Log In Sign Up

Lauryn Catherine's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*'s Avatar aka Heather!
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 15,703
It all started on Thursday 7/5/07, I went to work like any other day. While at work I started really not feeling very well, I had been crampy all week and it just seemed worse. The cramps were nothing constistant, or even that bad, but it was just wearing me out to keep dealing with them. At 11:30 I decided I had worked a half day and I needed to go home and rest. I arrived at home and started making some phone calls to confirm appliance delivery for the next week for our kitchen remodel. I then decided to do a bunch of stuff around the house, I started laundry, did some cleaning. I just couldn't sit still even though I felt so tired. At about 12:45 I sat down to watch a bit of TV and wait for DH to get home at 1:00. As I was sitting there, I had a huge gush. I thought....."Oh great, now my freaking bladder is failing, this is just wonderful!" So I go the bathroom and empty my bladder, which I thought was weird that I even could go, given how big of a gush I had. I cleaned myself up, half embarassed how I was going to explain this new pregancy thing to DH. I sat down again in front of the TV, and don't I have another gush.... It then dawned on me that it COULD be my water. LOL I don't know why I was so dense about it.

I called my Drs office and they told me to come in and get checked. No sooner had I hung up the phone, then DH walks in the door. I told him that the Dr office wanted me in there today and we should bring our hospital bags. So we grab everything, which wasn't entire ready. We got to the Dr office and they were swamped, my normal Dr was on vacation and the other Dr in there was booked solid. So we get in a room in front of tons of patients, and we wait, and wait....an hour later a nurse comes in appologizing a bunch saying now just got called out to deliver twins, and that I should just go the hospital and she would meet us there to check me out.

Once at the hospital, we went to admissions and got all set and they brought us up to L&D, I was still convinced that this wasn't my water so I really hated going to the hospital for no reason. DH and I both were pretty much talking about how this was another false alarm and what we needed to get done on the house that night. A resident came in and checked me out, but for some reason when they did the exam, they got a bunch of blood, and couldn't tell if it was just blood and fluid or not. They ran some tests and decided that my bag of water was torn and the admitted me. They checked me again and started to monitor for baby and I. I was having very minor contractions, so minor, I couldn't feel them and it had already been 5 hours since my water broke. They started an IV, which I wasn't very happy about so they could give me some pictocin. I told them I really wanted natural, but agreed to the pic only if they agreed to stop it once they got a consitant contraction, they wouldn't rush me. So they got that going and I started feeling them fairly quickly. The nurse offered pain meds, but when I told her I wanted natural she switched gears and started working with me on how to get through the contractions without pain meds.

By 8 my contractions were consitant enough and they stopped the pic and off my body went. However, my body was hyper stimulated and I had off the charts contractions with about 10-15 seconds of rest between them. Once those nasty things started, Lauryn's heart rate started to bottom out. The nurses and staff came running in to see what they could do. They had me switch positions but finally against everyones wishes left me on my back. She hated my sides and would really bottom out then. They put in an internal monitor so they could watch her better. This heart rate drop happened a total of 3 times and by midnight I hadn't progressed past 3cm at all even with these constant contractions. At this point I decided it was time to get some pain meds, I was starting to see things that weren't there and I thought I was loosing it. I couldn't get calmed down, even though my brain was trying, I just couldn't. I got the epi by 12:30.

At 1:00 Lauryn's heart rate was still dropping like crazy and I was still only at 3cm. I was pretty much left alone until about 4:00am, and the nurse came in to check on me, I was now 5cm....YAY! Progress, DH said wow, 15 hours to get to 5, only 15 to go.....I didn't find it funny...although now I do. The nurse had just left and I looked at Mike and said, holy crap get her back here now, something is burning! He got her and she said well, we can top off the epi if you like, that may help. They did that immediately because I was screaming. Right after they topped the epi off, my nurse was watching me and she said, I'm going to check you myself, somthing isn't right. She checked me at 4:05am and said your ready to push honey...your 10! I went from 5cm to 10cm in 5 minutes. HOLY CRAP! They got the Dr called and the resident came in and checked me to confirm what the nurse thought. She got the gown on and I was yelling at them that I had to push, they asked me to try to wait that the Dr was on the way. I think I told them, I don't care who catches this baby, it is coming out. I was able to relax and breath through 3 contractions, but the resident was like, ok her body is doing it for her, there is no waiting now!

I pushed 3 times and Lauryn Catherine was born at 4:15am Friday morning 7/6/07. She weighted 5lbs 10oz. She didn't scream at all when they put her on my belly, she just laid there stairing at me. She peeped a bit and I cried harder then she did.

**One piece of irony was the epi kicked in about 15 minutes later....so I did get to feel my baby being born like I wanted. Its funny how things work out**


My Siggy Gallery ~ Request a Siggy ~ My Blog ~ My Page Gallery
Reply With Quote
July 9th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,633
Send a message via MSN to Momma*of*Four
Wow what a birth story, glad Lauryn came into the world safely... She is a sweetheart CONGRATS again.
New Siggy Coming Soon!!

Reply With Quote
July 10th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Posts: n/a
WHAT AN AWESOME BIRTH STORY! You're a fantastic story teller.

Reply With Quote
July 10th, 2007, 01:07 PM
VoodooGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 1,153
Send a message via Yahoo to VoodooGirl
It was an amazing account to read and Im glad everything worked out smoothly.

Lauryn Catherine is beautiful thanks for sharing
<div align="center">02-08-07 9lbs 4 ozs
Reply With Quote
July 10th, 2007, 02:40 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,161
Great birth story mama...She is beautiful just like her Mommy!!
Corene, Mommy to 4 beautiful boys Braedyn 14, Bailey 11, Teagan 10 & Tannen 3!

Reply With Quote
July 11th, 2007, 08:43 PM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: B.C. Canada
Posts: 6,063
Thank you for sharing your incredible birth story!!! Little Lauryn is just gorgeous!! Congrats again!!
Proud mom to Branden (13.5) and Cam (8.5) and River, our 8 month old bouncing baby boy!

Reply With Quote
July 14th, 2007, 04:31 PM
soaplady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 5,332
Send a message via Yahoo to soaplady
What a fantaastic story! I think it is wonderful that you were sble to feel her being born like you wanted to! Pretty amazing! She is beautiful, congratulations!

My all natural soap and bath products store on Etsy:

Soaps, Scrubs, lip balms, and more! Find Bubbly Seahorse on FB, too!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0