I'm new to JM, TTC, and this Thread!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2008, 09:02 AM
MrsMamaS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! My name's Jamie. I'm 25, married and trying to conceive #1 (see my post in the newbies thread).

I am so new to this that I don't understand half of the abbreviations that I've seen in other posts! DPO? BFP? I have no idea!

I'm on day 21 of my 2nd cycle of TTC. According to my ivillage.com fertility planner, yesterday was my last possible fertile day. I will wait until I'm on day 35 of my cycle to test if AF does not arrive. I typically go 30 days per cycle, but I'll throw those extra days in there for good measure...and to avoid a false negative.

Right now, I only track ovulation using the date of my period. If no baby this month, I think I will invest in a basal thermometer and start taking my temperature.

On the subject of cervical mucus...this is embarassing, but I'm not sure exactly how you check. The same thing goes for checking position of my cervix. (So embarassed - I should know my own body!) If someone could clue me in on this, I could start entering those changes in my fertility planner too.

Well, that's really it. Good luck to everyone!

May 15th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
Hi Jamie! Welcome to JM! You might get more responses in the main TTC #1 section. Under the TTC Journals and other subforums there are some posts that are "stickied" at the top of the page with lots of info on Abbreviations and stuff!

BFP=Big fat positive!
DPO=Days post ovulation

As far as checking CM the easiest way is to look at the TP when you wipe. If it there is slippery, wet CM on the TP you are fertile. Sometimes you may get sticky or creamy but the slippery CM is what you want during your fertile period. Good luck and jump right in to posting and ask any questions you want!!
May 15th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Hi Jamie! Welcome to JM! You might get more responses in the main TTC #1 section. Under the TTC Journals and other subforums there are some posts that are "stickied" at the top of the page with lots of info on Abbreviations and stuff!

BFP=Big fat positive!
DPO=Days post ovulation

As far as checking CM the easiest way is to look at the TP when you wipe. If it there is slippery, wet CM on the TP you are fertile. Sometimes you may get sticky or creamy but the slippery CM is what you want during your fertile period. Good luck and jump right in to posting and ask any questions you want!![/b]
Thanks April! That clears some things up for me!

May 15th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Some fun info about Eric and I...

We want me to be a SAHM. No matter what - we're going to give it a go at first. It's very important to DH and I that we raise our own kids and they don't end up in daycare. If we can't make it financially, I'll try working just part time. If we still can't make ends meet, I'll go back to work. We're actually going to put all of my paycheck into a different account starting in July. It will be a trial run to see if we can live on just DH's paycheck. DH is also looking for a higher paying job and has an interview coming up very, very soon (hopefully tomorrow).

We don't want to know the sex of our baby when we become pregnant. We're old fashioned and love the idea of unisex nurseries and a big surprise on delivery day.

We want a big family. I could see us having three or four kids.

I'd be ecstatic for a healthy baby of either sex, but I'd secretly love a house full of boys. DH is the last of his branch of the family name, so I'd love a house full of boys to carry the name on.

My father was an identical twin - does that increase the likelihood that I'll have twins?

My MIL will have a heart attack from happiness someday when she finds out she's finally going to be a Grandma. My SIL most likely cannot have kids, and MIL's been referring to herself as Me-maw to our cat and dog for some time now. I need to plan a huge surprise for her when I do become pregnant.

I know nothing about babies. I have never changed a diaper! Not even one! I have two nephews, one is 15 months and the other 4 years, but have never changed either one!

May 16th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Last night I was looking at my calendar, and I think we might have timed things right this month...I hope...fingers crossed! Anyway, my cycles are averaging 31 days. My last period was April 25th, which would make the first day of my next period due May 26th. If I count backwards 14 days, my O day theoretically should have been May 12th. We did not BD on May 12th, but did on both May 10th and May 11th...so like I said, fingers crossed, our timing was right this month.

One thing I did notice was that after BDing on May 10th, I had an odd sensation I never felt before. It was kind of indescribable...like little teeny tiny nerve endings firing. I never have issues getting the BIG O, so it wasn't that...it was just a very odd, new feeling. But hey, maybe I'm crazy and it was psychological. So I'm not counting my chickens yet!

