Log In Sign Up

Marissa's arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Marissa's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,289
Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa's Mommy
On Monday afternoon around 4pm I started to have a lot of cramping and back pain. The last couple of weeks I had been having a lot of cramps, but none that I could actually time. Around 6 I decided to time them and they were about 8-10 min apart. I called my doctor's office to see if I should take my heparin shot just in case I went into labor. The doctor said that I could just skip it, and then take it in the morning because they would probably subside. Around 9:30 they were 6 minutes apart but I was really having back labor. I called L&D and they told me that being a first time mom I could not come in until the contractions were less than 5 minutes apart for at least two hours. Meanwhile I was dying but hey they said I couldn't come in. Two hours later the contractions were still not getting less than 6 min apart consistently but I just wanted to cry they hurt so bad. Finally I woke up Mario and decided we were going to the hospital. I was just going to act like I never called and that I didn't know the rules. Just driving to the hospital we were timing and they suddenly were between 3 and 4 minutes apart. I went to Triage and the checked me and I was already dilated to 5 cm so I was admitted.

I asked for the epidural right away and they couldn't do it because first they had to draw my blood to test my clotting time since I had been taking the heparin. The anestesiologist explained that even though my blood was clotting ok there was a still a small chance of developing a hematoma in the space but it was a small risk. I decided to do the epidural because I knew I hadn't taken the heparin since 8 that morning and I couldn't imagine labor without it.

Around 2 they broke my water to help me progress. They also started pitocin because I couldn't get past 6 cm. Around 6 am my epidural was not working as well and I tried to tell the nurse but she told me I was feeling pressure and there was nothing they could do. Luckily after the shift change the new nurse believed me and called in the anestesiologist who fixed the problem. I knew it was wearing off because I could move my legs around really well.

Around 10:30 I started pushing and I could feel everything. We found out the doctor was at another hospital so I had to stop pushing and wait. Once he got there it went pretty fast. A few more contractions and she was out. She was born at 11:09am weighing 7 lbs 10.5 oz and she was 19.5 inches long. They did use the suction to pull her out and I did tear which required 10 stitches. But the minute she was on my belly all the pain just went away. Well until they delivered the placenta and sewed me up.

The next day we met with the pediatrition and found out that she had a fever when she was born so they had to draw blood and it did come up elevated. The next draw it did go down but then we had to wait to leave since it had to be negative for 48 hours. We were pretty pissed that no one even told us about the temp and then no one even took blood until the next day. Luckily my OB was really great and he used my blood thinners as a medical reason to keep me another 24 hours so we could keep our room and stay with her. Other than the fever the first day she is perfectly healthy and we are so in love.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature!
Reply With Quote
November 10th, 2007, 05:37 AM
WAHM to 3 Crazy girls
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 5,325
Reply With Quote
November 10th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,495
Congrats Mama! Welcome to the world Marissa!!
Reply With Quote
November 10th, 2007, 08:56 AM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Posts: 8,658
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800
Thank you Mrs. Jantzen for my wonderful siggy!

Reply With Quote
November 10th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Posts: n/a
Congratulations on your little girl!!
Reply With Quote
November 11th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 19,240
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Congrats momma!!!

Reply With Quote
November 11th, 2007, 07:45 AM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 20,611
Woohoo!! That part of your life is done... Now its mommy world =)
Reply With Quote
November 11th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Jennijaznraysmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: May 2007
Location: just past the edge of nowhere....
Posts: 6,377
Congrats!! Welcome Marissa!!

Thank you Kara!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0