crib advice

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2007, 06:09 PM
Veteran
I have three kids (two of which are very close in age). The middle child is still in his crib. I'd like to keep him in it for another year if possible. Otherwise, he'd have the room torn apart in minutes. The youngest is 6 months old. She's been sleeping in one of those small portable cribs beside our bed. She's getting longer, though, and a portable crib isn't very big. We want to move her to a big crib in her own room soon. I've been looking at cribs. The one we have now was used by my oldest son who is now 7. My second son is in the crib now. It is a Jenny Lind made by Evenflo. And we've been pleased with it overall. I've seen several cribs that look like it but are not. Ours has a drop side where you raise up on the rail while pushing a metal bar under the edge of the crib. All of the Jenny Lind ones I've seen recently require two hands to lower the side rail. You have to pull on these little plastic knobs....one on each end of the crib.

I've also been reading tons of reviews and it seems like cribs aren't made very well anymore. Things breaking off, paint chipped upon opening box, falling apart, etc. I really can't afford a very expensive crib. But, I want a safe one. The one we currently have seems sturdy and safe and it was one of the cheaper models several years ago.

Any advice on a brand/model of crib that is sturdy and safe but on the cheaper side?
August 21st, 2007, 06:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
First off, How old is your middle child?

August 21st, 2007, 09:03 PM
Veteran
My middle child is 22 months. My oldest stayed in his crib until he was 3. So, my hope is to keep my second child in the crib until 3. We tried him in a toddler bed at my mom's house. As soon as we walk out the door, he's up and into everything. So, that would present a danger to him (as well as the room). And he probably would never go to sleep. He'd be too busy playing and tearing the room apart. So far, he has not even attempted to climb out of the crib or anything. When we put him in it, he usually just lays right on down....whereas in the toddler bed, he wouldn't stay in it.

I'm looking at buying one of the cribs that sell for $100-$150, but I didn't know if they were made halfway decent. Our first crib was around that price range and it's been good. But, it seems like they're not made that well anymore. The one we have is Jenny Lind by Evenflo. I can't even find that one anymore. Maybe Evenflo doesn't produce them anymore.
August 21st, 2007, 09:56 PM
2bluesandapink's Avatar Addicted to Gymbo!
Send a message via AIM to 2bluesandapink
Well I don't have any suggestions as far as cribs go but I just wanted to say that I have a 25 month old a 6 week old and I plan on keeping the 25 month old in the crib for as long as possible and I will be getting another crib for my newborn as well! I'm hoping to get a hand me down from my aunt though.

Well I don't have any suggestions as far as cribs go but I just wanted to say that I have a 25 month old a 6 week old and I plan on keeping the 25 month old in the crib for as long as possible and I will be getting another crib for my newborn as well! I'm hoping to get a hand me down from my aunt though.

ETA the crib from my aunt is only 5 years old.

Want to earn some extra funds for yourself? Try joining Swagbucks. I was totally skeptical about "free money" but I finally joined and I'm glad I did!! PM me for me info or click here to join! No strings attached!
August 22nd, 2007, 07:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Here is a site on Top Cribs : Top Crib Models

Hope that helps you some

And to the board by the way

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search