Swimming?

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2007, 04:00 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you taken your baby to the a lake/Ocean/Pool? How did they handle it?

Seamus freaks out in the lake though its warm right now so I know why...

July 6th, 2007, 09:58 AM
follesurtoi's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to follesurtoi
well even though my daughter is not a baby anymore, when she was I would take her all the time. What I did is hold her over my shoulder and wrap my arms around her tightly; this made her feel secure. I also took her often, so that when she was older she would be used to and feel comfortable enough to be in a baby floatie, or splash around. I did the same with my son, and it worked for him too. Water is a big thing to a baby, so maybe cuddling your baby like that might help. Good luck!

Faint + 5/14/2008, BFP 5/13/2008, darker line on 5/17/2008, stalk my chart!http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/19c6f2

July 6th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Blake LOVES the pool! As long as it is warm enough, he has a blast!
July 6th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Regular
Miah and Alyssa love the pool and the beach. Ella went to the beach with us, but she slept the entire time.

July 8th, 2007, 06:14 AM
iamshannonbeatty's Avatar Veteran
We took Tyler to the lake on the long weekend and the water was pretty cold but he was like a little baby sea turtle when they are born and he went straight for the water as soon as we put him on the sand. He loved it, he crawled around for a couple of hours and splashed. Needless to say he was exhasuted when we got home.
July 8th, 2007, 06:14 AM
iamshannonbeatty's Avatar Veteran
We took Tyler to the lake on the long weekend and the water was pretty cold but he was like a little baby sea turtle when they are born and he went straight for the water as soon as we put him on the sand. He loved it, he crawled around for a couple of hours and splashed. Needless to say he was exhasuted when we got home.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search