Karin's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree256Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2011, 07:36 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow!! Sounds like an action packed weekend!!

Sorry about the sewage issue though... NOT fun, I'm sure. We used to rent my GF's mom's house and a few months after we moved out she had sewage back up in the basement! I was soooo glad it happened AFTER we were gone!

That's awesome that you're so close to the Safari Park w/ season passes! I'll bet that's a nice way to spend a summer day.

June 8th, 2011, 10:57 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, today is my follow up doc appointment following my D&C. I've pretty much stopped bleeding...but still have super annoying spotting Otherwise, I think I'm pretty much back to normal. I guess the good news is that I've also dropped 5 of the 10 lbs I put on - and that's without my workouts and training sessions (will find out today if I can start that up again - doc said nothing at all while still bleeding!)

But, I have been basically living at the Safari Park every day, which means I'm getting in a solid 4 hours (at least) of walking every single day, so that's helping!

And with that, off I go to the Park to see my animal friends!

Happy Wednesday everyone!
k

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | Pregnancy Journals: Nugget (or here) and Baxter (or here)
June 8th, 2011, 02:30 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to see things are getting back to normal. My fingers are crossed for you!
June 8th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daneeleigh View Post
Glad to see things are getting back to normal. My fingers are crossed for you!
Thanks!!

Just back from the doctor. She did a quick exam and found everything to be totally normal! She said I can resume all activities, which is nice, since I've really missed working out with my trainer. It'll be nice to drop these last 5 lbs

She said to expect AF in 4-6 weeks. I thought the 2WW was bad...but this is gonna suck! Still debating if I'm going to start temping/charting again now, or wait until AF starts. We will see! But, it's nice to put this little snag behind us, and start all those positive vibes for next cycle!

June 22nd, 2011, 12:45 PM
I love summer!

Still waiting for AF, and going by the doctor's estimation, it should arrive anytime between today and July 5. Grr! Things are back to normal "down there", and DH and I have done a little "dancing" over the past couple weeks.

Other than that, still looking for consulting work in the mornings, and still spending my afternoons at the Safari Park. The trainers all know me by name, and every now and again, I'll get a special treat!

Last week, my new trainer friend Mike (a very seasoned trainer), brought a cheetah within 3 feet of me! Every day they have "Cheetah Tales", where they bring out a cheetah on a leash with its dog companion (i.e. BFF). They walk the cheetah around the grass, and they get close, but by close, I mean normally about 10 feet or so. When Mike handles the cheetah, he finds me in the crowd, and brings it to me! SO PRETTY! Earlier this week, I also got to hold a hedgehog, and yesterday, I got to hold a Tenrec! (Google "tenrec" if you don't know what it is, and you'll see why I was all smiles yesterday!)

Headed over there shortly, and cant wait to check on the American Coot eggs in a nest I found! One egg hatched sometime between when I was there on Monday, and yesterday, so I'm sure the other 2 aren't far behind! American Coot's are stoopid birds if you ask me, they are super nasty to the other duckies, but they have the most adorable ducklings!!!

Just wanted to give an update to let y'all know that I have no update

Yay for summer!! Supposed to be well into the 90s today!

June 24th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I STINK.

Yep, I stink, bad. I took 2 showers yesterday, and still smelled all a-funk right after each.

Why I am telling y'all about my awesome (as DH calls it, "gorilla-like") BO?

Because the only other time I have experienced this was when I got my BFP in April.

Because I have no idea where I am in my cycle since due to the D&C, I have no clue what to think. It could just be my hormones regulating or something. From the doc's estimate, AF could arrive anytime from a couple days ago to July 5. So, in theory, i may not have even O'ed yet.

WTH??

And with that...I'm gonna go shower. My first of several for the day. Peew!

June 28th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Well, any potential excitement from the last post is gone...AF arrived that night, but that's ok, I wasn't expecting anything anyway! I'm just happy that AF arrived, and my body can get back to normal!

Nothing really new to report...o/t, though, the job situation is picking up. I had 2 phone interviews last week, in person interview next week, and another great opportunity just popped up. SO...hopefully I'll be getting back to work soon! I will miss the Safari Park when that happens...guess I'll have to go back to just Sunday visits!

That's all for today...off to the Park!!

Happy Tuesday!

July 2nd, 2011, 11:06 AM
Good luck with your job interviews! P.S. I'm trying to convince D to go camping at the Wild Animal park. I think it would be so awesome! He literally lives five minutes away.
July 5th, 2011, 07:16 PM
CD 11 of cycle 31...nothing terribly interesting to report. I did notice today that I am a little slipperier "down there"...which is sort of new for me. Must mean this is a good week for the BD!

We had a busy holiday weekend...BBQ on Sat, visited the USS Midway (decommissioned aircraft carrier) on Sun, and Safari Park on Mon. We were planning on fireworks, but it was so hot, and we were so tired, we opted to just head home and watch them from our driveway

Had a job interview today - talked with 6 people. Went ok...not thrilled about the opportunity, especially since it is a job I was basically doing about 7-8 years ago. Oh well, it's a job, so we'll see. Have 2 more interviews this week on Thu and Fri (different company), plus one potential consulting gig that might pan out this week.

