Log In Sign Up

Oliver Micheal's arrival!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2008, 09:46 AM
ALM1882's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 5401
Posts: 327
So I was due November 20th but that day came and went. I was getting extremely uncomfortable as the WEEKS went on. I was only dialated to 2 cm and 80% effaced. Finally at my 42 week appt we talked induction.

I was told to call L&D on Tuesday morning Dec. 4th and see how busy they were. So bright and early at 7 a.m. I called and they were not busy at all so they told me to come right over. For some reason when I got there which was literally 10 minutes later they didnt have a room available for me. So I sat in the little lounge rocking chair area for 2 hrs. Finally they brought me to my room which was huge and right on the corner of the seventh floor with views of the lake and the adirondacks. It was pretty nice. I was ready!

They started pitocin about 10 in the morning, hooked me up to my iv of antibiotics since I was positive for strep or whatever. So off the labor went. I progressed from 3-7 in about six hours. Then stalled out and stayed at 7. Around 4 in the afternoon my midwife broke my water and I gushed all over the place pretty much til I pushed. At about five I got an epi cause things got really intense and painful, I had tried the tub but it just made the pain more intense I was having bad back labor.

The epi was wonderful, it lasted from 6-9 right after my family left. It was horrible, I wasnt dialated much more at all. I asked for something else, they wanted to give me morphine but that scared me. So finally after another hr and a half I got another epi which took them four pokes to get it in. ###### Med student. I was feeling totally numb she turned it super high and I kept hitting my little button.

So they left me alone for about 3 hrs, checked me at 1 and I was totally dialated. I rested til 2 then started pushing. His huge head would not come out, and she kept using more and more mineral oil to stretch me out, ick! ( I pooped like three times when she did that!)

So I pushed from two am until 3:47 and finally at 3:47 am on December 5, 2007 my little man came into the world at 8 lbs 7 oz and 20 inches long. My lil chunker!


Thanks Kara I love my new siggie!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0