Why do you buy/download a kit?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Siggy Makers' Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2010, 12:31 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are there specific things you look for? Do you have a preference to what types of siggies you like....scrappy, ones with most realistic elements.....Do you buy kits because of pics you already have then you find a kit to go with it?

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (13.75), Ryllan (11.5), Finn (7.5), and Zane (4).

February 28th, 2010, 12:35 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
um...
why? - Because ones you buy tend to have more and be of a better quality than freebies, plus there just aren't a lot of good freebies in the style I like
preference - on siggies? I love ones made in the same style I make, but I don't just like those. I love any that just make me stop and go wow.
buy - I buy it because I like it whether I have a picture that matches or not doesn't usually enter into it
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
February 28th, 2010, 12:41 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaTrish View Post
um...
why? - Because ones you buy tend to have more and be of a better quality than freebies, plus there just aren't a lot of good freebies in the style I like
I buy it because I like it whether I have a picture that matches or not doesn't usually enter into it

I've bought more kits this month then I ever have(like 6 )
I prefer more scrappy stuff then realistic, I have some problems doing realistic scrap/siggy things but I'm trying to learn.

February 28th, 2010, 01:12 PM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
I do prefer the more real looking kits .. I have found plenty of freebies like this .. I havn't yet bought a kit ..

I love anything whimsical, outdoorsy type kits .... flowers and such like !!
February 28th, 2010, 02:32 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
i love realistic kits, ones i can do a scene with i have bought a few kits this month 3 i think and i love them

February 28th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*'s Avatar aka Heather!
First thing I look for is something unique. Sometimes you look at kits and they start running together. Like flowers are similar, ribbons are the same or slightly different. So I look for elements that I either don't have or aren't common. I look for more realistic stuff but I like artistic license to realistic too if that makes sense. Like realistic but with a twist.

The third is can I use it with my kids pics, is it age approriate for them now and the next couple years, siggys are really last in priority for why I want it. I buy 1-2 a week now and it is usually because I like them not to match a pic. I cut everything out anyways so it isn't hard to make it work hehe.

My Siggy Gallery ~ Request a Siggy ~ My Blog ~ My Page Gallery

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search