Log In Sign Up

Olivia Faith

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2007, 08:08 PM
Barbi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 2,136
Send a message via AIM to Barbi
Hi everyone. We just got home a few hours ago. We got out of the hospital late because they were checking Olivia's bilirubin levels again before they would agree to let her go home and she also had to have a “stress test”. Her levels were going down well. She put in a late afternoon push of dirty diapers (six in one hour) to help the cause. She was accessed as a 36 weeker instead of 38 weeks. So she had to have a special “stress test” done where they monitored her in her carseat before they would allow her to be released from the hospital.

I am not sure how to actually write a birth story. So this should be fun.

As anyone who was up late Wednesday night knows. I couldn't get any sleep so I was on here for most of the early morning. We had a raccoon in our backyard chasing stray cats, quite an interesting commotion going on at 4 in the morning.

We got to the hospital bright and early at 5 o'clock and got to watch the sunrise from our prep room. I was wheeled into the or at 7:30 on the dot to get my spinal. Went really well. The drs and anesthesiologists were all wonderful. I believe they used morphine and had the warming tents "bear huggers" ready incase of any problems like my last delivery. Everything went perfectly no complications this time at all. The only side effects I had were nausea and extreme itching.

Olivia Faith was delivered at 8:03. Was screaming her head off. I made the comment that she sounded like the cat being chased by the raccoon. Adam was laughing because the drs and nurses all stopped to look at me rather strangely and I just was like well she does. She scored an 8/9 on her apgar scores. I was actually able to see them pull her out and got to hold her for a couple of minutes before they took her to the nursery. She weighed 7 lbs 7 oz and was 19 inches long. I had an anterior placenta which was not a problem when it came to making the incision but they did have a little work ahead of them trying to get her out from around the placenta.

I was in recovery for only an hour this time and was able to actually spend Olivia's first day with her. I missed this with both of my other children , due to complications I never really saw them until day 2. so I was just like a new mommy again, because I missed all the kids actually first. Like first feeding, first bath, first poo.

The kids came to visit on Friday for the first time. They had to wait until most of the tubes were removed from mom so not to scare them. I still had the iv in my hand so they weren't wanting to get too close to me. Though they loved their little sister. Andrew loves to just lay his face next to her head and hug her. Emma wants to hold her constantly. She doesn't feel a need to share her with anyone not even the grandma's.

It is amazing how one little baby can make your older children seem so big and grown up in only one day. I swear that both kids had gained 10-20 lbs while we were gone.

Adam was hoping to get to come home early on Saturday but Olivia’s bilirubin levels were a bit high. So they had us stay an extra day which I wasn’t complaining about because I knew it would possibly rough coming home to the older children plus my mother. My IL’s were also supposed to be back up here to visit, they were here on Friday, but decided not to come until next weekend due to the fact we didn’t know when we would actually be released.

The kids were happy to see her come home. Emma and Andrew both run for help as soon as she makes any little peep. Our dog is a little skeptical about the noisy little thing. He actually is a little scared and runs for cover.

Reply With Quote
March 5th, 2007, 01:57 AM
SwedenGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,255
Congratulations again! I can't wait to see how my 5-year-old acts around the baby, either!

Reply With Quote
March 5th, 2007, 10:46 AM
whitlovesoak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Provo, Utah
Posts: 4,716
Send a message via MSN to whitlovesoak
<div align="center">

Reply With Quote
March 5th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Posts: n/a
Congrats again!!
Reply With Quote
March 6th, 2007, 01:20 PM
jewell_diva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 1,085
WELCOME, OLIVIA! Looks like Emery-Grace has a birthday buddy! She is beautiful... congrats Mama!
<div align="center">

Reply With Quote
March 12th, 2007, 11:35 AM
*Mrs.T*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candy Land
Posts: 7,933
Send a message via Yahoo to *Mrs.T*
congrats hun!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0