S.D.ís home birth 2018

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To assisted birth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2018, 02:02 PM
Veteran
from the beginning of the pregnancy there was pain. The cramping was undeniable, and having had a miscarriage Dec 2016, I feared the worst again. I made it to 12 weeks and thought I was safe, but the cramps were always there and were becoming more intense. I had planned a play day with a friend, as a way to keep the kids busy because I was in pain and really couldnít focus on them like I needed to, but I woke up that morning to labor. Undeniably this was the end. I called another friend down the road because DH worked over an hour away, and said I needed her then. Then I called the first friend and canceled the play day. The woman brought herbs for preventing miscarriage and we hoped they would work in time, and the pain eased some. The play day happened anyways since my friend thought I could use help with the kids (thank you!) and in a few hours my house was full and I felt silly feeling better with all these helpful people around as I sat on the couch.
Then I felt a strong cramp, and a small leak, so I went to the bathroom to see what was up and as I sat on the toilet blood and water gushed everywhere. I was in shock, just like that, itís over. I called my mom in to get me something clean and help me clean up, I didnít even cry yet. I just wanted my bed, and my husband. I felt my uterus and it was so much smaller, I felt empty but I couldnít quite accept it.
Another friend came and another with ideas and Hope thinly strung on rumors of babyís still surviving the worst, they said since I hadnít lost the baby yet he could still be alive, or maybe there wasnít one to begin with.
Well we decided to put rumors to the test and called the midwife, there was a heartbeat!! She measured and said I measured for 13 weeks, right where I should be. I told her how big my uterus was and she said that I maybe had twins and lost one. That half consoled me until I could get a 15 week ultrasound.
The ultrasound tech confirmed that there was a blood sack separate from a healthy baby boy and that a loss of a twin was likely.
Anyways, it took weeks of modified bed rest to get me back on my feet as my body continued to miscarry and grow a baby all at the same time. My hormones were not ok. Then I only had a little bit of time on my feet before I went into labor at 32 weeks, then at 34 weeks, and I continued to go in and out of labor for weeks with the baby pushing onto my nerves so I couldnít stand, my hips were separated so they aches all the time, the contractions were a chronic pain and it hurt more between contractions than it did during. Finally I hit 40 weeks and I had to have the baby out. I wanted so much to be patient but labor for this long could not be good for baby I thought, and me? My pain tolerance was going down by the day. I was exhausted, weepy, and felt useless and depressed. I had all the signs over and over again of the babyís imminent coming all for it to stop every time. I was sure I was finally broken. They would have to cut the baby out of me.
At two and a half weeks post due I got a stomach bug and wanted to stay in bed all day, but as usual the contractions kept me up. I finally ate a banana and threw it up, and suddenly my contractions were five minutes apart! They werenít strong though so I just casually told DH and he smiled and said maybe this weekend. After an hour they went to 8 minutes and were stronger, then became irregular but more intense, and I knew even with irregularities that this was probably it. Then I doubted, I was sick and weak, it would probably stop. It didnít. I managed to eat a pbj and drink some juice and I tried to keep changing positions. I went from sitting on the bed, to sitting in a chair, then kneeling, then all fours, then potty. My husband helped me walk to all the places because my legs still didnít work, I was so tired too I kept dozing off between contractions. The midwife monitored the baby and said we were both doing great, and my blood pressure was perfect. I didnít care.
I found it hard being sick, I couldnít work with my body, I really wanted an epidural, or some feel better right now pill. I kept trying to sway my hips and rock and vocalize properly but I couldnít concentrate well. DH rescued me several times just anticipating my needs and keeping me focused. When I started complaining the midwife said I was in transition and I cried. I was too tired to push I knew, but I was in a bad position on the bed again. My husband suggested we get in a position to let gravity help the baby down, so I kneeled in front of a chair And held on. A few contractions later and ďheís coming!Ē I breathed him out, he came so easily, I was able to relax and open with each contraction and once his head came he slid right out with his bag in tact, he cried right as the water broke, and I held and kissed him as soon as he could be passed to me (he came behind me) my little rainbow after the storm so they say... the worst pregnancy was finally over!
After 10 hrs of labor my 10 lb son was born with a 15Ē head that didnít contour. His twin was lost 7 months before.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search