M.E.ís home birth 2012

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To assisted birth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2018, 08:08 AM
Veteran
she was 8 days late and I had tried everything... walking, squatting, breathing, finally I was ready to be tempted by a well meaning Mennoniteís labor inducing herbs! I took the herbs as directed for one day to induce contractions at home and the next day was supposed to rest and see if it did anything. It did. All the waiting and I was in labor! It was slow but it was real and I wasnít going to let anybody say anything different... you see I doubted my ability to birth quite a bit, and though I felt I was in labor once before I panicked and had my mom come over because I was alone and my husband was hours away... she told me I wasnít in labor and it broke me. My contractions slowly waned and quit.
This time I thought I was keeping my labor. So I walked and swayed and bounced and helped as much as I could, that second night the midwife came, confirmed it was early labor, made sure I had food and was staying hydrated, said I had time and went home.
I slept upright on the sofa between contractions, and counted the minutes. The next day they started to pick up, so we called my mom... and labor stalled. She had to leave so labor would resume. This is exactly why I didnít want a hospital birth! My body just shuts down.
That evening (48hrs) the midwife wanted to see if I was even making progress after two stalls and irregular contractions, well, I was almost completely dilated she said! So we tried more upright positions for hours, and I dozed the thirty seconds between contractions. I was exhausted!
Finally around 2am she suggested I lay down to sleep, I didnít want to, but I did. Two contractions later and I had to get up it was too much, I felt to see if the baby was any closer to coming, and she was crowning!! So on my knees on the bed the. Midwife suggested I push, and a spurt of blood came out...
Dh ďis that normal?Ē
Mw ďitís okĒ
More blood
Mw ďyou need to get that baby out now, pushĒ
Two pushes later and beautiful baby was born!
Her placenta followed in pieces, she had placenta edema, and I hemorrhaged badly, was transferred to the hospital quickly and reminded why I never wanted to birth there ever. The hospital was awful but thatís another story.
M.E. Was 8 lbs 6.6 ozs and had an almost 15 inch head that didnít mold, was posterior, and was birthed after a 52 hr labor.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search