Your wedding party

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2007, 08:09 AM
writinghoosier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, now is confession time...

Was everyone in your wedding party someone you wanted to have stand up with you, or were there some there out of obligation??

And...

Are you still friends with everyone who was in your wedding party or has time taken it's toll?

March 23rd, 2007, 08:34 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wanted them all up there and we are all still close. Now on my DH's side--he had a groomsman that is (soon to be WAS) a BIL that we can't stand now--he's being a jerk to DH"s sister

March 23rd, 2007, 08:59 AM
** Mandy **
Great questions!

Was everyone in your wedding party someone you wanted to have stand up with you, or were there some there out of obligation? I wanted everyone but one I may not have chosen if I hadn't been in hers.

Are you still friends with everyone who was in your wedding party or has time taken it's toll?
I had six people in my party:
1. Mary - high school friend (one that I was in her wedding), we had some differences in opion for a while but resolved those but have just kind of grown apart since she moved to another state and we have completely different lifestyles.
2. Abbie - my maid of honor. a college friend. We have drifted apart some. We still keep in contact though. She lives on the other side of the country now.
3. Keri - also lives out of state. a college friend. We were really close for a while but have very different lifestyles so we are starting to grow more apart it seems. She also doesn't always treat me the best which I have been starting to stand up to so that has been an issue.
4. Makenzie - also out of state, a high school friend. We see each other whenever she comes home to visit and try to keep in touch in between. Whenever we talk or get together it is like no time has passed and we are still really close.
5. Rikki - lives in town, a college friend. She was my best friend in college. After college we drifted apart a bit but through it all have kept our friendship strong despite some ups and downs.
6. Blair - lives across the country now. college friend. I think she is an awesome person so I wish we were closer than we are. When she comes home to visit we see each other and things are great.

Sorry for such a long answer.

Oh, forgot about groomsmen... will try to make that quicker.

All of them we wanted.
1. Brian - my brother. Not all that close but still see him around. Good guy.
2. Jason - really close to our family, lived with us for a little while in 2005. DH and him own a business together now.
3. Shane - issues with drugs that we don't want around our DD so we haven't seen him in a while.
4. Dave - lives out of town and is really busy with work and family but a great guy that DH tries to keep in touch with.
5. David - DH's brother. They are very different and live in different states but talk and are getting closer recently.
6. Ryan - stabbed DH in the back with business so they don't really talk to each other anymore but they haven't offically had a falling out.

March 23rd, 2007, 05:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wanted them all there, but stopped talking to my maid of honor b/c she embarrased me with her drunken behavior at my reception. SHE MADE OUT with my husbands youngest brother in front of everyone...including my mother in law. She was trashed, she also pulled up my matron of honer dress and bit her on the butt in front of everyone at the bar. It took me a long time to get over that. I didn't speak to her for over a year. She was my b/f since 3rd grade. The matron of honor was pretty darn drunk too, but she was on good behavior at least while I was looking....We aren't as close as we used to be but that doesn't mean I care any less for the friendship. Life changes. The others were my SILS, and BILS, and DH s best friends. So I'm still happy with my selection and laughing about my friends behavior NOW.
March 25th, 2007, 09:45 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I chose my Sisters and two friends from highschool. I still talk to all of them and I am happy with the choices I made.

March 25th, 2007, 11:48 PM
ERICKA77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No we are not friends with our wedding party anymore.
At the time the two that stood up with us were good friends. Things happend over the years, and we no longer see them.

March 26th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we had one each, my husbands brother and his wife... so we of course still talk to them!

March 26th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm still good friends w/ my maid of honor and actually I'm her maiden of honor this summer for her wedding. I'm not friends with 2 of my bridesmaids anymore, and the 4th was dh's sister, so yes we still have to talk to her
It's the same in dh's party. His good friend and brother are the only 2 that he still talks too.
The only regret is I wish we wouldn't of had 4 on each side. It caused some problems.
March 27th, 2007, 09:08 PM
adjsgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
no, everyone I wanted there. We're all still friends but I'm so busy I don't really get to talk to them anymore.
March 28th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Snowpeas
yes, everyone that stood up was someone who I wanted

and

yes

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search