Other than that, nothing new, nothing exciting! I'm sweating like crazy these days (mid 90's all week 'round here), and now I have to think about trying to cook food for dinner. I wish I could just have a salad

July 11th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Good luck with your job interviews! P.S. I'm trying to convince D to go camping at the Wild Animal park. I think it would be so awesome! He literally lives five minutes away.
Thanks Danee! The interviews - well, some went well, some did not (I did fine, but I hated the company!) Oh well! I wonder how close D lives to me? I live 6 minutes away!!

CD 17 of cycle 31
Well, I've already posted a lot of this in various places on the main board, but figured I should update my journal as well.

As many of you read, we had a little scare with Max on Thursday night. He had a dizzy spell, and we are very sure it's IVD - just like our little Peanut had 3 years ago. We kept close watch over him that night, and the next day, he was back to normal. He's still doing great, which is awesome! With senior doggies, you just never know.

We had a busy weekend. We were originally putting all plans on hold until we knew how Maxie was, but since he was doing better all weekend, we were able to keep all our plans! Dinner party on Friday night, Safari Park (duh!) on Saturday, then a BBQ/pool party yesterday. Really nice time all weekend!

As for my cycle, well, i'm confused! I have the same gorilla-BO that I did when I got my BFP in April, but it's been around since i LAST got AF (which was the first AF after my D&C). I've been a-stankin' since then. Still today, even fresh out of my shower, I smell. WTH!?!?! Peew! I can't even stand to smell myself! To put it into perspective, when I go to the Safari Park, and I go to either the Red River Hog exhibit or the Lowland Gorilla exhibit, I honestly cannot tell if the smell is coming from the animals or from me!

The only other time I smelled like this was when I was PG. So now I'm wondering if maybe I am again? I did get AF after my D&C, and it was pretty normal, so I figured I wasn't - and considering my cycle was all a-funk, I had no idea where I was, when I O'ed, or what. But now I'm starting to wonder if maybe my "AF" wasn't really AF, and was just some residual bleeding after the procedure?

So now, since I'm not temping, I don't really know where I am in my cycle as far as O date, etc. But my cycle has always been very regular, so I figure I'm probably 3-5 DPO. I'm thinking I may test on Fri or Sat - but only if I can get to the dollar store to get some cheapies.

I don't know...i just hope that if I'm not this time around, that this smell will GO AWAY! It's so rank! Peeeew!

Happy Monday!!

July 14th, 2011, 07:52 PM
CD 20 - ??? DPO of cycle 31

I still smell.

Other than that, nothing new. Same ol' story. DH has been in Delaware all week for work, but on a plane home now. I went to the Safari Park today (well, everyday). Since I'm not temping, I have no clue where I am in my cycle, but like I said in my previous post, I will guess i O'ed between CD 12 and CD 14, which is pretty typical for me, since my cycle is so regular. However, after the D&C, not sure if that will wonk things up for me or not. We will see!

For some reason, me, the ANTI-POAS'er, has been itchin' to test this week. I almost went yesterday, almost went today, to the $ Store to get some tests, but couldn't bring myself to do it. I don't feel PG, I don't have any reason to believe I am (except this nasty zoo-smell). Just for some reason, this cycle, I feel like POAS. Maybe tomorrow I will. Who knows?

Mostly I don't test because I think, for me, seeing a BFN is worse than just waiting and getting AF. The only other times I've tested is when I first came off b/c and my cycle was crazy, so I was pretty late, but that was just my cycle adjusting. The 2nd time, I O'ed really early, so thought I was late, but I think FF just messed up my O date. The 3rd time, I was 5 days late, and got BFP. That's it. In 2 1/2 years of TTC, 3 tests.

I think maybe now that, as my doctor put it "Well, at least you know you CAN get PG.", maybe that's sparking me to test for some reason. I have no clue.

I thought about temping starting today, but what good would that do? I don't honestly even know where my BBT is

That's my story for today. Gonna go make some semblance of dinner for myself before DH gets home late tonight. (Nikki, you sure you don't want to come be my personal chef???)

Happy Thursday (almost Friday) Ladies!
k

July 15th, 2011, 05:42 AM
LOL Karin! Oooh San Diego sounds tempting!

So glad DH is back home... I know how it sucks when they go away for biz.

I'm the same as you with the testing. I'd much rather just see the witch show up than have to look at that BFN.

You and your gorilla smell are crackin' me up! LOL! Wouldn't it be an amazing surprise if it turns out to be a bean?!

July 15th, 2011, 11:34 AM
CD 21 - ???DPO of cycle 31

Well, DH got home last night safely. Not terribly late, either! Usually when he's flying from the east coast, he gets home like midnight, but he had a flight that got him in at 8:15pm - a nice treat for me!

I had made (for the 3rd night in a row) my "DH is traveling so I have to cook for myself" specialty - mexican pasta. It's rather tasty, and I just made it better.

