Oh my gosh-now I get it!

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2007, 01:40 PM
texasmomof2
Lorna works in a POSTAL FACILITY! Hence the username "postalchick".

I may be slow sometimes, but I eventually catch on!!
April 25th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Did you think I was just angry all the time
April 25th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
LOL LOL I guess I REALLY dont catch on! LOL...I didnt even think twice about it,even after reading she worked in the PO. I even thought to myself 'Iwonder if anyone has gone postal there yet'...geesh I never surprise myself

</div>

</blockquote>
April 25th, 2007, 02:41 PM
texasmomof2
Uh, um, uh...Maybe you're an exotic dancer and that is your stage presence?? To dress up like a postal worker????

Ok, I'm really reaching here. ROFL!!!

At least I'm not the only one who didn't get it!
April 25th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Uh, um, uh...Maybe you're an exotic dancer and that is your stage presence?? To dress up like a postal worker????

At least I'm not the only one who didn't get it![/b]
That's got me cracking up, thanks I so needed it today. You ladies are soo funny. I love you guys.
April 25th, 2007, 03:24 PM
texasmomof2
Quote:
Quote:

That's got me cracking up, thanks I so needed it today. You ladies are soo funny. I love you guys.
[/b]

Yeah! We love you, too!!!
April 25th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Becca's_Mommy's Avatar Becca's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via MSN to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Becca's_Mommy
Ya I didin't get it either so don't feel bad... lol

April 25th, 2007, 03:32 PM
texasmomof2
Quote:
Ya I didin't get it either so don't feel bad... lol[/b]
ROFL!! I can always either use the excusxe of the new meds or the fact that I'm blonde. LOL
April 25th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
See,we have fun here LOL...we love you too,hon!

Janetta...what excuse can I use? LOL

</div>

</blockquote>
April 25th, 2007, 05:43 PM
texasmomof2
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
See,we have fun here LOL...we love you too,hon!

Janetta...what excuse can I use? LOL
[/b]

Hmmmm.........blame the bipolar. That's what I'm gonna start doing!
April 25th, 2007, 06:08 PM
LOL good idea! I am on one big brain fart

</div>

</blockquote>
April 26th, 2007, 08:05 AM
texasmomof2
I told my dad last night I was going to start cussing at my H and throwing stuff at him and say "Oh I'm sorry, I can't help it. I'm bipolar." ROFL! That would serve him right for the way he has treated me & the kids for so long. Would you believe H had the NERVE to tell the kids that they needed to quit doing things to "make" him lose his temper with them, but he told Emily that she needed to learn how to control her temper even though she is bipolar? ARGH!!!!! It's their fault he loses his temper, but yet Emily is bi-polar and she needs to learn to control hers. ***? He is such a (to borrow Sara's word) butthead.
April 26th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Quote:
I told my dad last night I was going to start cussing at my H and throwing stuff at him and say "Oh I'm sorry, I can't help it. I'm bipolar." ROFL! That would serve him right for the way he has treated me & the kids for so long. Would you believe H had the NERVE to tell the kids that they needed to quit doing things to "make" him lose his temper with them, but he told Emily that she needed to learn how to control her temper even though she is bipolar? ARGH!!!!! It's their fault he loses his temper, but yet Emily is bi-polar and she needs to learn to control hers. ***? He is such a (to borrow Sara's word) butthead.[/b]
Grrr! Not fair!! Like it's the kids fault that HE cant control HIMSELF My poor dh,I DID start cussing at him and I threw a shoe at him a couple of weeks after Ryan was born. I think I have been out of control for awhile...but,I've been on prednisone almost a straight 2 yrs(although I DID have a break of it for about 6 monthes-after Ryanw as born). I honestly dont know why he has stuck it out with me...but I love him so much and I am sooo thankful for starting this mood stabilzer. Now he doesnt walk on egg shells around me. Thats hard to admit

I wish you H treated you and the kids better. How's Emily doing? Have you told her your dx yet?

</div>

</blockquote>
April 27th, 2007, 09:39 AM
texasmomof2
Yes, I told her the day I found out, and I think it made her feel a lot better. She was like "Well, mom, you're a pretty normal person except that you are really hyper sometimes." and I told her that is my manic part of the bipolar. That some people get angry, but some people just get really, really hyper. I think it made her feel so much better about her diagnosis to know that her Mommy has it, too. Because she so much wants to be like me.

She is so funny-she has always said she hated having bangs in her hair, and I got swoop bangs cut in mine last week, and now she wants to get bangs cut in hers like mine. LOL The only thing I really have to watch is that when I find myself not eating so much, I notice that she doesn't eat so much. So last night after her softball game we went to Taco Bell, and I actually ate 2 burritos. And she had one of those Crunch Wrap things. So I was proud of myself for actually eating in front of her. (Of course, I didn't eat much the whole day before, but I was proud of myself that I forced myself to eat in front of her.) Now, I did go home and puke it all ujp, so that's the other issue I have to work on.....

Anyway, she is doing A LOT better now that she knows we have the same diagnosis and that we can talk about it.
April 27th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Good,I am so glad you were able to talk to her about your dx. That helps both you and Emily....just knowing things will be OK. I'm sure it's a little scary for her too,being dx. Emily wants to be like me too...when I was having trouble walking,she started limping. I explained to her that its a GOOD thing to be healthy and Mommy's legs will get better too. She stopped after one day..LOL..but just seeing her almost wanting to be sick,it made me very nervous. So,I have been very quiet about my own health issues. I think she was hearing too much of it,for her age...kwim?

That is soooo sweet that Emily wants her hair cut like yours. That is just the best compliment I'm proud of you for eating in front of her,thats good for her to see from Mom,so she doesnt worry so much. I wish I had advice for you,with getting sick after Just know I am here,and anytime you wanna talk about it...I'm a good listener

Do you go in spurts with how you feel about your looks and with sex as well? I know thats kinda personal,so you dont have to answer. I know with myself I DO,with both and I'm wondering how strange/normal that is with bi-polar...

</div>

</blockquote>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search