Another thing I've noticed is that my usual morning diet Mt. Dew is not sitting quite so well anymore. Actually, not just my morning diet Mt. Dew, if I remember right, the afternoon one did the same earlier this week. (I only have two cans of diet soda per day anyway - I have a heart condition and am not allowed any more caffeine than that). The fact that the soda is making me a little queasy could be great news because I've dranks tons of it for years...and it never, ever made me queasy before. Also, last night at 7:00 PM, I was ready for bed....seriously, tired and ready to sleep before it was even dark out! Again, these things could be in my head...but maybe not.

I'm super excited for DH. He has a job interview next week. We make good money now, but the prospect of going without my income has made us think we might want to try to beef up DH's salary now while we can. Hopefully, he'll be offered the job and it will pay more than he makes now. The most fantastic thing of all is the fact that if he's offered the job, it's in a town where real estate is super cheap. We're talking $100,000 to $125,000 for a very nice 3-4 bedroom home. Wish us luck!

I guess now all I can do it wait to test. I want to wait until AF is one week past due, so that makes testing day June 1. Wishing and hoping for a BFP!!

May 16th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Not trying to be a posting nut, but here's another possible symptom:

I have been unable to quit thinking about how badly I want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Not something I've had in a L-O-N-G time....but will not leave my mind...and my belly keeps rumbling. At least lunch is in 16 minutes!

May 16th, 2008, 12:07 PM
One last quickie post before I'm out for the weekend. (No Internet at home - so no more posting until Monday)

I am SO FREAKING TIRED! I have been yawning and my eyelids have been super heavy since lunch. It is a rainy day and it got kind of warm in my office today, but I'm fully drowsy and almost out of it I'm so tired.

Let's hope these are positive signs that there's a bun in the oven!

May 19th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Weekend update!

Currently 8 DPO, CD 25

I managed to get through the rest of the day Friday without falling asleep - thank goodness! I got some more good news from DH when I got home on Friday - he's been called for a second job interview for a different company. He's going to set it up for tomorrow too, so my fingers are crossed that he'll get offered a new job for better pay.

Saturday we started working on our future nursery. We have a double-wide trailer, so anyone who's lived in one know that when it comes to painting or wallpapering: trailers are not friendly. So far we've torn down the tack strips, took off all the trims, and started spackling the cracks. Next weekend I hope we'll finish the spackling and maybe get the walls primed if we have time.

Saturday I did notice some stretchy CM, so maybe that's a good sign. I was on day 23, so I couldn't imagine it was from ovulation. I thought I read a post from someone else that the stretchy CM stays around if you do get pregnant. I have no idea!

I have also noticed that I haven't felt any PMS symptoms this month. I usually have breast tenderness, backaches, and moodiness about 10 days before AF arrives. I haven't really experienced any of that yet.

The only other thing that caught my attention was the fact that I got up THREE times last night to pee. I'm usually good for once a night - but three times!? That's a lot!

Well, better get some work done!

May 19th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Update - last night's peeing fiesta continues. I've gone three more times since I woke up. And I'm not drinking any more than usual. I've had a 12 oz Sprite and 3/4 of a 16 oz bottle of water so far today. That's it!

May 19th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I did some posting in other forums today. I wish you didn't need so darn many posts to gain access to some of the threads.

Anyway, in the "Am I pregnant?" forum, someone suggested I should go ahead and test when AF is due (the 26th). I don't know how I feel about testing so soon. I am actually doing a good job of not freaking out in anticipation to this point. I thought I could wait to avoid the chance of a false negative from testing too soon. Since this is only cycle 2, I think I'm much calmer then those who have been trying for a longer time...which is understandable.

Anyone reading this, what do you think? What's your vote? Test the day AF is due, May 26th? Or wait until AF is one week late, Jun 1st?

Also: sidenote, feeling just a little crampy today - just barely crampy - and right in the center - not off to the sides in ovary territory

May 19th, 2008, 02:43 PM
I know - I'm a posting nut!

Anyway, I just wanted to post because I just bought the CUTEST little ceramic plaque for my MIL for when I become pregnant and we get to surprise her to let her know she's FINALLY going to be a Grandma.

It's a little white frame looking plaque that says "__ More Weeks Until My Grandbaby Arrives." It has a dry erase marker and you get to write in the number of weeks - too cute!

I thought it was adorable.

