Log In Sign Up

Brayden Anderson [06.11.07]

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2007, 06:11 PM
BraydensMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,849
Send a message via MSN to BraydensMama Send a message via Yahoo to BraydensMama
I posted this when Brayden was first born in the Infants Forum, but I would like to have it here, too.

My doctor had originally put my due date sometime between the 8th and the 13th of June so naturally by the 1st, I was more than ready to have this baby. In the first few months of my pregnancy, I had terrible morning sickness (that was what tipped me off to being pregnant because I couldn't rely on my irregular periods) and for the latter part of the pregnancy it was the heartburn and swollen feet/ankles/legs that got to me. Each time the doctor would check my progress at my appointments, I was only dilated about .5 to 1 cm and that didn't change for about two weeks. He said the baby's head had dropped a little (which is funny because when I had him, I heard his head hadn't dropped at all).

It was no suprise that my baby boy was going to be very large, especially for a petite person (I'm five foot and my fiancee is six foot eight). My doctor made it clear that he would try for a vaginal birth but if my labor didn't progress, he would opt to do a C-Section instead of putting me through 20+ hours of labor. At my last appointment, we scheduled the induction for Monday, the 11th, at 5 in the morning. It would be the start of a very long day.

My mom and fiancee stayed the whole day with me with the exception of food breaks. My dad was there for part of the day. After we arrived, they hooked my up to a blood pressure moniter, a moniter for the baby, and of course, a very uncomfortable IV which I would sport for two days after. They had told me that we wouldn't be able to start the Picotin until the doctor had come in but he didn't come until 10 or 11, I believe. He checked my progress (same as before) and broke my water. There was no turning back now. The nurses increased the Picotin until I could actually feel contractions. It seemed like she did this about four times before I could tell anything was happening.

I held off on the painkillers until I could really feel the contractions coming. They felt like really bad menstrual cramps, all up and down my legs and through my back. I was sitting up in bed because they wouldn't let me walk around. With the Picotin, they had to moniter the baby's heartrate, and I'm grateful for that. The doctor said they would have to wait until I had reached 3 to 4 cm before the epideral could be put in so until then I was on IV painkillers. The first dose was the most potent. I felt a burning in my arm, where they had put in it, and then I was gone. I couldn't have stayed awake if I wanted to.

After this, I am lost on the time I actually had contractions. I remember feeling the contractions again but I was only dilated to 2 or 3 cm. The doctor went ahead and ordered the epideral. He should have done this three hours before because that's how long it took the anestesiologist to actually get there. I must of had a good doctor because everything went smoothly. With exception to the first few pricks, I didn't really feel the needle going in and after it kicked in, the rest of the night was spent in blissful ignorance to anything going on around me.

I guess around eight the doctor came in and said that he was going to go ahead with the C-Section because it had been 16 hours and I didn't dilate past the first stage of labor. In the books I read, most said that in normal labors you should not even go to the hospital until after 3 cm. I don't think this baby would have come anytime soon if left to nature or at all. Still I'm curious if my pelvis could have handled Brayden's head.

Still very out of it, I was wheeled into the O.R. and prepped for surgery. My fiancee was in the room with me, I wouldn't have had it any other way. I remember asking where he was. My parents and his mom were in the waiting room waiting for the chime. I remember the parition being put up and then I passed out. Pulling and pressure were all I remember. I got to see my baby for a few seconds before he was whisked off. My parents said the chime was at 10:15 but they put the time of birth at 10:02 pm. When I woke in Post-Op recovery, I couldn't talk and my mouth was very dry. I was shaking so bad, and I didn't know why. I couldn't hold the baby, it was so bad.

For the next couple days I was on a liquid-only diet and trying to keep up the energy to breast feed every couple of hours. I was on pain killers but I still couldn't move. I had a cathetar for the first day but I was told that after it was removed I had to get up and use the bathroom or it would be put back in. That was enough to get me moving, however slowly at first. The staples were removed and I was discharged on Wednesday night.
Reply With Quote
September 16th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 101
Congratulations on your little one!
Jennifer (25) mom to:
Sage Elizabeth (June 26, 2007)

<div align="center"></div>
Reply With Quote
September 24th, 2007, 11:20 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Eagle, Idaho
Posts: 60,398
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I remember reading this in the infants forum!!

Reply With Quote
October 21st, 2007, 02:23 AM
*Angel*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: canon city, CO
Posts: 33,970
Send a message via MSN to *Angel* Send a message via Yahoo to *Angel*
I cant believe I never read this one!! Congrats!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0