Log In Sign Up

Lillian (Lilly) Ruth Williamson

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2007, 11:48 AM
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 99
Here it is, October 31st and I have yet to post my birth story. Needless to say, we have been a little busy.

So here it is.......

Mommy's due date: May 7, 2007

On Thursday May 3rd I had a regularly scheduled appointment. It would be my last before my due date. At the 2 previous appointments the Doc had checked me to see if there was any progression but my cervix is EXTREMELY posterior and they really couldn't reach it to see without putting me in serious pain. The Doc also tried to strip my membranes at the two final appointments to get things going but once again, this was very painful and not successful. So on my May 3rd appointment my Doc had me schedule my next appointment for Tuesday May 8th, the day after my due date. If we didn't have a baby by then, we were going to schedule an induction for the following week. I honestly thought I would be scheduling that induction but boy was I wrong!

On May 7th, my due date, I was helping DF move. It was a very inconvenient time to be moving but we had to. I didn't really help considering I was 40 weeks pregnant and as big as a house but I did a little unpacking and such. I was secretly hoping that this would get things going. At about 9pm we had done all that we could do for the day and I took a shower so that I could just get up and go to my early morning appointment. At about 11:30pm DF was still doing a little unpacking and I went into the kitchen to get a snack. As I reached to get a piece of candy off the top of the fridge, I felt like I had slightly wet myself. I went to the restroom and there it was, the show. My water hadn't broken but I knew things were getting started.

DF was playing XBOX by this time and I went in and sat on the couch. I told him what happened and that I thought neither one of us would be going to work in the morning! I wasn't feeling any recognizable contractions although there was a little lower back pain. I sat there and tried to see if I could make heads or tails of what I was feeling, but really couldn't.

I decided to lay down at about 12:30 to get some rest before what I hoped to be the big day! DF came to bed soon after and we tried to time contractions. No luck. Nothing was consistent enough. Much to my surprise, I fell asleep. I woke up around 4:30 with a real contraction. I woke DF up to start timing them. They were about 6 minutes apart and consistent. I decided to wait to call my mom because I knew she would start to panic. I went to the bathroom at 5 and had seriously bloody show. At that time we decided to call everyone and of coarse, my mom panicked and was like "go to the hospital now!" lol

We leisurely got ready for the hospital but when I had a contraction I would have to stop. We were finally out the door at 5:30 am. DF was freaking out because the only shoes he had were flip flops because all of his shoes were at his old apartment. LOL On the way we stopped by McDonald's because I knew I wouldn't be able to eat for quite a while.

We finally arrived at the hospital at 6:30. We parked (this was funny because I told DF I think he was supposed to drop me off at the door) and walked in. In the car the contractions had gotten more painful and I really couldn't talk through them. We went to admissions and got set up. In triage they checked me and I was 3 1/2 centimeters, about what I had expected. This was a big change considering my cervix was still posterior at the last appointment. The nurse called my Doc and she admitted me. At that point I realized I hadn't called my dad. I work for him so I called and said "I don't think I will be coming into to work today, I am at the hospital." He jokingly said "Do you think you can make it tomorrow?"

I had to wait an hour for my room and we walked around. Contractions were still getting progressively stronger. Finally, we got in our delivery room and were set up. I was checked again and I think I was at a 5. Not bad for a couple of hours. My nurse was absolutely wonderful. She explained everything to me and made sure I stayed comfy. She asked if I wanted pain meds. I really didn't need them at that point but was pretty sure I would get an Epi. She told me to let her know when. She also got Pitocin started to hurry things along. Still not sure why my doc did this, I guess they were worried I wouldn't progress fast enough. I asked the nurse how long it would take for the Pitocin to kick in. She said about 45 minutes but I shouldn't feel much of a change. HAHAHAHAHA! At about 45 minutes exactly, I was in extreme pain. I made DF go hunt her down to get the Epi started. She moved quickly and got my fluids going that I needed. Within 30 minutes I had the Epi. Thank goodness. What a relief.

I labored for a few hours and tried to get a little rest. Finally when by doc came in to break my water, we discovered I was at a 10. We also discovered that she had a BM. Not too scary but a concern. The nurse had me push for about 30 minutes. When the doc came back, we were ready to deliver! At 3:03 pm on May 8th Lilly was born. She was 8lbs. 8ozs. and the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Daddy cut the cord and she was whisked over to be suctioned. She was just fine and I could see her across the room. It was the most amazing thing.

After everything was cleaned up (I had to have stitches, apparently I lost a lot of blood and almost had to have a transfusion) DF brought her to me. Then all of the family came in to meet her. Pure chaos. Finally everyone left and it was just the 3 of us. I breast fed her. The nurse was a great help with this. We stayed with her for about an hour and we were moved to our room. Everyone was waiting for us there. I was exhausted. It was about 5 when we got settled in, and it was dinner time, thank goodness. I was sooooooooo hungry!

Everyone left around 10 and it was just the 3 of us again. That was a rough night! DF was tired and I was in pain. I am not to sure how we made it through. Finally we all fell asleep for a few hours.

The next day my mom came to help out. DF went home for a few hours to get some rest so that we could make it through the next night. The next night was a little better. Lilly had lost some weight, which isn't unusual for a breastfed baby. The pediatrician made us stay for 48 hours. By the end of that time, we were ready to go home! We finally got to go home, in the middle of rush hour traffic! I have to say I had a little bit of the baby blues because I was crying and so scared that we were going to get in an accident or something. LOL.

Lilly's birth was the most wonderful thing that has every happened to me! She is a wonderful baby and the light of my life.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0