Field trip!

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2011, 06:23 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Joe's grade is going to Sea World for their field trip this year --- they're SPENDING THE NIGHT!!! I am not super thrilled with the idea but he is totally excited and DH thinks it will be good for him (he's never spent a night away from both of us). They get to take an evening tour and have an "animal encounter", then they're served pizza and have a sleep over! It's not till June so at least I have 9 months to stress over it LOL. It's a first come/first serve deal as they have limited space so the first 165 to send in the forms w/ the $80 fee get to go. So I sent it in... the form said they take checks, money order or cash so I sent a check (I'm not one to keep more than $10 in cash) so we'll see how THAT goes . Best part about the check thing is on the front door of the school it says, "We proudly accept your checks!" Joe pointed it out when we stopped over there last week. Ey yi yi!

Anyone else have field trip info for this year?

Has anyone had a over-night field trip before, if so, how did it go?

September 1st, 2011, 07:02 AM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That actually sounds really cool! I had wanted to do something similar with munchkin this summer at the Atlanta Aquarium but it never happened

We havent received anything about field trips yet

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
September 1st, 2011, 08:38 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They stay very close here and Troy's only in Kindergarten so simple things. What I want to know is do you think I could fit in at your son's school? Do they need a chaperone.....

September 2nd, 2011, 05:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that sounds like a really awesome trip! They won't do anything like that here. Usually they spend more time on the bus than at the actual place they're going to go see. Last year Isis's class went to the zoo, but that's the biggest trip they've done and it's a really lousy zoo. We should have information coming home soon for the first trip. I think it's usually in October? Odds are it'll be to the planetarium again for the same show they see every year.

September 12th, 2011, 09:04 AM
purplepieguy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At our elementary they have a 5th grade trip, which used to be a 3 day trip to Williamsburg, VA, but changed after my 15 yr old's trip. Now they go to Pittsburgh to the Zoo and a museum.

My 15 yr old really enjoyed going. This gave her the opportunity to go, which she may not have had otherwise.

My 13 yr old didn't go because he didn't want to go to the zoo.

My 11 yr old didn't go. She had the choice of going with her class to the zoo and museum or Niagara Falls with her Girl Scout troop because we couldn't afford both trips. She chose Niagara Falls.

My 10 yr old is in 5th grade this year and are unsure of when they will be going.

My 11 and 13 yr olds are going to Washington, DC...my 13 yr old is going with the middle school band and my 11 yr old is going with her GS troop.

And I'm not sure what, if any field trips are planned for my kindergartner.
September 12th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Veteran
aww i can't wait for Gaige's first Field Trip

September 12th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How fun for him ! No field trip plans for Brendan this year and he's a 2nd grader .

I don't know what field trip 2nd graders do . I do know his most common field trip was too Alberta Bair theater to watch a show and his last year spring field trip was to visit the gardens.

September 23rd, 2011, 06:37 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How fun!!!

In 7th grade our class went to the zoo to spend the night. It was a blast! We spent the night in a building were the dolphin tanks are, and slept in a room that had glass walls to see into the tank. It was seriously so cool! It's been many, many years and I still remember how much fun we had. They separated the boys from the girls, and the teachers slept in between. Now, being totally honest here, once the teachers were alseep there was plenty of sneaking around... but nothing BAD happened, we just sat in the restroom area (not in the stalls LOL) chatting until we got caught and told to go back to bed.

Your son's field trip sounds pretty much just like our experience.

My daughter also did the overnight trip to the zoo this summer, but it was with her Girl Scout troop and I went with her. We slept in the same place as we did when I went on my field trip, which was very cool to tell her all about.

So far this year, the only trip I know about is the pumpkin patch. They're going next month.
September 24th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
wow what grade is he in? I don't think we had overnight trips till highschool!
I would so let him go though $80 is not bad and I'm with Val, can I go?

Nichole is in K. they are going enxt month to the petting zoo about 45 miunutes from here. We have never been there as it's expensive to get in, but she is sooo excited! It's only $5

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

September 24th, 2011, 03:25 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
Wow, sounds like a great experience. I'd want to chaperone with my child though!! They don't do anything around here until High School. But great for him sounds like fun!

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
September 26th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We haven't heard what trips our school is taking yet.

That sounds super cool though! I would let my kid go. (And I kind of want to go myself. )

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search