Need peanutbutter recipes

Forum: Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2005, 08:29 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
We get WIC with the kids and I have so many jars of peanutbutter that I need to come up with something to do with it. I have about a dozen jars or more of peanutbutter in my cabinet. They give you a lot and I can only eat so many peanutbutter sandwiches.

So I was thinking peanutbutter cookies, peanutbutter fudge, peanutbutter anything. If you have recipes I could use them!

Visit us at the Am I Pregnant board.
Are you trying to lose weight or get in shape? Stop by the Mommy Fitness board and say hello.

***Find me on Facebook!***
February 18th, 2005, 08:35 AM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
recipes

I love this site you can make it for 1 or 100 people & it adjust them for you!!
February 18th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Melissa_A's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mmmmmm.....this is such a good recipe, I make it all the time around the holidays and people just LOVE it. It's really easy too and kids will love it!!

Chex Mix Muddy Buddies
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup Skippy® peanut butter
1 package (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
1/4 cup margarine or butter*
9 cups Chex® cereal (any variety)

Measure cereal into large bowl; set aside. Microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and margarine in 1-quart microwavable bowl, uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into large plastic food-storage bag; add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. 9 cups snack.
*Do not use spread or tub products.

Important: Because microwaves cook differently, time is approximate.

Range Top Directions: Measure cereal into large bowl; set aside. Heat chocolate chips, peanut butter and margarine in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Continue as directed above.

1 serving (1/2 cup): 210 calories (80 calories from fat); 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat); 0 mg cholesterol; 210 mg sodium; 30 g carbohydrate (1 g dietary fiber); 3 g protein.

High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No changes.

2005 © and ®/™ General Mills
February 18th, 2005, 09:03 AM
AmberC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not a huge peanut butter fan so I dont have any recipes for you I always eat peanut butter on my apple slices tho.

</div>
February 23rd, 2005, 05:27 PM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Patty I Know exactly how you feel LOL that is why I been doing some researching myself on what to do with peanut butter LOL
Well, my main reason of coming to this board was to share this recipe that I just love! My Mom has made these cookies since I was a and I just love them! They are called chocolate no bake cookies No oven and easy to do. And peanut butter is an ingredient . Kids love them and most of all they are healthy! (btw I like this site for other ideas too).

Other sticky peanut ideas:
1."Jello No Bakes" has a peanut butter/chocolate cake (easy and good)

2. Peanut butter pie with the graham cracker crust? (not to hard)

3. Peanut butter brittle candy?

4. "Ants on a log"? Celery with peanut butter inside (the scoop) with rasins on top (the ants- lol) -the only way I will eat raisins and celery LOL

5. P and J sandwiches

6. Well you are pregnant now so how about using Peanut butter and chocolate/fudge over ice cream? LOL

Well I hope some of those ideas will get you started. And if you still have leftover peanut butter and don't know what to do with it- if you have or feed birds they love peanut butter as well. ;-)

-Dori
February 23rd, 2005, 05:31 PM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Melissa_A@Feb 18 2005, 11:39 AM
Mmmmmm.....this is such a good recipe, I make it all the time around the holidays and people just LOVE it. It's really easy too and kids will love it!!

Chex Mix Muddy Buddies
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup Skippy® peanut butter
1 package (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
1/4 cup margarine or butter*
9 cups Chex® cereal (any variety)

Measure cereal into large bowl; set aside. Microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and margarine in 1-quart microwavable bowl, uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into large plastic food-storage bag; add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. 9 cups snack.
*Do not use spread or tub products.

Important: Because microwaves cook differently, time is approximate.

Range Top Directions: Measure cereal into large bowl; set aside. Heat chocolate chips, peanut butter and margarine in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Continue as directed above.

1 serving (1/2 cup): 210 calories (80 calories from fat); 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat); 0 mg cholesterol; 210 mg sodium; 30 g carbohydrate (1 g dietary fiber); 3 g protein.

High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No changes.

