Log In Sign Up

Just got an e-mail from Colee's Mom

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Posts: n/a
Here's what it said....

"Yesterday morning when I went to her house she was
doubled over in pain. She had trouble walking. I had
her go upstairs to take a warm bath to see if that
wouldn't help relive some pain. We were taking the
kids in for an appointment so the doc could take a
look at her. (We had a call in to her GI just in case
this was a GI problem).

We got there, kids were checked (they are ok) and
Nichole mentioned the stomach pain. The nurse came in
to do vitals and Nichole told her she thought she was
having a nervous break down (HELLO!! SOME HELP PLEASE)
The nurse blew it off as "Stay at home mom" is a hard
job. I interjected.. She was having problems. The
nurse wrote something in the file and off she went.
When the doctor came in again Nichole said she felt
like she was going crazy... The doc blew it off like
it was a simple kids are hyper kinda remark.

Nichole took the kids out to the van and I checked
them out. When I got to the van she was crying and
very upset that another doctor had failed her and no
one cared. She was very emotional and was literally
screaming for some help. I told her I WOULD CALL and
someone WOULD listen.

I called her therapist and told them who I was and
Nichole was in the room aware I was making the call.
She told me to call a crisis line which I did. We went
out here lots of waiting... finally got to speak with
an intake lady. The interview was almost 2 hours. She
had Nichole very upset with all the stuff they went
through. I think they were trying to see what level
her agitation was at.

They then had to meet with a supervisor to decide what
the next step was... They ended up calling an
ambulance to take her directly to the local
hospital/ER. They did tell us at that point she would
be admitted. They needed to follow up with this
"pain". We told them her doc thought it was her gall
bladder and was going to schedule a sonogram.

Well... they ended up doing a cat scan. They have
found that there is "free air" that should not be
there. She is VERY HIGH RISK of her colon rupturing.
They are not sure if they are doing surgery or not.
They are still waiting for her GI to get there to do
more tests. At first they thought the colon had
perforated but that is not the case. They are treating
her with antibiotics.. also she has a bladder

If they are going to do surgery she is hoping to be
able to get transferred to a bigger hospital 45 miles
from here... All of that is up in the air. I really
don't know what exactly is going on.

Her mental health....

She is very scared and extremely agaitated. She has
been telling doc's of have having a fever for three
weeks... when she started having UC problems her GI
did not see her only prescribed more prednisone. This
is all such a mess and I do apologize for rambling. so
much is going on and I am trying to get it all in.

Her doc she saw yesterday called me early this a.m.
before seeing Nichole in the ER (14 hrs there before
going to intensive care). He was almost in tears on
the phone when he learned she had such a break down.
He did go in and talk with her at great length and
telling her how badly he felt. He has taken full
responsibility for her care at the hospital.

So in a nut shell... She is in a regular hospital.
Right now they are more concerned about her physical
health although they are keeping watch on her mental

As I have details I will be in touch. She does not
have a phone in intensive care."

I'll keep y'all posted as I hear more from her.
Reply With Quote
March 7th, 2007, 08:24 PM
stormy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Alabama
Posts: 3,855
Send a message via AIM to stormy Send a message via Yahoo to stormy
I feel for Nichole. Keeping her in my prayers. I am going to try to get a sticky for her thread so we can keep it updated.
<div align="center"></div>
Reply With Quote
March 8th, 2007, 03:25 AM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Trinidad
Posts: 20,622
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
lots of love and positive thoughts for Colee

xxx Lisa xxx
xxx Lisa xxx<div align="center">

Reply With Quote
March 8th, 2007, 12:00 PM
manjusha's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon, India
Posts: 4,068
Send a message via Yahoo to manjusha
I hope she feels better both physically and mentally. I don't know why people in the hospital take everything so lightly.
Reply With Quote
March 8th, 2007, 03:58 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: California
Posts: 9,925
Oh wow, poor girl. I'm saying a prayer for her right now. THanks for posting this and letting us know.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0