Log In Sign Up

Marquise Devon Jr

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 2
Send a message via AIM to Mizztori729 Send a message via MSN to Mizztori729
First off my edd was 7/20 on 7/27 (Dh's birthday) I had my check-up and they decided it was time for that baby to come out! So they started inducing my labor probaby around noon that day. I was already having some contractions that day but they were nowhere near strong enough to establish labor. My dr. started by putting something called Laminaries into my cerviz. It was to help open it up cause i was only a fingertip dialated. Those had to stay in for a whole 12 hours. They also started the pitocin about 4pm. So after being check about 3 times some came out on there own and some had to be taken out by then I was roughly 2-3 cm dialated. I was trying to have a natural labor but my sister did not help at all she kept on offering drugs! Saying " Vicky if you can't take it you know what you can do!" Dh he was exhausted because about 2 weeks before his job had put him on 12hr days 7 days a week. Plus it was his birthday I felt so bad for the poor man but only for that second. So around 1am I couldn't take the pressure and no support so I had received my first dose of Morphine. Can I tell you that it felt like they gave me a darn tylenol. It didn't do anything for my pain. I mean it dulled it for maybe an hour but after I was feeling those contractions strong as ever. So it is now saturday morning and everone left me to go home to shower and get a few zzzz's. Dh even left which pissed me off cause just cause it was his birthday weekend he felt that he could go out with his boys get a few drinks and come back just in time for our son to arrive (Ugh I think not what about supporting me through getting our son here) So after enduring contractions for over 24hours I opted for the epidural. Worst mistake I could have ever made. I'm not sure if it was just a bad side effect what but that dayum thing had my face itching so bad! By that time My mom, sister best friend and dh had came back! so after the itching minimized I was finally able to get some sleep! everyone went to the cafeteria to eat and I hadn't eaten since friday morning. It seemed like at that time God was teasing me because 4 women had there babies all within 5 hours of MJ being born. So when I woke up it was 8 pm saturday night 7/28. They checked me and I'm 7-8cm. Im like yes hallelujah! So the contractions are worse and worse. I'm now expressing my pain cause no one except my sister was attempting to rub a sister or nothing. But she could only do but so much cause she was 4 months pregnant! Dh had the nerve to be sleep in the chair cause he was a lil tipsy from being out with his boys that day! GRrrrrr. So they break my water at 11pm and they notice meconium in my water. Contractions were unbareable and dh tried to help but at that time I was too upset to even hear or compute what he was saying and don't you know he had the nerve to get an attitude and walk out the room. I don't remember when they left but everyone had left. They couldn't give me anymore drugs and the dr checks me again around 1am and says that I'm only 8 cm! I'm like what! The pain was unbearable so they decide I have had enough and opt for the c-section. I was disappointed and relieved all at the same time. So, I tell dh to go and find my mother sister and friend and they disappered to the cafeteria again. They prep me and dh for surgery and off we go. Now they decide they can give me some more dayum medicine however they touch my belly and I can still feel it on one side. They give me a lil more and I guess it worked some! So dh is by my side and they didn't tell me that they started so i tell dh to stand up he does and I'm already cut open he goes "Ewwwww!" But within a matter of minutes I felt a huge weight lifted and my little boy cry! When I first say him on the baby table I said to dh oh boy he has your nose! They wrap him up we give him a kiss and they take him away! Now at this point I'm feeling a lot of pressure i'm saying owwww! Cause it was turning quite painful. So they put me to sleep. I woke up around 5:30 am sunday morning and I'm still in the recovery room. All i want is to see my baby! But they need to make sure i can move my legs and stablize. So i get to my room around 6:30 and I can't see my baby until 8:30 after the pediatricians make their rounds. Time ticked mt so slow plus I was by myself with no TV yet so it seemed like eternity I couldn't get up to walk to the nursery either. they finally wheel my baby into my room and he is the most cutest thing I have ever saw! I can't believe to this day that he came out of me! He had the biggest eyes and pinkest lips that made you want to kiss em everytime you seen him. I didn't get his stats until then a nurse told me he weighed 9lbs 7 oz but he was 9lbs 2 oz and 22" long which I found out later was only 21"!

My first visitor was my mother-inlaw (ho was in canada visiting her husbands family), dh and his step brother Lirone. She held him and even got him to drink about a half oz of formula. They said since he was a big baby that i should do both formula and breast! Dh changed his first poop diaper that day and that was the funniest! He took it off and it kept coming out and it was still the dark meconium so his mom had to help him! Priceless.!

I was released Aug 1st and had to go right back into the hospital because i had difficulty breathing and was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism. I was on blood thinners and didn't see my baby again until he was a week old. So I have some pics but not ones that I wish I would of had! Plus, when I had asked my mom to get my hosptal bag when they admitted me from my appointment she bought the one without my camera!
Tori-26 :king: Marquise-26

Marquise Jr. 07/29/07

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0