I know I'm jumping the gun a little here...but I wanted to have it tucked away so as soon as we find out, we can give it to her.

May 20th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Good morning! Happy Tuesday. It's raining in PA - AGAIN!

Today is 9 DPO, CD #26

Today is DH's interviews, so I've really got my fingers crossed TIGHT that one job or the other works out for him. He's also going to a dinner tonight with his Dad to meet some of his Dad's old co-workers. Just a little networking thing to see if maybe they could get him a job there. If he could get in where his Dad used to work, we're talking like a $5 an hour pay increase.

DH is also going to stop on his way home to pick me up a basal thermometer. I think you're supposed to start charting temps with the first day of your period, but I'll start tomorrow and start entering them into my ivillage planner. Hopefully, I won't even need the thing for very long, and we'll get a BFP in the next two weeks.

I also finally thought of a great way to surprise my MIL when we find out I'm pregnant. MIL and FIL own their own restaurant and don't come in until 10 - 10:30ish in the morning. I could stop in before work and have the head waitress unlock the office door. Then I could hang a banner, put some balloons in there, and leave the gift I just ordered her last night on her desk. Then we'd relock the door so she'd have no idea until she lets herself in. Sounds like a keeper!

My peeing fiesta did not continue last night. So maybe Sunday night was a freak occurence. I did notice I was a little overly emotional last night, but that could be PMS related. Dinner did not turn out quite as I had planned, and I almost wanted to cry. Oh well, it will all work itself out in less than a week. Either AF or a BFP!

May 20th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Geez am I ever tired today. It might be my BFP in the works, or it could be PMS. Or it's the fact that it's rainy outside and super warm in our office. Who knows? I'm also feeling a little emotional today. Like the smallest thing is going to push me over the edge and I'm gonna cry my eyes out....although this could be PMS too.

Anyway, I met DH for lunch. (Although he complained most of the time that I was too mopey - and tried to cheer me up - which mostly just annoyed me - sounds like PMS!) Interview #1 did not go so well. He was supposed to interview and go on a plant tour. Well, they gave him the plant tour, but no interview. That's never a good sign.

Oh well, interview #2 is the job he really wants.

So, my fingers are still crossed for him (us).

Oh yeah - I also forgot to mention that DH finally went to the doctor yesterday, and they have cleared him 100%. He's healthy and the doctor feels we should have no issues conceiving. Good news! Not that I expected anything different. I myself had gone to my gyno, my family doctor, and my cardiologist in March and was cleared by all three.

Back to work....

May 21st, 2008, 07:19 AM
Happy Hump Day!

Today is 10 DPO, CD #27

Just an update on how things are progressing.

DH's 2nd interview with the stone company was also a bust. He loved the job and the facilities, but they were paying $4.50 an hour less that what he makes now - so that job is totally out of question. He's bummed because he really liked it, but he know we can't afford to live with that huge of a pay cut.

His networking last night went well. He had some time with one of the company's investors who told him if he sent a resume they could probably find a spot for him. So we'll get that resume in the mail right away and see if we hear anything.

I got kind of sick - if you could call it that - in the shower last night. I took a nice, long, hot bath, in which I washed my hair. I like to rinse the conditioner out in the shower since I have really long hair, but when I hopped in the shower, I kept getting super, super dizzy and would have to sit down before I passed out. I didn't have the shower on hot if that's what you're thinking. It was maybe lukewarm to cool. I managed to rinse my hair sitting on the floor of the shower and then had to immediately go to our bed to lie down for the dizziness to pass. I am not sure what happened. I don't think it was a pregnancy symptom since I hadn't taken my heart med yet (my heart had also been POUNDING in the tub).

I also keep having weird dreams. Two nights ago, it was about Eric and I buying this creepy old house - think Amityville Horror - and we found this strange room with old stuff in it - including a creepy old crib. Then last night, my and my baby (I'm not even pregnant) were being held for ransom. Who knows whats up there?!?

May 21st, 2008, 11:55 AM
So I got some good news when I went home for lunch. The stone company where DH interviewed yesterday called and said that they were really impressed with him and did not want to let him get away. Their HR lady wanted him to call back and let them know "what it would take" to get him to come there. I called and gave Eric the message and he was super excited to give them a call.

