Anybody ever make white turkey chilli I did

Forum: Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I been experimenting with different recipes for meals at home. Well I cook for a retirement community and assisted living. Some of the menu items we make are not to bad. But things I never made for home. Well they have served white turkey chilli before. I never heard of that. Well it's chunks of turkey meat in chicken or turkey stock for the liquid. Nothing red about this chilli. You put in crushed fresh garlic, cumin,chilli powder and a little oregano. Pretty much the same spices you put in regular chilli. For the veggies it's chopped celery, onion and a couple small cans of chopped green chilli's. Well the amount of green chilli's you put in should be to your taste. Then for the beans it's great northern beans. They're whitish color. Not red kidny beans. Simmer it like you would regular chillis till everything is cooked. But I suppose if you like more veggies in it. You could use green tomatoes chopped. I took a little taste. It seems ok. Just trying to keep some spice in every day meals.
January 13th, 2005, 03:54 PM
AmberC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't made it yet, but I have a recipe for it in one of my cookbooks and I was going to give it a shot one of these days. Did you try it at home? How was it if you did?

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search