how long will I endure this pain?

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Veteran
Started spotting on tuesday and went to the er yesterday. By the time I left I was bleeding. Last night the period cramps came. Woke up this morning at about 7:30 and it feels like I'm in full blown labor. My uterus is cramping sooo hard every few minutes. It hurts so bad it made me throw up. ER gave me freakin motirin 800 which is like an asprin for a gunshot wound.

Please give me some hope...

May 11th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Veteran
Oh hunny, I am soo sorry. Did the hospital say for sure its a miss. My friend had bleeding and cramping early on and she is ok. One thing I want you to know if you do miscarry. I gave birth to a stillborn baby boy at 26 weeks. He had a rare chomosome problem that was lithal. It should have ended in miscarriage. If you are miscarrying, then it could have been a problem with conception. Not you or DH. No matter how far along you are a loss is a loss. Its your pain and your grief. It can make you bitter or better. There is no pain like loosing a baby so I know exactly how you feel. Hang in there, I really hope you feel better soon. I am thinking of you and you are in my prayers.
May 11th, 2007, 04:16 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My m/c was pretty bad for about 36-48 hours. I m/c at 14w. The pain wasn't constant. It would come and go.

I bled so bad though I really think I should have been in the ER.

Five days later, I felt better, but knew it wasn't over. I ended up with a D&C.

Please be careful. If you even think you may be bleeding too much, go to the ER.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I am sending hugs your way

Bobbie

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon.
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

May 11th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Veteran
thank you for your support. I'm sure it is a mc. im passing a lot of clots and blood. It's slowed down now, but its not over. At least the labor-like pains have passed. Just feels like really bad cramps now. There was no fetal hb or activity on the u/s and the sac looked the same as it did around 6 wks.

The motrin is starting to wear off. Finally got it to work after I doubled it up. Called my DR and DB is now at the pharmacy picking up a script for Vicodin. Counting down the seconds til he's back.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts and prayers. We had some spotting and the sac was behind in development last month. So, this isn't really a huge surprise. I just wish it had been over then, instead of getting my hopes up for the last 3 weeks. It's so sad...

May 12th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Marissa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Marissa Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa
I'm so sorry for your loss.

I was having contractions for 48 hours, they were the worst ones. I had a few during the week, which i called my doctor about and he said it was normal, my uterus was contracting back down to its orignal size. The ones after the inital miscarriage weren't as bad as the ones i had during my miscarriage. The ones i had when miscarrying, i was in so much pain, it hurt just to sit on the toilet.

The one thing that helped for me, was a hot water bottle on my uterus. It helped wonders.
May 12th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Carrie ~ I really wish I could say something that would change your situation but unfortunately I can't. I am hoping you are doing better this morning. Please know that losing a baby is a tough road to be on & emotionally you are going to be all over the place. This includes anger, jealousy, etc. If you allow yourself to feel everything, then it will help you get through the grieving process. If you don't, it will be a much tougher road. If there is anything you need, please feel free to PM me or to post in here. The girls here are super supportive & will embrace you anytime you need it.

My heart & prayers are w/ you!

May 12th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Veteran
I'm feeling much better this evening. Unfortunately, last night the vicoden made me sicker than a dog! The good news is that at least it made me a little "high" while I puked my guts up. LOL (I'm trying to find humor in anything I can, at this point.) Only a few cramps today and the bleeding has slowed way down.

SO is taking it really hard. Emotionally, he's all over the place. I think he feels inadequate and is afraid that I'll leave him. As crazy as it sounds, we started this relationship knowing there was a possiblity I could get pregnant. With me being 32, I had told him right off that I wasn't on the pill and that if it was meant to be, it was meant to be. It didn't scare him away and as our love grew, we started to really TTC. I had never tried to get pregnant before. With us it was truly love at first sight, so it seemed only natural. Now I'm afraid that he may think he's only around for me to breed with (as crass and inacurate as that is,) and since his "seed" failed, I might dump him. I keep reassuring him that I want nothing less than to spend the rest of my life with him. We've always felt like we had met "the one". But I can feel him pushing away in fear of getting hurt. It's weird. He'll wait on me hand and foot and kiss all over me, then make a comment like, "You're too beautiful for me," or "Are you going to start going out partying and hitting on guys?" {A little background, he just switched to graveyard on a promotion 2 weeks ago - so I only get to see him a few night a week.}

Today, he didn't even want to kiss me. I had to really push for it. He said he was having issues. I'm soo scared. I can't imagine loosing this man. He's the love of my life and the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. He is really the most loving, sincere man I've ever met and I'm not sure how else to support him through this.

May 12th, 2007, 08:19 PM
MyAngelHayden's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MyAngelHayden Send a message via Yahoo to MyAngelHayden
<span style="font-family:Tahoma">I'm so sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))

Heather
</span>

*Hayden's Memorial Myspace*

</div>
May 12th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Marissa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Marissa Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa
Quote:
I'm feeling much better this evening. Unfortunately, last night the vicoden made me sicker than a dog! The good news is that at least it made me a little "high" while I puked my guts up. LOL (I'm trying to find humor in anything I can, at this point.) Only a few cramps today and the bleeding has slowed way down.

SO is taking it really hard. Emotionally, he's all over the place. I think he feels inadequate and is afraid that I'll leave him. As crazy as it sounds, we started this relationship knowing there was a possiblity I could get pregnant. With me being 32, I had told him right off that I wasn't on the pill and that if it was meant to be, it was meant to be. It didn't scare him away and as our love grew, we started to really TTC. I had never tried to get pregnant before. With us it was truly love at first sight, so it seemed only natural. Now I'm afraid that he may think he's only around for me to breed with (as crass and inacurate as that is,) and since his "seed" failed, I might dump him. I keep reassuring him that I want nothing less than to spend the rest of my life with him. We've always felt like we had met "the one". But I can feel him pushing away in fear of getting hurt. It's weird. He'll wait on me hand and foot and kiss all over me, then make a comment like, "You're too beautiful for me," or "Are you going to start going out partying and hitting on guys?" {A little background, he just switched to graveyard on a promotion 2 weeks ago - so I only get to see him a few night a week.}

Today, he didn't even want to kiss me. I had to really push for it. He said he was having issues. I'm soo scared. I can't imagine loosing this man. He's the love of my life and the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. He is really the most loving, sincere man I've ever met and I'm not sure how else to support him through this.[/b]

I'm sorry hon

I think right now, hes finding it really diffcult, like you are. I'm sure deep down he knows that you wouldn't leave him, but i think this is his way of copeing. Keep telling him, that you will never leave him, and just because you've had one loss doesn't mean he has anything wrong with him. Losses are hard on both partners. Some men, just lock it up and put on a front, when really, inside they are crumbling. My SO, wouldn't cry infront of me, he'd go into another room to let it out, he told me that he didn't want to break down infront of me because i would break down - and he needed to be strong for me. The only way i knew he cried was the look in his eyes.

I think after awhile, he will be ok. I think right now its just very diffcult for both of you. With time it will get easier, it will always be with you, but the days and weeks will continue to get easier. Let your SO know that, you both have a beautiful angel, watching down on you both, keeping you safe & who loves you very much (This has given me, great peace, knowing that i have a beautiful angel, watching me and my SO, and keeping us safe from harm).
May 12th, 2007, 11:24 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
Carrie, so sorry for your loss. It seems like every time I'm missing for a few days there are a few more member to welcome as soon as I return. We're all here for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search