Log In Sign Up

Naomae Lorraine

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Posts: n/a
So everything started on Thursday, November 8.

8:30 am - Billy and I arrived at the hospital. We got back to Labor and Delivery and I got hooked up to the monitors until we went for the ultrasound. Around 9am we were already called down to find our little one head down! So we went back to the room where the Dr. canceled the c-section and decided to start the induction.

10:00 am - We were moved to a labor room and they started me on pitocin. It was upped every half hour until 5 where we would evaluate where I was at the time. My contractions were coming about ever 1-4 minutes but they weren't happy with their regularity. I would have a couple on top of each other and then some and then a bunch at a time again.

5pm - Dr. Bushrod checked me and I was only 1 cm. So we cut off the pitocin and gave me a break to let me eat. At midnight I was put back on IV fluids and I started contracting on my own - nothing to serious but happy that I was at least doing that.

Friday, November 9

6am - Induction restarted! This time they were more aggressive with the pitocin and upping the dosage.

8am - Dr. Kane came in to check me where I was still 1 cm but baby had dropped to a -1 station. At this time they also broke my water and put internal monitors on. They put on the internals because baby enjoyed swimming away from the external ones.

9:15 am - I looked at the monitor to find that baby's heartbeat had dropped very low - a very dangerous low. Billy looked at me and saw me panicking - he asked if we should call the nurses. At the same time - people started rushing in. I was put on oxygen and kept getting rolled around. My Dr. and the on call Dr. came strolling in (they were calm in the middle of the storm of frantic nurses). The Drs. checked to make sure the cord wasn't any place it should have been. Billy held my hand the entire time and was absolutely wonderful - the calm for me. I remember a few people but was told later that everyone on the labor and delivery staff was in the room (we were the only patients that entire day!). Next thing I knew was the anthestsiologist was introducing himself and the nurses wanted to go in and get baby out. The Drs. however were more level headed. And her heartbeat got stablized. What happened was because of the aggressiveness of the pitocin and that my water had broken made for some fast, big contractions which she didn't handle well. Baby also managed to wiggle her hand up on top of her head (we think to feel the monitor on her head). Let me say I watched her heartbeat for the rest of the day!

10 am - They put the epidural catheter in! We got some special treatment because they don't give the epidural until the patient needs it but due to the little scare they put it in awhile just in case they should need to do an emergency c-section we would be ready to go. It was not fun but I did enjoy the epidural later!

Afternoon - I got to 3 cm and thinned out. Billy went out to get my nurse (who was the best nurse ever - she was truly wonderful!) and when he came back in he told me that everyone was staring at our monitors. When they watch babies they watch for variants in her heartbeat to note activity - however she didn't have much variant - it was pretty much a flat line. So everyone was making sure Baby was ok. Apparently there was a reason that we were the only ones there that day - we got excellent care.

6pm - My nurse kept checking me all afternoon to see my progress. She was good about preparing us for the fact that I wasn't progressing as I should and that we were looking at a c-section anyway. Dr. Bushrod did the final check and I only got to 4cm. She wasn't happy with the progress - they expect certain things to be happening and with me they weren't. So in everyone's best interest it was decided to do the c-section.

6:05 - I got prepped for the OR. They wheeled me down, numbed me up, got me on the table and got Billy in the room. Everything after that went fast. I felt some tugging and then I heard a little cry! At 6:43 our little Naomae was born! She did excellent and Billy went with her to the nursery and got to give her first bath. I got to recovery for an hour and then I finally got to hold her in my arms!

It was a long journey but incredibly worth it!
Reply With Quote
November 14th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Posts: n/a
It sounds like you received excellent care and had a wonderful staff watching over you and little Naomae. Congratulations!!!
Reply With Quote
November 14th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 19,240
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
aww, baby cupcake sure did stir up some drama! congrats jamie!

Reply With Quote
November 14th, 2007, 03:07 PM
kwestern's Avatar Coolest Mom Ever
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 7,337
YAY!!! Gotta love the drama queen entrance!! So glad she's here!! Beautiful!!!

Thank you Kara for my siggy!
Reply With Quote
November 15th, 2007, 06:18 AM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Posts: 8,658
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800
What a great story, thanks for sharing!! CONGRATS!!!
Thank you Mrs. Jantzen for my wonderful siggy!

Reply With Quote
November 18th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Jennijaznraysmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: May 2007
Location: just past the edge of nowhere....
Posts: 6,377
She adorable!! It's nice you got such excellent care!!

Thank you Kara!
Reply With Quote
November 23rd, 2007, 04:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,495
Yay! Welcome, Cupcake!!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0