How do you make a siggy?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Siggy Makers' Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2010, 11:16 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know some people make a siggy and then add in the pics. Others build a siggy around the pics. How do you do it?

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (13.75), Ryllan (11.5), Finn (7.5), and Zane (4).

March 1st, 2010, 11:18 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
depends...sometimes i get an idea in my head for a siggy and just make one and putting boxes where i would like pictures to be at...other times i see some pictures and i work around the pictures

Kristy, wife to Karl 6.16.01, Mom to Raianna 12.7.00, Elyse 12.3.02 and Helena 7.20.07, step-mom to Frankie 7.3.97 and step-grandma to October 3.9.15

March 1st, 2010, 11:21 AM
Julka
I never make a template first.

I always do my cutouts first. Because to me those are very important but also very time-consuming, so I always figure out which pics are going to be cut out and do those first; I save them as .psd files in case that I mess them up, I can just have my clean cutouts again.

Only then I create a new canvas and start arranging the cutouts, resizing them small, etc. Then I figure out which kit(s) to use, and start arranging all the elements, photos, etc. Then I arrange any background stuff like masks, etc. and when the overall layout is complete, I add the text (names, quotes, dates).

I usually edit the pics either 1/2 way through or in the very end. Because I want them the right size when I edit them. And I sharpen everything - pictures, elements, masks, frames... once I shrink it all, it all gets blurrier.
March 1st, 2010, 11:26 AM
Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*'s Avatar aka Heather!
Incoming novel....

I nearly always cut out (I know big suprise right?) So I cut outfirst. Sometimes they look soooo much different cut out without the clutter my original element thoughts don't work anymore. So anywho, then I start looking for elements if the pics need any or if they stand on their own I start looking for an arrangement for them. So usually the siggy just builds from there really.

Lately I have been doing pics then text then elements. I noticed I struggle sometimes getting the wording in people want so I make sure that is on the "page" and then start throwing elements at it until something sticks and says "yay" to me. Then edit my pics. Then....I stare at it for like 15 minutes, just sit there and try to look at unbiasly (is that a word?) if I would be ok putting it in my siggy spot then I post it if not I start pulling stuff out. I can over element the crap outta something if left to my own devices so I sometimes need that extra time to come down off my element frenzy and be more critical of stuff. I think doing that has helped me improve a lot.

My Siggy Gallery ~ Request a Siggy ~ My Blog ~ My Page Gallery

Last edited by Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*; March 1st, 2010 at 11:28 AM.
March 1st, 2010, 11:47 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cutouts first always, and then I play with picture arrangements and then elements and last fonts

March 1st, 2010, 12:14 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
I also do cutouts first, then lay my photos out, then look for elements to match and fit it all together.

Heidi, mama to 5 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
March 1st, 2010, 12:19 PM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
I always do the ground first ... then arrange my pictures, edited,cutout, resized and framed then I work around the pictures to fit the elements in.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search