On the topic of names

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2007, 12:55 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How did you and DH decide on your childrens names? If you havent had any yet, how will you decide? Does DH get as much of a say as you? Who has the final word?

April 9th, 2007, 01:20 PM
julieet76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to julieet76
Well we had big isssues naming our son. I wanted to name him Noah but everyone in my family HATED it (that is what I get for leaving in Oklahoma) LOL. Sooo

I told DH to find a name he liked and we would use it sooo he finally in my 8th month came up with Brandon. My 7 yr old got to choose the middle name. He came up with Cody. After the TV show "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody"
I figure this way if I ever have a girl I can get more of a say so.

The only thing we agreed on was veto power for any name that we hated LOL

April 9th, 2007, 08:27 PM
lttle_one's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lttle_one
Our first girl is Cherie Stacy, after my mom. Everything else is negotiable. I told him he could name our first son what he wanted, since I chose the girls name. A second girl would probably be Lorelai, we both love the name. I guess we'll just throw names out there and decide on anything else.

Now, if I could just have these babies to name!
April 10th, 2007, 11:48 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We chose 2 names for each sex--we didn't find out the gender--and we both had input. We named Troy when he was born--it just felt right. Troy's names are my families names, so DH wants to use his family names for our next.

April 10th, 2007, 11:55 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dan and I both liked Elle, which my cousin actually suggested. It took some warming up to Emmett (which we picked for Elle had she been a boy) I hate DH's names and I have totally veto'd a few. As much as I would love to give him more of a say, I just love cool baby names and he sometimes isnt as adventurous. Anyways, when it comes down to it he really doesnt care as long as I am happy...HE PICKS HORRID NAMES, thats not my fault lol If we have another child and it is a boy it will have his name as a middle name, that has been decided.

April 10th, 2007, 01:11 PM
** Mandy **
We both have an equal say. We would not agree to name our child something if we both didn't love it.
Before we had Ally and we were discussing names we first agreed that we would each pass down our own middle names. Then we searched for names that we liked as first names that we thought went well with the middle names and then discussed them and came to one we liked for each sex.

April 10th, 2007, 01:24 PM
writinghoosier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH got a chance to pick the first name of the first boy. He then had three choices for the second boy's middle name. I figure since I'm the one who was going to be yelling it around the house the most, I better like how it sounds!

April 11th, 2007, 02:50 PM
mom_knows_best's Avatar Super Mommy
We decided on the names Dylan & Madison together. He always wanted to name his daughter Ashley and I donít really care for that name, but Its grown on me so we named our 2nd child Ashley. And when we had twins we each picked a name. I chose Julian and he chose Blake

</div>
April 11th, 2007, 08:45 PM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We knew we wanted Matthew as the middle name. I really REALLY liked Ryan Matthew. DH would suggest other things, but nothing sounded as good to me as that. One day, DH came home from work (about 1 month before I was due) and said he would write the three names we were considering on index cards and I would pick one and that would be his name. I wasn't so sure, but I played along. The first card I chose said Ryan. The second card I chose said Ryan, and yes, the third card said Ryan too. DH decided that since I was so in love with the name, we should use it! Yay!!!

April 11th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Erin&#39;s First's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We knew that if we had a boy he would be Jack (after my granapa) and we came up with the middle name of Stephen which is DH's middle name.
April 11th, 2007, 09:04 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have equal say in names.... but I wish I had more!!! LOL

I loved the name Brinlee and he fell in love with the name as soon as I told him I loved it.... so that was an easy choice for us. Brinlee's middle name is after my grandpa's middle name.... so DH didn't mind and we decided to spell it how we wanted. For a boy, DH said he liked Landen... and I loved it! So that is what Brinlee would have been if she were a boy. Not sure if we'll use Landen though on a future child.
April 12th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Veteran
Joshua Kenneth- I chose Joshua just because I like the name...plus the 1st, 3rd, and last letters are the same as my name. He chose Kenneth because that was his dads name (he's deceased). Kenneth is also Brandons middle name. He wanted to name Joshua Kenneth..but....I was a brat about it because I dont like the name 'Kenny' and everyone would call him that. I feel bad about it now....

Trevor Lee- Trevor...lol...actually I got that name from the first season of 'Making the band' with the O-town guys. I wanted to name Trevor Jacob, but Brandon didnt like the name so I was making a list of names and watching TV and I saw Trevor......and Brandon liked the name so...Trevor became Trevor. Lee is my dads middle name. I figured that since JOsh was named after Brandons dad it was only fair that Trevor be named after my dad.

Zachary Brandon--Zachary is a name left over from Trevors list. I really liked it, but didnt feel that it 'fit' Trevor. So when we found out Zac was a boy, we agreed to name him Zachary. Then we got stuck on a middle name for him. One of my online friends suggested naming him Zachary Brandon...I pitched the idea to Brandon and he was all for it.

Miranda Marie-When we found out I was pregnant with Miranda and decided to tell the boys, Trevor piped up immediately that the baby was a girl and her name was Miranda. I really thought the baby would be a boy, so I didnt really give it much thought. I was only 6wks pregnant and I forgot all about it until our ultrasound. We took the boys with us so they could see the baby and when she told us that the baby was a girl, Trevor said 'See. I told you. You didnt believe me but I knew it was a girl. Her name is Miranda. Really. It is.' I pretty much couldnt argue with him and we decided that since Trevor was right the first time, we might as well name the baby Miranda Marie is my middle name, my moms middle name...
April 12th, 2007, 10:47 PM
mom_knows_best's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
We knew we wanted Matthew as the middle name. I really REALLY liked Ryan Matthew. DH would suggest other things, but nothing sounded as good to me as that. One day, DH came home from work (about 1 month before I was due) and said he would write the three names we were considering on index cards and I would pick one and that would be his name. I wasn't so sure, but I played along. The first card I chose said Ryan. The second card I chose said Ryan, and yes, the third card said Ryan too. DH decided that since I was so in love with the name, we should use it! Yay!!! [/b]

One of my boys was almost named Ryan Matthew Great strong name.

</div>
April 13th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Regular
DH wanted to name our first daughter Porcha Since we were arguing about it so much his BF mother came up with Julia. And with our second one he picked out the name. He actually wanted Kyra but decided Kara was prettier.
April 15th, 2007, 01:13 PM
sonadora's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to sonadora Send a message via MSN to sonadora Send a message via Yahoo to sonadora
With our children, we've decided to choose which relative(s) the child will be named after and to pick an actual name from there.

April 16th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Innocentlildevil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Innocentlildevil
Equal say. But I got to choose the way to spell their names cause I write them more lol. He wanted to spell Lily, Lilly. and Miranda, Maranda. But I won lol. We really agreed together on both first, middle and nick names (since we call them by their nick names (Lily and Mandy) 98% of the time.

ETA: I'm so happy we have girls cause he wanted our son to be Memphis (so much so that I probably would have given in, and I'm not a fan of that as a name for my kid, since I prefer timeless (but not too plain) names.
April 16th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The 1st girl and boy will be named after my grandparents. My grampa died shortly before we married so that was settled a long time ago. Both of those names start with R so we agreed that we would name the rest of them with an R too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search