Log In Sign Up

Ryllan's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2007, 08:36 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 35,717
Some mamas wanted to read our previous birth stories. Here is Ryllan's:

My cerclage was taken out on a Monday. Dr. M wanted me to stay around for an hour so she could check me then to see what I went to before sending me home. I went to go see Rebecca (my bestfriend) and her 2 day old ds who were on the same floor. I had a great visit. And was hoping to be holding my baby really soon. When I went back to be checked I was at 3 cm. Dr. M. said she could break my water if I wanted or I could go home. I decided to go home. I didnít want to be induced. I went back to visit Rebecca for a while and to let her know that the baby wasnít coming right now. I visited Rebecca pretty much everyday with Belle. Belle was so sweet trying to encourage Jaden to nurse. He was so sleepy he wouldnít nurse much at all.

I ended back in the hospital on Friday night. I didnít think I was in labor, but I had felt a little trickle. And since with Belle all I had was a little trickle when the water broke I wanted to make sure it wasnít the water. It wasnít the water. And I knew I wasnít in labor but since I was then 4 cm and showing contractions on the monitor they wanted me to stay. I knew I wasnít in labor, but I stayed anyway. I didnít have dh come in because I knew this wasnít it--so no point waking up Belle. Later Dr. Hebert came and checked me I was nearly 5 so she thought I was in labor. Then I did contemplate how great this would be if I was in labor and I hadnít even had one thing I would consider a contraction. But I still didnít think this was it. And it wasnít. In the morning I was still at 5 and Dr. Hebert offered to break my water or let me go home. I choose to go home. I went to see Rebecca and Jaden for a while. She was going to be released really soon. And we would have loved to be in the hosp together, but alas it didnít happen. I was still early (36.5 wks) so it didnít bother me that I wasnít going into labor, but I did want my baby. Especially after getting to hold Jaden several times.

Well, Tuesday morning I decided this is the day. Being at 5 cm, almost competely effaced, adn with his head at +1 I was feeling a ton of pressure. I was still in bed. Noah was getting ready for work and Belle was cuddled up with me. I got up to go pee and had a contraction. Not at all intense or uncomfortable, but I knew that today was going to be the day. I went pee and then got back in bed. I wanted to be rested. I got up when Belle did. No more contractions at all since that one. I got us dressed and debated going to playgroup, but decided not to--would have had to rush to get out of the house for it, but I decided to take it slow that morning. My mom was supposed to watch Belle for us while I delivering. And even though my labor hadnít started yet I started getting stuff ready to go. I packed up food for Belle and her soymilk (she had dairy allergies, so I was sending up her special food). And made sure the house was clean. Then I called my mom at about 11:45 and asked if we could come visit. She said yes of course. I didnít mention anything about labor as I still wasnít having contractions. It took a bit longer for me to get on the road to my mom's house (she only lives 10 minutes away though). On the way to my momís house I had a couple of contractions that were slightly uncomfortable. I was so excited. When I got to my momís I told her my labor started on my way to her house. I went potty and I was having some bloody show--I never had that with Belle at all. Sitting down didnít feel good, so I stood or walked. Definitely back labor long as I was standing or walking I felt fine, but if I sat it was uncomfortable. I called Noah to give him a heads up (at the time he only worked about 10 minutes away from my mom's house). Then I called my docís office and they told us to come right in. So I called Noah back and told him to come get me right away. We got to the docís office and I was at 6. I was admitted and brought right up to a l&d room at about 1. The nurse wanted me to lay down to get a strip of contractions on the monitor. I told her that when I was standing I was in no pain, but if I laid down or sat down my back really hurt. She was kind of insistent that they needed the strip. So I told her she could strap it on me and I would stay there, but I wouldnít lay down. She did. She took it off a few minutes later.

