Menus?

Forum: Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2008, 05:04 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is my first time posting in this area, but I need to do something about how often we eat out. So I was thinking of doing 2 week menus. any suggestions?

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
June 11th, 2008, 12:11 PM
MommyLovesLauren's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've recently started doing this and I did a 1 month menu but I think a 2 week menu is a better idea. I'm going to try that for the month of July. Here's a link to the info I used and the site also has great printables I used like a shopping list with checks and a calendar for writing in the meals.

http://organizedhome.com/menu-planni...e-time-kitchen

June 18th, 2008, 10:51 AM
nuclearwife82's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i do a one week menu and my advice is be flexible about it sometimes we have friday's dinner on Monday for us its just a rough outline

June 18th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I make up a menu for 2 weeks and then buy all the stuff besides some things that need to be replaced here and there. I post it on the fridge for reference. I don't set days, just look at what the list says we still have and decide from there. It works pretty good!

June 18th, 2008, 02:01 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also so a 2 week menu. I hate having to run to the store so I do 2 wks instead of one. I know I'll end up at the store for fruits and vegies but for the most part it's a quick in-an-out trip.

Definately be flexable. Sure I may have burgers on Wed but I might feel like having fish. I also try to have extras around the house just in case we want something that's not on the list.

Here's an example

SUN- Roast w/ vegies
Mon- Sandwiches (use leftover meat) and potatoe salad
Tues- Baked chicken breast and broc w/ salad
Wed- Fish Tacos , chips and salsa
Thurs-BBQ ribs, vegies and salad
Fri- home made pizza
Sat- Porkchops, rice and mixed vegies

Sun- Beer can chicken, vegies, salad
Mon- Leftovers or cold sandwiches
Tues- Lasagna and salad
Wed - Chicken Parma
Thurs- Stir fry
Fri- Hamburgers and macaroni salad
Sat- Pasta

Once I make the menu I figure out how many nights we are having chick, beef, pork, fish and buy accordingly. Figure how many frozen vegies, pasta and everything else.
I tend to save quite abit more if I shop like this. Not to many extras go in my cart and I tend to waste less.

You could also do a menu like this to make it easier each week

Sun-Beef
Mon-Chicken
Tues-Pasta
Wed- fish
Thurs- Pork
Fri- Beef
Sat-chicken and then you just fill in what type of meal you want with that item.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search