I've never flashed my breast so much in all my life! Keegan is doing really well adapting to Landon being around. In fact, a common scene around here is DH sitting in our over-sized chair with Landon perched in the crook of one arm and Keegan snuggled up in the other. It's very cute, though I haven't been able to get a picture of it yet. However, last night, around midnight, I discovered a big problem with two so close in age... you know how there are dueling piano bars... we had dueling screaming fits last night. Just as I got one of them calmed down, the other one (mostly Landon) would start crying which would get Keegan all riled up again. Seriously, DH took Keegan to the living room in the back of the house to sleep all night while I dealt with a non-eating newborn in the front. I don't know if we can have a third child... last night would have ended badly if we had been outnumbered!

Anyway... here are a few pics!

Landon with Grandma S

Landon holding Keegan's finger

Three of a kind... Keegan can't keep his eyes off his brother!

My best friend with a very unhappy Landon... it was early and he was hungry!

February 17th, 2007, 08:05 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats. He's a real little cutie.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

February 18th, 2007, 09:24 PM
ProudMomof2Boys416's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ProudMomof2Boys416 Send a message via Yahoo to ProudMomof2Boys416
Congratulations!! . He's adorable
12:05pm
8lbs 11oz 21.25 inches

Caleb Michael
February 16, 2009
10:31am
9lbs 5oz 21 inches

February 19th, 2007, 10:20 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
CONGRATS! He listened to me after all

February 19th, 2007, 02:15 PM
~Heather~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Heather~
Congratulations! How do you do it with 2 little ones? Blaise just turned 1 and we have been ttc for #2 since Dec.

February 19th, 2007, 03:34 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a cutie! Congrats!

February 22nd, 2007, 07:55 PM
Snowpeas
Congratulations!!! He is such a cutie!!!!

(sorry edited for spelling)
February 23rd, 2007, 11:56 AM
JennieMarie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennieMarie
What a beautiful family... I love the pics of your two boys
Mommy: 24 Daddy: 27 Jianna Marie (10/20) @ 9:09 AM 6lbs. 6 oz. & 19 1/2 inches long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search