2005 © and ®/™ General Mills
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
Just had to thank you for this idea as well. WIC gives us a limited of choices of what cereal to pick from and well just say I have a lot of Chex cereal that I don't know what to do with LOL and do sometimes eat it as a mix, so thanks!
-Dori
March 23rd, 2005, 08:13 AM
KitKat
Somewhere.... I have my mother's recipe for Peanut Butter Balls... I'll see if I can find it.
September 19th, 2005, 03:35 PM
OpheliaLoved's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Buckeyes:

I never use a recipe for this; I just mix and match until I get it the way I like, so sorry about the lack of precise amounts

Peanut butter
honey
powdered sugar
chocolate chips

Mix together peanut butter, a few tablespoons of honey, and about 1/4 C powdered sugar (really depends on how sweet you like it, and how much PB you use!) Freeze it for a couple of hours.

In the microwave or double boiler (I just use two nestling pots and fill the larger one with water and the smaller one with the chocolate, and put the small one on top of the big one- just be carful that you don't get any water in the chocolate or it will ruin it!) melt the chocolate chips, stirring frequently. Chocolate doesn't lose its shape when it melts, so only microwave it for a few seconds at a time and stir it. Burnt chocolate smells really bad, so be careful! Take the peanut butter out of the freezer and roll it into a ball. Dip the ball into the melted chocolate. If the peanut butter starts to get soft, put if back in the freezer.

Place the buckeyes in the freezer for about a half hour or until the chocolate hardens!

If you don't have the patience for the buckeyes, an easier variation is to put the peanutbutter mixture in cupcake pans (spray it with cooking oil first!) and then pour the chocolate on the peanutbutter, and then freeze it like that.
-O

<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
September 26th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Natalies_Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is SO good!!

Peanut butter cake:

1-stick butter{melt}
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cup white sugar
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups selfrising flour (you can use regular flour too, just add 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder and ½ teaspoon salt per cup of flour)
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup water
Talbesp vanilla

Bake until it is done 350 (I baked it for like 35-40 min)

Icing
1 box conf sugar (powdered sugar)
3 tablesp peanut butter
1/2 stick(melt) butter
1 teasp vanilla
pour milk until smooth

</div>
November 11th, 2005, 08:38 AM
CBMS
EASY Peanut butter fudge

2c sugar
1c milk (*I* use skim, so it's not as fattening, hehe... it's good with cream, or whole milk, or evaporated milk, too, though.)
dash salt

2TBSP butter or margarine
2/3 c peanut butter
1tsp vanilla (or almond) flavoring

Bring first three ingredients to a boil, stirring often. Continue to boil, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches the soft ball stage (this is where you drop a bit in ice-cold water and can make it form a ball while in the water, but when it's brought up out of the water, it flattens to your fingers). Remove from heat. I usually leave it on the heat for about 45 seconds after it reaches the soft ball stage when I use skim milk. Add butter, peanut butter, and vanilla and stir. Keep stirring until the mixture becomes somewhat thickened (and partially cooled). Pour into a buttered [glass is best] 8x8 pan. Allow to cool completely. Fudge will set as it sits. Cut and ENJOY after it's completely cooled.

This is yummy stuff, so be careful not to eat the whole pan yourself Tempting as it is.
December 4th, 2005, 12:21 PM
4Kids4Me2Love's Avatar Veteran
I just posted this in the Desserts section, but I will post it here for you as well. It is so yummy!!

Peanut Butter Oreo Pie

Ingredients

1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tablesponns milk
2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip)
18 Oreos, coarsely chopped, divided
1 (9-inch) Oreo Pie Crust

Directions

1. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy.

2. Add peanut butter and milk; beat 2 minutes more or until smooth.

3. Fold in whipped topping and 1 3/4 cups chopped cookies. Spread into pie crust. Sprinkle with remaining chopped cookies. Reefrigerate 4 to 6 hours overnight. Makes 8 servings.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search