Planning 1st bday party for DD

Forum: Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2008, 11:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello all i was wondering if you could throw some oideaso ut to me for my daughters first bday party.

It will be a end of the summer bbq/pool party. I would love to do the aloha theme BUT Older DD had it just a couple weeks ago for her birthday, i want something different.

Any ideas theme wise??

Gift wise???

Maybe was thinking to do a Fiesta theme since dh is from mexico and do a pinata for the other kids (instead of goody bags)

Icecream cups instead of scooping up and making messes scooping for kids & Cupcakes instead of a reg cake less hassle to keep serving to everyone
June 5th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think a fiesta theme sounds like fun!! Pinatas are always a hit with kids. And who doesn't love mexican food? It's an easy and pretty inexpensive way to feed a crowd.

You could have a taco or nacho bar for guests to assemble their own. Spanish rice, refried beans, chips and salsa..

Sounds like a party to me

June 9th, 2008, 11:53 AM
divamomma's Avatar Veteran
I think a fiesta theme sounds fun too. You could also throw Dora into that theme if your DD likes Dora.

Another treat idea would be scoop ice cream into bowls and let the kids add candies, chocolate syrup etc Or give them each a giant cookie, a blob of icing, a knife to spread it and add smarties ontop. Or...you can make ice cream sadwiches ahead of time by putting scoops of ice cream between two large cookies, wrapping them and freezing them.
June 16th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Alison88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
One thing that I did for my eldest dd's party (both one and two years) was ice cream cone cupcakes. They are super easy to make!

Just prepare any cake mix according to the directions and then pour it about 3/4 of the way up to the top of a flat bottomed ice cream cone.
Place them on a baking sheet and bake as you would a cupcake.

Then you can ice them and let the kids decorate them. Then the kids can run around eating them and not make a huge mess. Plus they are good for kids of all ages...even the big adult kids

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search