Log In Sign Up

Valerie Marie

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2007, 11:57 AM
meganwi77's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 524
I know that I am really late posting this, but better late then never!!

Valerie's birth was a planned c-section at 38.5 weeks. I had to be at the hospital by 6 a.m. on Thursday, March 29th. They had a very hard time getting my IV started. It took 7 tries and finally a girl from the laboratory was able to start it. Apparently I have veins that roll. The only other time I had an IV was when I had my ds. At 8 a.m. they brought me back into the operating room and brought my DH in when everything was ready to start. She was born at 8:26 a.m. and she didn't cry right away. Her cord was wrapped around her neck twice and pretty tight, so she didn't respond very well at first. It took a couple minutes before we heard her crying - that was so hard. I was very scared and kept asking my dh if he could see her and if she was alright. They actually never said whether it was a girl or boy when they delivered her. I heard them say the time and then there was a commotion and they just went to work on her. This is a somewhat rural hospital and I knew everyone in the room personally because my mom works there and so it was pretty tense for those first couple minutes. Anyways, we finally heard her cry and you could tell that she had quite a bit of fluid in her lungs - which they were able to suction it all out. One of the doctors brought her over for me to see her and I asked him if it was a girl and he just smiled and opened the towel so I could see for myself. Then DH went with Valerie out to the nursery to get checked over. My surgery took quite a bit longer because I was also getting my appendix removed and they fixed an umbilical hernia that the surgeon found. He also asked my doctor (who was assisting) if he should remove my gallbladder since he was in there and she told him no. I was awake for the whole procedure and was joking around with them the whole time and told them that they should give me liposuction and fix my belly since they were doing so much work. When I was done they wheeled me down to the nursery so I could see her and then brought me back to my room. They had to give her formula when she was first born because her sugar was really low and it stayed low for a couple hours, but other than that she was really healthy and was even able to stay in my room with me from the first night. Although I had her stay in the nursery each night because I had a pretty rough recovery (due to the extra surgeries). My parents and my best friend were at the hospital when she was born, so she had a little welcoming party. That night my DH's parents came and they brought Brayden (ds - who was 17 months old at the time) to meet his little sister. He was soo excited and had to keep giving her kisses. We had several visitors throughout our stay there and I had a very good experience for the second time. The second night we were there we had a tornado warning and was brought down into the basement for a couple hours while the storms passed - that was an experience. I had to stay in the hospital until Sunday evening and then went home with my beautiful baby girl.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Reply With Quote
June 30th, 2007, 11:38 AM
kimberlypatton@msn.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Eastern WASHINGTON
Posts: 1,421
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your birth story!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0