I ate lunch. It was deliciousÖit was nearly Thanksgiving, so I ordered a Thanksgiving meal. And my dad who works at the hospital came to see me. We talked and laughed and visited. I was in no pain at all. But I still wouldnít sit. lol

I was really wondering what I was at so I asked the nurse to check me. It had been nearly 2 hours. My dad left the room to get back to work just before I was checked. I had only dilated 1 cm and was now at 7 cm. That was not the news I was hoping for. I know I couldnít complain because I was at 7 and had yet to be uncomfortable other than when I was sitting in the car, but 1 cm in 2 hours! I went to the bathroom and sat down on the toilet (which didnít feel goodÖsitting) and prayed. As I did I felt like I needed to push. I came out of the bathroom and started to pace and water and blood was trickling down my legs just a bit Noah noticed immediately something was different. He asked if he should get a nurse, but a different nurse came in just then to bring me some water. She could tell that I was about ready to push. She had Mary, a midwife, come check me and I was at almost 10 and to call my doc up here right away. This was within about *3* minutes of being checked and only being at a 7. She had been my midwife with Belle and was at the beginning of this prenancy too, but then because of my cerclage and such I needed to have a doc. She waited with me and the doc wasnít coming. I was pacing and saying that the doc better arrive right away. After I had waited for the doc for 40 minutes Mary said that she was going to go check on her patient really fast and if by the time she came back the dr wasnít there she would deliver the baby if I wanted her too. I agreed. Well, she barely walked out and in walked the doc. All the docs from my practice werenít going to be able to get there quick enough and I had already waited 40 minutes trying not to push. The only ob around was retired from delivering. He came out of retirement to deliver since I couldnít wait for another doc to get there. I was still pacing. I leaned on the bed when he got there and looked down and saw Ryís head was half out. I could feel him coming out even though I wasnít pushing. The doc said I could push if I wanted to; the baby was coming out if I pushed or not. I decided to push because feeling him come out and not pushing hurt. It hurt when I pushed too, but I was concentrating on the pushing. With the first push his head was out, one more push and he came out the rest of the way. No stitches needed or anything. Although he came out so fast that part of his skull had actually slid forward and he had this ridge from ear to ear. It took over a month before that was completely gone. Besides that he was just perfect and so beautiful. The placenta was delivered and the cord cut and the doc left because he had to get back to his practice. The midwife came back and thought that I had delivered without a doc or anything because it happened so fast. lol I nursed Ry and we called our family to come see the baby. Ry didnít nurse quite as easily as Belle had when she was born, but he still nursed really well. He was 6 pounds, 8.5 ounces and 19.5 inches long at exactly 37 weeks. My lil peanut! Belle was in love and still is with her brother. And he is completely smitten with her. Here are a couple of pics:


Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (13.75), Ryllan (11.5), Finn (7.5), and Zane (4).

Reply With Quote
August 23rd, 2007, 03:48 PM
waitingtoland's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 645
Send a message via MSN to waitingtoland
wow, what a beautiful and insperational story!! To get that far dilated without discomfort!! I like to hear those kinds of stories!!
By the way you look simply stunning in that picture with the baby... not to mention you looked that good after you had JUST had a baby!!! wow!!
I would like to model my delivery after yours (I will have to hire hair and makeup to be on call!!)

Reply With Quote
August 23rd, 2007, 06:04 PM
krystallee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Braunfels, TX
Posts: 8,523
Send a message via MSN to krystallee
I love it!!
<div align="center"> </div>
Reply With Quote
October 1st, 2007, 12:51 PM
the_mama.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 8,597
you make it sound so easy!

Thank you BAM for creating such a beautiful siggy!
Reply With Quote
October 2nd, 2007, 05:05 PM
Chantelle's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 382
Wow! You look flipping amazing after having Ryllan, and hes so dang cute! I hope my Rylan is just as cute as yours hehe!
<div align="center">

Reply With Quote
October 2nd, 2007, 06:30 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 35,717
I am certain your Rylan will be absolutely adorable Chantelle!!!!

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (13.75), Ryllan (11.5), Finn (7.5), and Zane (4).

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0