It all started about 3 years ago, DH was gone, and I was looking for something to make for dinner. For whatever reason, the house was empty of food, and it was too late at night (and me already in my jammies) to go to the store, so I literally took everything I had in the house that might be dinner worth and set it on the counter. Here's what I had:

Pasta (I think the "OP" (original pasta!) was farfalle)
Sour Cream
Tortilla Chips
Jack Cheese
Salsa

What the heck do you make with that?

So, I improvised. Mind you, I am not the worlds greatest cook, by any stretch. I mean, I can follow a recipe, but without a recipe, i'm clueless. I cooked the pasta, drained it, then tore up the jack cheese slices and put it on top, let it melt, then stirred it around. Dumped some sour cream and salsa in there, mixed it up. Then crushed tortilla chips on top.

It. was. FAB.

It's the weirdest concoction, but it is so tasty. I have it nearly every single time that DH travels. I learned after a while, that once you put the cheese, sour cream, and salsa on the hot pasta, it cools it off quite a bit, so I pop it in the microwave for about 15 seconds, which not only heats it up, but helps the cheese melt even more!!

Last night (OMG, why am I even going into this here...this is a TTC journal!!!)...two nights ago, I made it better. Last weekend, we had 2 bbq's, for which I made some appetizers to share. I had some left over cherry tomatoes, and green onions. Also, out of jack cheese, but had some mexican shredded cheese. So I used that cheese (shreds is easier than torn slices for melting, though I missed the hotness of the jack), and diced the green onion and tomatoes. Let me tell you, that took my silly recipe up another notch!!!

ANYHOW (jeez!!), nothing new cycle-wise. Was contemplating going to the $ store to get some tests, but looks like I'm stuck at home all day. Poor Max had another IVD episode this morning. Not nearly as bad as the one from last week, but he's dizzy. Not sure how he will do throughout the day, so we will see.

Sorry for such a long, O/T post about my bad cooking, but that's the only exciting news I have for today. On another note, the weather is gorgeous - the past few days have been in the low 80s and not humid, vs the high 90s and humid we've been having. Beautiful out here!

Happy Friday everyone!!
k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
You and your gorilla smell are crackin' me up! LOL! Wouldn't it be an amazing surprise if it turns out to be a bean?!
You wouldn't be crackin' up if you stood next to me!! Just the other day at the safari park, I was standing near a group of, hmmm, maybe 15-yr olds. Actually, there was another family in between us. (We were all sort of tightly packed, waiting for Cheetah Run). I kept hearing the kids say "What is that smell??" "I don't know, but it's not me", "peew, it stinks", "smells like monkeys down here"

SEE? I DO smell like a gorilla!!!

Gross!

July 15th, 2011, 05:10 PM
OMG! That is too funny!!

July 16th, 2011, 11:59 AM
It probably is the Safari Park making you smell. I know anytime you immerse yourself in an environment you'll tend to start smelling like it. When I played waterpolo, I smelled like a pool 24/7. Maybe going there everyday leaves you with a lingering smell of the park?
July 16th, 2011, 12:04 PM
But for the smell to linger even after thorough shower...? They must be some stanky animals!

July 18th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
It probably is the Safari Park making you smell. I know anytime you immerse yourself in an environment you'll tend to start smelling like it. When I played waterpolo, I smelled like a pool 24/7. Maybe going there everyday leaves you with a lingering smell of the park?
That would make sense...however...the first time this happened, I was only going to the park 1x a week! Hmmmm....

July 18th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Whoops, forgot my update!

CD 24 of cycle 31 - ???DPO

Nothing new to report. I still smell! I put in bogus O date on my chart, but who knows if that's right. No signs of AF, but then again, I never have any signs of AF. Weekend was great. Got pizza take out on Friday night, watched Harry Potter 1. We are huge HP fans, and are gearing up to see the final installment by reading all the books again and watching all the movies again. Saturday was more HP (made it through 2 & 3), then went to the Safari Park for a bit. Got Thai take out! Yesterday, got bagels for breakfast (Sunday tradition), went grocery shopping, then to....you guessed it...the Safari Park! We saw an amazing acrobat show (special during their summertime African Extravaganza). They were awesome! Came home and grilled kobe beef bacon cheeseburgers and some amazing cotija/cilantro corn on the cob. Deelish!

This week will be all about waiting. Waiting to hear if I made it to the next round for an awesome job I interviewed for a week and a half ago (HR phone screen - did I make it past that?!) Waiting to see if AF arrives - my guess would be Thursday. So...as the end of the week draws nearer, I will be all about finding those imaginary symptoms!!!

Happy Monday everyone!

July 18th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Hey Magilla!!

Now you've got me over here over your dinner! You had me at "Kobe beef & bacon"!!

On a completely different note, as a fellow Potter Head, I salute you and your Potter Marathon! DH and I are planning to do the same thing before seeing the final movie. I don't want to re-read them before seeing it though. The books are so very different than the movies and I don't want to go in the theater expecting one thing, wind up with another and be aggravated, ya know? Once it's all over, I'm gonna go back and re-read from start to finish!! I can't wait to read those books to my kids!

about the job!!

July 18th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
Hey Magilla!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search