Anna Lise's Grand Entrance

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MomtoAnnaLise
Well, on 7/16, I went to a regular appointment. I was 80% effaced and only 2 cm dilated. The doc stripped my membranes, but said that my cervix was still pointed backwards, and even though I had been having steady contractionsfora day and a half, he thought we'd have to strip them again in 3 days. Well right after that, DH and I went to a friend's pool to see if water would help the discomfort. At 6 pm, I put one foot in the pool, and felt like my stomach exploded. Amniotic fluid everywhere. My friend will probably never swim again . I ran to the bathroom and pushed DH off of the toilet lol. We drove to the hospital, and were admitted at 7pm. My labor progressed quickly for a firsttimer, so I'm told, and I walked the halls and used the birthing ball for 6 hours. When they checked me, I was 6cm, but Anna was 'sunnyside up'. They reoffered the epidural and I accepted it, most of my labor was horrible back contractions and I am impressed by woman who birth naturally this way. The nurse left me to nap with the epidural. She checked in 2 hours and I told her that I thought Anna was ready to come out. She laughed and said that it was too soon for a first labor and that she saw no indication of this on the contraction monitor. She did however check, and went running for the on call OB. I was actually ready to push . Anna was born after only 4 rounds of pushing, 22 minutes later. Her apgars were 9,9, she was just a little pale at first. They immediately put her on my stomach and did her exams and clean up there. She weighed 8lb 5 oz,20.5 inches long, with monster big feet! We stayed in L & D for awhile because the OB needed OR support to help repair my tears. I ended up with over 30 stitches!I'll be moving slowly for awhile. Anna is a sweetie, she has a great cry and can really make herself heard. She is the cutest thing I have ever seen when she is breastfeeding and relaxed. Her inpatient exam went great, they could not find anything wrong. They will continue to monitor her for my heart condition, but so far could hear no murmurs. We are now working on breastfeeding and trying to figure out how to sleep My DH was great during the labor, he helped me to avoid the epidural for as long as I could and really took on his job of coaching through pushes. My MIL and SIL have also really been helping a lot, I lucked out in getting them as in laws.

July 20th, 2007, 09:40 PM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a wonderful birth story! Way to go!!! I just might have to go swimming at a pool now! And those "little" footprints of hers are so precious! Thanks for sharing!

July 21st, 2007, 10:25 AM
nicolelogg's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats again Carla!
July 22nd, 2007, 09:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Olathe
Congrats on your little one! I know what you mean about sunnyside up and back labour, My 3rd daughter was born like that
and I went all natural and she was the one that made me take the epis with the next 3 !

I have to say your little one has a good b day , we share it !
July 30th, 2007, 05:14 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great story...thanks for sharing!! LOVE the foot prints, I wish my hospital would do that!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search