Log In Sign Up

Bailey's Grand Entrance

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2008, 03:53 PM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 18,590
A little background:
Pregnancy after miscarriage
On progesterone until week 14, due to low numbers
Surprise gender baby
Gestational Diabetic
Breech baby
Due November 19, 2007

October 31, 2007
I had my last prenatal appointment. We confirmed the baby was still breech and we set the c-section for November 9th. This was a little over a week before my due date, to insure I wouldn't go into labor and have to have emergency surgery. He sent me out the door saying that he would see me on the 9th, if not before. I joked back and said that he better not because my parents were out of the country until the 6th! That night I went in for what would be my last non-stress test (due to GD) and then went home to sit on the couch and ignore the trick-or-treaters. So unlike me...I love Halloween.

November 2, 2007 I rolled myself out of bed at 5:45 am to go to the bathroom for the 300th time that night. Sat down on the toilet and GUSH...I believe the exact words out of my mouth were "Holy SH*T!!". Our bathroom is connected to our bedroom, so DH heard me and immediately shot out of bed...is it time to go to the hospital? In TOTAL shock, I said "uh huh". I have never been in so much shock in my life. My water broke? This is my first baby, first babies are supposed to be late, not 2.5 weeks early and BREECH. Plus my parents are OUT of the country and won't be there for their first grand baby's birth! I am so flustered, running from bathroom to bathroom, because I am still leaking like a faucet...every step I would take would just bring another gush, but I couldn't let myself stay put. It was quite comical, I am sure. Somehow I managed to get online before we left for the hospital to post this.

I called and left an incoherent message on my dad's cell phone, that of course, went straight to voice mail, since they were out of the country. Called everybody else in my family and shocked the heck out of them. We were at the hospital and in a room by 6:15. My grandma, who lives 15 minutes further from the hospital than we do, showed up at the same time we did, lol. Gosh, everything was so surreal. I was very touched by the amount of family members that showed up messy hair, miss-matched clothes with no make-up.

My SIL (in the blue scrubs above) is an OB at that hospital, so as soon as I called her, she called them and told them I was on my way. Everything went so fast. They were hooking me up, did one last U/S to make sure baby was still breech...yep. I was told I was booked for the OR at 8:30, so I sent a text to Crystal. They came in and shaved me, ahem, and gave me a really sour shot of something that is supposed to help with nausea. Stuck me in a wheel chair and off we went to the delivery room. Still in shock this is really taking place. They made Brandon wait outside until they were ready.

So as they are rolling me in, I see my doctor and told him he jinxed me by telling me that he might see me earlier than the 9th! lol They move me over to the operating table and the anesthesiologist (who was AWESOME) came over to start my spinal tap. The nurse was so sweet and had me curl over her for support. It was so hard not having Brandon there to hold my hand and she knew it. That was the wildest sensation ever for your body to just go numb like that. Next the nurse put the catheter in...thought I would feel that, because I could still feel, but NOPE, not a thing, legs open for the world to see, didn't give a care. Then they put the sheet up and let Brandon in. The anesthesiologist was very attentive and wanted to make sure I was feeling okay, which I wasn't. He gave me a shot of something through my IV and it kinda worked, but once they started with the surgery, it came back and he gave me a bigger dose, put a wet cloth on my head and the nausea went away. The whole time I could feel the tugging and pulling, but it didn't hurt one bit, just a strange sensation. All this happened within matter of minutes and all the sudden I heard the sweetest cry in the world and immediately started to ball. That is my baby...MY BABY. "It's a GIRL!!" I heard from over the sheet. Oh man, what a feeling, I could care less that I was in the middle of an operating room. They took her straight over to the little bassinet thing where they clean the baby up and let Brandon cut the remainder of the cord. They wouldn't let him over the sheet to cut it from me...it was also too short, because it was wrapped around her neck TWICE! No wonder she didn't turn head down and THANK GOD! Brandon was over with the nurse just in complete awe. I had to yell at him to get the camera out, cause he forgot! Thank goodness I remembered or we wouldn't have had any pictures. I was just laying there staring at her, just totally in love with this little being that I hadn't even touched yet. She was born at 8:54 a.m., 6lbs 13oz, 19 inches.

So, they move me over to my hospital bed in the OR and finally put her in my arms (although it was only a couple minutes, felt like forever). We meet my family in the lobby on the way to our room, so they can admire for a minute. I have never heard so many high-pitched squeaks! lol, they were in love too. Nobody else was allowed in our room, besides Brandon and I, until things were settled and I was ready. That was really great, because it gave us a little bit to bond and for me to try to breastfeed. Which went surprisingly well, considering I had no idea what I was doing. I called my dad again and left them a message with the good news. At some point I sent Crystal a text with the picture and stats and she had a little fun with you ladies. Reading that post just made me cry. Awe.

We stayed at the hospital for the full 3 days, though they would have let us go at 2. It was recommended to me that I take full advantage of the hospital and extra help and I am glad I did. My parents got home the night we got home, but didn't come because they were afraid of all the airport germs, etc. So, first thing the next morning they came over to meet their grand daughter.

I have pictures at home, will post later.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

Reply With Quote
April 23rd, 2008, 04:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: jersey shore
Posts: 3,260

Reply With Quote
April 24th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,204

Thanks Kara!!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0