I'm not sure what to do...

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2008, 09:32 PM
~Veronika~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: Moved from San Diego, CA to Issaquah, WA and hating every moment of it!
Send a message via AIM to ~Veronika~ Send a message via MSN to ~Veronika~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Veronika~
So the forecast for this weekend says we're going to get 1-3 inches of snow tomorrow and Sunday the high is only going to be 25 degrees, with more snow expected!! The 10-day forecast shows more snow Wednesday through next Saturday, too, and it's not supposed to get much above freezing any time soon.

I'm thinking of maybe going tonight to the NICU and just camping out there for the weekend. However, I'm worried, that 1, I'll be stuck there for longer than the weekend, 2, I don't know how to leave Ian for that long.

I didn't understand that when I had another baby, that my heart would constantly be in two places at once, and I'm so torn as to which piece I should be staying with.

I can't bear the thought of not seeing either of my children for days at a time. I've only spent one night away from Ian, and that was Monday night, and I haven't even gotten to spend a single night with Lily. It's so unfair. I cannot stop crying because I'm so torn. I know that Lily is in good hands at the hospital, but I miss her so much. I just want to be able to hold her and love her. But I miss my son, too. He's been my whole life for over a year, and I've barely seen him this week. I'm worried about my husband and Ian being stranded in the snow without me.

I can't believe the weather we're expecting. I hate that we moved to WA and stranded ourselves away from friends and family.

V. =\

December 14th, 2008, 02:09 AM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
I hope that you can figure out something that works for you!

December 14th, 2008, 07:07 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Veronika,

I can't even imagine what you are going through.....
you know I sometimes feel the way you do about moving away...all of my family is in NJ....it is so hard....

I "think" if it were me....and my dh was ok with watching my son(if I had 1 !) I would probably camp out at the hospital with my new baby.....not that my heart would not be aching to be home with my other child...it is a tough decision to make....

are you far from the hospital? with bad weather, I wouldnt be driving back and forth.....you dont want to end up as a patient !!

do what your heart tells you to do.......I hope it all works out for you !!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search