Need some help - never sold on ebay before

Forum: Swap Shop - For sale by mommy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Swap Shop - For sale by mommy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is my first time ever selling something on ebay. My son is 5 years old, and I literally have every single piece of clothing he's ever had. So, I want to go and sale all the stuff that he no longer fits in. Do I seperate like all the 0-6 month, 6-12, 18-24, 3T, 4T stuff and sale it all together? Or do I sale each piece individually? Just a little advice would be great

~Amanda

[url="http://snugglepie.com"]
November 26th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
**BUMP** Sorry - I just really want to know

[url="http://snugglepie.com"]
November 26th, 2006, 07:12 PM
asianmama
i think u should seperate by sizes. i am having a hard time selling my little girls stuff to. but havent posted on ebay. i only post here and on my myspace page.
November 29th, 2006, 05:28 PM
ilovemy3wikids
I sell on e-bay all the time Split up the sizes....go 0-3 together 3-6 6-9 ect.... If you have any items in great shape or NWT ( New with tag) sell them seperate! Good luck!
December 11th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the previous poster--things that are new with tags and really nice boutique items (even if they're gently used) should be listed separately. It's better to do large lots on regular clothing. Someone might not buy one used shirt for $2.00, but they might buy a lot of 5 for $2.00. Also, make sure you look everything over VERY carefully before listing it, and list ANY flaws. It's better to be careful up-front than to have to deal with an angry buyer.

I know this is an old post, but maybe this will help.

January 15th, 2007, 06:39 PM
*KeLLy*
I'm curious also bc I have a ton of clothes from my kids. Everytime I"ve ever posted on EBAY i never sell ANYTHING ... what price do you normally put on your stuff?? Seems like I"m ebay jinxed or something!
January 15th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Maybe I'm crazy, but I list EVERYTHING for $.99. It saves on the listing fee, and I've found that objects tend to find their value. I've listed everything from craft fabric remnants to a 1 ounce gold piece (it sold for $630) all starting at 99 cents. About 10% of the time I've been somewhat disappointed because I felt that something should have sold for more, but most of the time I've been pleasantly surprised at how much some things do sell for. And if something just won't sell, even listing it at $.99 isn't going to make it sell.

Doing this may not be for everybody, but it has worked for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search