I did just talk to him a few minutes ago and he said he talked to the woman who left the message. He said she didn't seem thrilled when he told her how much he's already making but that she'd talk it over with the plant manager and she and Eric would talk tomorrow. She also told him to talk to me to see if he could take any less (which, he cant!).

I guess we'll see tomorrow...talk about a roller coaster ride....

June 4th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Okay, haven't posted in here in weeks...sorry. Have been post crazy in the "Am I Pregnant," "TTC #1," and "Married Life" boards.

Anyway, I'm currently 3 DPO and thought I better start recording any possible symptoms before I forget about them.

I know these may sound like IPS, but hey, I thought I'd record how I was feeling anyway. This is actually kinda fun...tracking my potential symptoms....

1DPO - 97.9 bbt
- Mildly tender bbs
- frequent urination, BUT I've been drinking lots of fluids; however, my urine still seems darker than usual

2DPO - 98.0 bbt
- Mildly tender bbs
- frequent urination, still drinking lots of fluids; however, my urine still seems darker than usual
- possible increased appetite (will need to see if it continues)
- slightly nauseated after dinner
- ready for bed at 7:30 - 8:00 PM

3DPO - 98.2 bbt
- Bbs did not seem tender until the evening, but were still only mildly sore - definitely seem full and swollen
- mild waistline bloating
- possible increasing appetite (had a big can of chicken noodle soup for lunch and was still ravenous. I DID skip breakfast, however, I frequently skip both breakfast AND lunch and am not nearly as hungry as I am today - stopped at the $ store on my way back to work from lunch and got snacks because I know I won't make it until 5 PM)
- Intermittent odd cramps with one bout of extremely intense cramps lasting one to two minutes
- creamy CM
- urine is still looking more yellow than usual

note: my frequent urination seems to be slowing today, so I think I'm adjusting to my recent increase in fluids intake due to the warmer weather - this could also explain the darker urine, it's hotter out; therefore, I am a little more prone to dehydration

4 DPO - 98.2 bbt
- nauseated - got up a full 45 minutes early because my tummy was so unsettled - I feel ravenously hungry and as if I'm going to vomit at the same time - though as this progresses, I think it's just intestinal
- gassy - from both ends unfortunately (which I think is causing some of the tummy upset)
- bbs very full and swollen - we're rapidly reaching busting out of the bra swollen - mildly tender during the day - moderately tender in the evening - veins seem darker
- mild waistline bloating
- creamy CM
- urine is still looking really yellow although I'm drinking lots of fluids - but still attributing this to the warmer weather/dehydration
- increased appetite - I was STARVING when I woke up this morning and then my stomach was growling and I was starving again before lunch (I did eat in the morning - had a whole wheat bun toasted with PB and a big glass of OJ for breakfast)
- pulling sensation in my lower abdomen when I stood up (only happened once)
- intermittent odd cramps and twinges - probably nothing!
- emotional/irritable - this morning a driver was arguing with me over something he says I told him incorrectly yesterday - I wanted to cry - this afternoon I'm quite ######y and irritable

5 DPO - 97.7 bbt
Feeling pretty darn good today!

- bbs mildly tender in AM - still very swollen (in bra bursting territory) - very tender in the PM
- waistline bloating subsiding
- constipated
- urine is still staying dark yellow even with lots of fluids
- irritable - DH accused me of "ball busting" him all night - about everything
- sticky CM

June 7th, 2008, 05:54 AM
6 DPO - 98.0 bbt

- bbs moderately tender - still swollen
- irritable/moody - DH ate the last fudge round and I got very mad and wanted to cry at the same time - still very argumentative and sensitive
- creamy CM
- increased sex drive/sensitivity

7 DPO - 97.7 bbt

- bbs moderately tender - swollen
- increased sex drive
- very emotional (three different crying spells)

June 8th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Super Mommy
Hey Jamie!

Just wanted to say that your chart does remind me alot of mine! I really hope that this is it for you! Please keep me posted. Sending tonsa baby dust yor way!

*hugs*

Fatima

June 9th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Thanks Fatima! Hoping this is my month too!!!

8 DPO - 97.5 bbt

- very tender, very swollen bbs
- some mild to moderate cramping in the AM - just a cramp or two - some more dull cramping in the afternoon
- frequent urination - I've had 16 oz of fluid this morning and peed 4 times already! (Sorry if TMI!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search