Log In Sign Up

Baby Mary

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2007, 10:11 AM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 667
Well, here is my story...

At around midnight Sunday morning (my due date), I woke up with my regular BH and cramping... They pretty much continued thoroughout the day, but nothing major... not painful, and not timable. By approx 5:00 pm I told DH that I was going to start timing them. Just so I could call the Dr. if they DID start to get painful. They ended up getting like 5 minutes apart (def. thought this was false labor... just like the week before) but I told myself that there was NO way I was going to the hospital for false labor again and coming home with no baby! So I was just dealing with the discomfort.... We get our DD to bed early (for once) and start watching a movie (VERY RARE occasion) when I sat up for a second and OOPS, my water broke. I guess that solved the problem of whether it was false labor or not! My in-laws were at our house within 10 minutes to watch DD and we were on our way! We arrived at the hospital about approx. 9:00 pm, was admitted right away. When I got there I was 4 cm dilated and since my water broke my contractions started getting a bit more uncomfortable. So I get a shot of demeral to hold me over until I could get my epi. I ended up getting it at approx. 11:30. At around midnight, I was feeling pretty comfortable, so DH and I were able to nap (in and out) until about 3:00 a.m. That's when I started to feel the baby move down and get uncomfy again. I was checked again for dilation and was 10 cm at about 3:45ish... but the baby was still really high. I tried pushing for a few minutes but it was pretty painful in the ribs because she was SO high... all I was doing was making myself tired. I started pushing again at about 4:45 and after just a few pushes, she was born at 5:01 am.

A beautiful very healthy baby girl. Weighed 8 lbs 11 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long. She is just wonderful and a spitting image of her sister Anna... another little red head.... how that happened, I have no idea!!! Anyway, we are in love and everyone is doing great!

All in all, not TOO bad an experience. Only really uncomfortable for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
Reply With Quote
June 2nd, 2007, 10:36 AM
Posts: n/a
Congrats on your little girl. Sounds like you had a pretty uneventful labor and delivery. Glad to hear everything is going well.
Reply With Quote
June 2nd, 2007, 03:49 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Eagle, Idaho
Posts: 60,398
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Oh jealous! Been having that false labor thing for a while...like a week off and on they'll get going that 5 minutes apart steady...I wish my water would just break like that!!!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0