Log In Sign Up

How Ian got here

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2009, 01:06 PM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,285
I wish I would have found this site sooner (like when I was pregnant). Anyway, here's my story:

We had it all planned out. Got on insurance in August through DH's work. Get pregnant in December. Have the baby in September on my dad's birthday. Of course that plan didn't work out. We had just finished building our house. We were both working. We had been living with my parents for two months. We got pregnant the first week we lived in our new house. Totally unexpected. I was sick from the start. I quit my job pretty much right away. The next nine months were terrible. Between the sleepless nights, nausea, and heartburn I was just miserable. For the entire 9 months.

The end was near! I started hoping to go into labor at 36 weeks. Every appt. I knew I was at least 4 cm. I never got past 1! My last ob appt (the 19th) they went ahead and scheduled an induction for the 26th. I was terrified of being induced and told myself "they can't make me come!"

I went into early labor at 8:30 on Friday morning (the 23th). Pretty regular contractions about 7 minutes apart and pretty managable. I only had a little bit of show. I spent the day walking around my neighborhood and in the bathtub. Finally at 4:30 I called the hospital to ask if I should come in. They said to wait until the contractions were closer. So I laid around with a watch timing them. I really have no idea where DH was. At 6:00 I got a shower and put on my clothes and started walking out the door. Then DH saw what I was doing and asked "Is it time?" Well yea! So we were off for our hour drive to the hospital. I told him not to speed that I wasn't too uncomfortable. 10 minutes into the ride I was screaming and praying. The contractions were 1 minute apart. It was terrible. As soon as we got to the hospital and I got out of the car I felt better. Looking back now it had to be the way I was positioned or something. They got me in L&D and checked me. 2 cm!!!! They wanted to send me home because they thought I had a bladder infection but since we lived far away would keep me for observation. 2 hours later I was at 4 cm. So we called people and let them know that a baby was on his way.

I dealt with the contractions ok. I got some IV medication then at midnight decided for an epidural. They had to try 3 times before being successful with that. The next 4 hours went by pretty fast. I still have heartburn and nausea though. At 4:00 am they said I could go ahead and push. So it began! I expected maybe 30 minutes tops. After an hour and 15 minutes of pushing the doctor asked me if I wanted a c section. Oh yes please! But the nurse didn't think I needed one and got me to push a little more. The doctor said Ian was stuck on my tailbone but they could try the vacuum. I agreed to that and 5 minutes later he was here. I was so tried and worn out I really don't remember those first moments.

It seems like ages went by before I saw him. But when I did it was wonderful. A nice healthy little boy. 7 lbs. 14 oz. 20 inches.

I didn't tear much. The doctor said it wasn't enough to say I did but I think I got a stitch or 2. The whole delivery was pretty much what I expected except the hour and a half of pushing. The recovery was pretty easy as well. After about 4 days I was feeling normal. As normal as you can be running on 2 hours of sleep at a time anyway.

If I was guaranteed the same labor and at least 4 or 5 months without nausea I would definitely be ready for number 2. But since there are never any guarantees I am really thinking if there will be another one down the road.

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0