Log In Sign Up

Adrian Isaah ~ June 2nd (New Member)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2007, 04:13 PM
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9
Send a message via MSN to Stephanie Jenae
Hey everyone! I'm new to the whole message board thing so I can honestly say I don't know what I'm doing. But I figured the best way to introduce myself is to tell my birth story. I got married to my husband Adrian June 2005. That very same day we found out I was 6 wks pregnant. We were thrilled, but I was in the military at the time and was constantly stressed out and overworked. So @ 8 wks I miscarried. We were so heartbroken but after a year of trying and me out of the military I finally got pregnant again. My husband had just returned from Iraq so we had plenty of time to prepare to conceive. We both took vitamins and stayed healthy. So, about 3 wks after my most fertile time I took a home pg test. There was a very faint line, so faint that my eyes went cross and blurry just trying to see it. Of course I didn't trust that test so we went out and got a test in every brand. The day after the 1st test I took another 1 and the line was a little darker, and then the day after that it was clear enough for us to be sure (we did 2 that day and 1 was the digital brand that actually says "pregnant" so there was no arguing that it was a positive test). So I went in to have my urine tested at the hospital. They called and said the test was "inconclusive" and that I would have to do the blood test. So I went back and gave my blood sample and they told me it would be a few days. The next day my husband and I left for vacation in Orlando and as we were driving down the interstate I got a call from the doctor confirming that I was actually pregnant. It kind of sucked since we were just starting our Universal vacation and couldn't fully enjoy it - since i couldn't ride the good rides - but we were very excited. The blood test along with my last period gave me a June 14th due date, which put me at less than 3 wks pregnant. I never would have thought the hormone could show up that soon in urine but it did for me. My 1st U/S was scheduled for November 21. I was soooo scared since with my previous pregnancy the U/S didn't even have a baby in it. I was nearly in tears with worry. But we got there and there my little peanut was, 11 wks along and his heart beating perfectly! So far the pregnancy was going great and the anatomy U/S was scheduled for Feb 2. I had a feeling the entire time it was going to be a boy. And during the U/S the radiology tech told us it's definately a boy and he was in perfect condition. She was in a bit of a mood so I wasn't sure I was ready to believe her and i went along thinking it could still be either a boy or girl. Of course I went out and bought all kinds of BOY things. Lol. Anyway, the next few months went by with no complications and at 38 wks i was already 3 cm and 80 % effaced and I had the option to be "stripped". By this time I was ready to not be pregnant anymore so anything to speed up the process was fine with me. I was stripped on May 30th and had some bleeding for the 1st time in the pregnancy and had some cramping and a constant backache. And later that night I started losing small bits of my mucous plug. The next day my bleeding got a little heavier and I continued to lose some of the mucous plug. Then on Friday night, June 1st, I lost the bulk of the plug (I'm not easily grossed out but that thing sure did it). I knew it wouldn't be much longer. I went to bed and woke up at about 6 the next morning with some stronger cramps but they really didn't hurt. And I was really bleeding now and I was just completely restless. My husband had to work (yes, on a saturday) and he left at 7:45 am. I told him not to go b/c I just knew it was the day. As soon as he left the "cramps", which were obviously contractions, got a little stronger and were about 5 minutes apart - they were anywhere from 10-20 minutes apart before. I called my mom just to ask about it and she helped me time the contractions on the phone. In just the 30 minutes we were talking they went from 5 minutes to about 3-4 (they were pretty consistent so it was really easy to time them). So I called my husband to come home and we got to the hospital just before 9 am. Before arriving at the hospital my contractions hurt but they weren't unbearable. Then as soon as my feet touched the hospital floors it was like the baby knew it was his day and he wasn't wasting ANY time. I had the 1st contraction that I seriously could not walk through. My husband and the nurse had to hold me up in order for me to get on the bed. In less than 2 hours my contractions went from about 15 minutes apart to 2 minutes. When they checked me I was already 6 cm dilated and as fast as i was progressing they knew it wouldn't be long so they rushed me into delivery. After about 2 hours of struggling through the pain they finally finished my registration and I could finally get an epidural. I did pre-register but for some reason it wasn't good enough so they had to redo the whole process. The doctor checked me as soon as I got the epi and I was 8 cm. My water still hadn't broke by then so the doctor attempted to break it. It took her a few minutes but she eventually got it. And then they hooked me up to pitocin. I really don't know why i needed pitocin since my labor was going just fine but I think it's b/c it was close to shift change and they didn't want to have to be there any longer than needed. The doctor and nurses left the room for like 3 hours, only coming in maybe once an hour to check the monitor and leaving again. Then the doctor decided she'd check for more dilation and she was shocked to discover that I was already at 10 cm. I guess she expected it to take a little longer. So, I was able to start pushing and after only 55 minutes my little doll was born, at 5:15 pm. I was pretty lucky as far as the time it took. From the time of my 1st noticable contraction to the birth of my son was only about 11 hrs and 55 minutes, which I've heard is pretty fast for the 1st child. As for my body...I had 2nd degree tears and got plenty of stitches. So for about 2 weeks I could hardly move. I'm great now and my little Adrian Isaah will be 1 month old tomorrow!! ~Sorry this is so flippin long but I guess I had a lot to say~
Stephanie Jenae
Reply With Quote
July 1st, 2007, 04:17 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Norfolk
Posts: 8,663
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
well congrats on having a healthy term pregnancy. Sorry about your previous miscarriage, i think most of us have to have a least one, including me. I can understand the fear when you get pregnant afterwards, cause i was so scared my whole pregnancy with Jaylon especially when i had some early bleeding.

U seem to have had the ideal pregnancy and labor, you effaced and dilated easily and stripping your membranes really worked for u!

welcome and don't be a stranger!

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Reply With Quote
July 2nd, 2007, 11:50 AM
Posts: n/a
Welcome aboard, and congratulations on your son!
Reply With Quote
July 2nd, 2007, 11:51 AM
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9
Send a message via MSN to Stephanie Jenae
thanks! i've known a lot of ppl to never had miscarried and no woman deserves to go through it. i pray that you never will. but i'm just blessed right now to have my little adrian and your baby looks like a doll
Stephanie Jenae
Reply With Quote
July 26th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 846
Congratulations!!! Ivy and Adrian have the same birthday!!! I had two miscarriages before Ivy and it really makes her even more precious I think. ..

Reply With Quote
July 27th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Washington
Posts: 3,085
Congrats on Adrian and welcome to JM. This is a great place to be.
Reply With Quote
September 16th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 101
Congratulations on your little one!
Jennifer (25) mom to:
Sage Elizabeth (June 26, 2007)

<div align="center"></div>
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0