Id like some info

Forum: Digital Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Digital Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2010, 12:59 AM
MamaOf2Angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaOf2Angels
Hey ladies,

So im massively into paper scrapbooking with my son and have been since my son was about a year old. I have never been on the scrapbooking section of JM but decided to check it out and say this...

how exactly do you do digital scrapbooking? I love all the siggys that the ladies on here do and would love to learn that as well.. is that part of digital scrapbooking? well if anyone has any website suggestions or advice that would be greatly appreciated...

THANKS STEPH2007 for my amazing siggy!!!!!!!!

1 month old : 9 pounds 9 ounces 23 inches long
5-21-11: 26 pounds down! GO ME!
December 28th, 2010, 08:06 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Well there is the actual Paper Scrapping board. (Not saying you have to go Just wasn't sure if you saw it.)
Here's some info on what digital scrapbooking is:
Quote:
In essence, digital scrapbooking is the same thing as paper scrapbooking...only you create your layouts on your computer using digital scrapbooking products! Is one better than the other? No...well, at least not in my opinion - LOL! They are just different forms of the same thing in the end We scrapbook to have records of our memories, families and life...and you will get that with either! One common misconception with digital scrapping is that not only do we CREATE our layouts on the computer...but we KEEP them there as well NOOOO - LOL! Well...we do keep them on our hard drives...BUT - most of us also print (or have printed) our layouts and put them into scrapbooking albums just like a paper scrapper would!
(read the rest here TheShabbyShoppe.com - Digital Scrapbooking Products)
The main thing is you have to have a computer program that lets you work with editable layers. (examples - Photoshop CS, Photoshop Elements, PaintShop Pro, or GIMP) GIMP is 100% free, and some people will tell you it can't do as much, but I have a friend who does all her scrapping on it and she's always getting featured on stuff. You can also get free trial downloads of the other programs too. I advise starting with a free program or trial and free products before you invest any money into it.
Siggies are also made with digital scrapbooking products, using some of the same principles and digital scrapbooking.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
December 28th, 2010, 03:36 PM
AprilJanellieBellie's Avatar Keepin Busy
Great Advice. I think that most people that paper scrap find digital scrappbooking much quicker & switch. I do both, but find that with my children & my job digital is a lot faster & I get more accomplished. I hope that Trish was able to answer your questions. I hope that you come back because you're hooked as well. Lol. Good Luck!
December 28th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Wife and Momma
I also paper scrapbooking, still attempting digital lol, I make my own siggi's to me there like digital scrapbooking since I haven't been able to make one to look right yet, and I do a different one every month and for events/holidays/seasons..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search