Sunday GTKY

Forum: Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2008, 11:38 PM
MommyLovesLauren's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How many times a month do you grocery shop? Do you shop around for deals or use coupons?

August 17th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Angelaosaurus-rex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We go on 2 big trips a month, but we always forget or run out of something so we go on a few mini trips too. I always use coupons we are allowed to use expired ones at our store and it does not have to be for the specified item, meaning if its for Tropicana Orange juice, I can use it on any Tropicana product!!

Thanks so much to Helen for my beautiful siggy

August 18th, 2008, 04:58 AM
MommyLovesLauren's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Like 4 times a week, I really need to get more organized about it. I don't do coupons but I do go to stores I know will have the best prices on what I need.

August 18th, 2008, 08:38 AM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go grocery shopping every Saturday morning. I always make a weekly menu/shopping list and mark what items are on sale (I go through the ads), and if they're not on sale I mark which store to buy them at. After all these years I've figured out what's cheapest where. I always go to Aldi first and buy everything I possibly can there, and then I go to HyVee for the rest. I go to Wal-mart once or twice a month and that's where I buy shrimp because it's SO FRIGGIN CHEAP! ha ha ha. I don't usually use coupons unless they're in the store ad because we don't buy a paper. I'd spend more money on the paper than I'd save using the coupons (I buy almost all store-brand items).

You'll notice that I'm anal when it comes to my grocery shopping. It used to drive DH insane! Now he's just grateful that he doesn't have to do any of it and that I save us a ton of money by being a nut job.
August 18th, 2008, 06:19 PM
MusicalJulia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I shop weekly. I run to the store mid week for things if we run out (milk, fresh fruits, vegetables, and the like). But, our big grocery trip is once a week.

I don't shop around and use coupons as much as I probably should.

<div align='left'>----
Angel #1- August '08 (10 weeks)
Angel #2- October '08 (6 weeks)
TTC on hold..

</div>

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search