Log In Sign Up

Grace Elizabeth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Posts: n/a
Birth Story for Grace Elizabeth

I'm finally trying to get around to doing this! I've been so short on sleep and trying to adjust to having a baby here, but she's napping, so I'll see what I can get done.

I woke up Wednesday June 6, at 2:20 am with stronger contractions and cramps. I had some pink tinged mucus which was new too. I tried to go back to sleep because I knew it wasn't really close to time, but felt like that was going to be the day. I wasn't able to sleep, but I let my husband sleep up until his normal getting up time of 4:40 for his job. When I woke him up, he could tell that something was going on. He suggested that I seriously time the contractions while he got ready for work. I did, and they were around 5-8 minutes apart. He decided that instead of him going to work, he needed to take me to the hospital. He was afraid to leave me home while he went to work, since it's an hour from his job to home to the hospital. So I showered and got ready and we left the house around 6am. We got to the hospital around 6:30am. I was there to be monitored for several hours before they told me if I was staying or going. I was not dilated much more than the week before, but they let me walk the halls and when my doctor came to see me she said that I should stay. She told me that they would break my water at noon.

I was then moved into one of the birthing rooms with a whirlpool tub. At noon the doctor broke my water and although the contractions got much stronger I wasn't really getting any more dilated. My doctor suggested that I use the whirlpool tub cause sometimes that can help speed along labor. They were going to give me Pitocin at 4, but decided to wait until after the whirlpool tub trip. It didn't really do much for me, so around 6 they gave me a dose to speed things up. I started having some really intense contractions, one that lasted for 6 minutes!!! The nurse saw it on the printout and asked about it, and I said that yes, it was strong, and yes it lasted forever! Sometime later the contractions started getting so bad that I wasn't sure anymore that I could just take them without some help. I'd been up since 2:20 that morning and was up half the night before cause my husband was sick. I was exhausted, and the pain got to me more because of it. Around 8 I asked for some pain medicine, and sometime later, close to 10:30 I guess I asked for an epidural. I really didn't want to do that, but I just had to by then. I was just too worn out.

Around 11 the doctor came back in and she said it was time to start pushing. The epidural was helping and I could then just focus on what needed to be done. They tried to show me what was going on in a mirror, but that didn't really help me too much! My husband didn't really want to see what was happening too much either. About halfway through pushing the doctor informed us that she was seeing red hair! That was pretty cool to hear, cause we wanted her to have red hair, my husband does too and I have blonde hair. Then at 12:02 am Thursday June 7 Grace Elizabeth was born. She weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces at birth and was 20.5 inches long.

Not really sure what else to put in here for now. Being in the hospital was strange since I'd never been in the hospital for myself before. I wanted to go home, and did get to leave a little early, after I proved that I could pee on my own. I did have to have a catheter put in for overnight before I went home because I couldn't pee enough on my own. That really sucked. I had great nurses until the last day, and that one was good, she just wasn't very friendly and didn't take much time with me when I had questions.

All in all delivery went well. I didn't quite do it the way I wanted, but I wasn't really dead set against anything when I went in. Breastfeeding is a challenge, but I'm still sticking to that!!! Now to try to adjust the baby's schedule so she doesn't keep me up all night! We're making progress there now too though! She's such a perfect baby!!
Reply With Quote
June 15th, 2007, 07:02 PM
*Angel*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: canon city, CO
Posts: 33,970
Send a message via MSN to *Angel* Send a message via Yahoo to *Angel*
I am glad everything turned out good!! Congratulations!!

Reply With Quote
June 18th, 2007, 03:40 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 39,051
Sounds like everything went pretty well! Congratulations on your beautiful little girl!

Reply With Quote
September 16th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 101
Congratulations on your little one!
Jennifer (25) mom to:
Sage Elizabeth (June 26, 2007)

<div align="center"></div>
Reply With Quote
September 20th, 2007, 10:28 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Eagle, Idaho
Posts: 60,398
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I had always heard once they break your water they won't let you use a tub unless it is like a planned water birth, so how interesting your doctor told you to use it! That would have been nice!

Reply With Quote
September 21st, 2007, 10:08 AM
Posts: n/a
Yes, I was surprised that she let me use the tub after breaking my water! It was nice, but it didn't help things along as much as they hoped. It did help me relax a bit though.
Reply With Quote
September 22nd, 2007, 12:12 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Eagle, Idaho
Posts: 60,398
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Yes, I was surprised that she let me use the tub after breaking my water! It was nice, but it didn't help things along as much as they hoped. It did help me relax a bit though.[/b]
Yeah, and that's important during labor!

Reply With Quote
March 13th, 2008, 09:18 AM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,711
Wow you did have quiet a time. I am glad that I had the csection in a way becuase I didn't have to go through the long labor process and all. I am good at tolerating pain but not the wait.. She is beautiful though and like everyone says as long as you have a healthy baby that is all that matters.
MY Angels: Angelbean5-28-09 Stickybean8-13-09 SweetAngel6-1-10 Raindrop8-13-10Surpriseling10-20-12
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0